Author Topic: NiGHTS into dreams... for XBLA/PSN/PC  (Read 49300 times)

Offline SaturnineNights

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: NiGHTS into dreams... for XBLA/PSN/PC
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 04:30:22 pm »
I wish my Playstation would download faster!!

I'd love to see a Saturn Hits collection, I could see Clockwork Knight, Bug! and Panzer Dragoon being part of a "line," as they seem to be doing these re-releases in self-contained volumes. They may opt to put PD/Zwei/Orta in its own volume, though.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 03:29:20 am »
How does it feel, play, and look like compared to the original Saturn and PS2 port? I plan on getting my copy this Friday.

Offline SaturnineNights

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 09:31:30 am »
It's definitely the PS2 port. I've only played that on emulator, but the movement always felt off a little on PS2. Here, everything feels tight and fluid. The graphics are in line with the PS2 port, really smooth and geometric, and the colors really pop. The interview with Iizuka is terrible. No Sonic into dreams. Overall though, any NiGHTS is better than no NiGHTS, and playing this in Saturn mode (and the PS2 mode) has been a wonderful experience. It's almost exactly as I expected it'd be, which is high praise for SEGA in 2012.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 02:38:39 am »
Thanks! I am totally ready for Friday now. Funny how I am excited for a game I already own.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 03:41:34 am »
a couple notes

-It's the ps2 port just updated for widescreen and hd.  The colors look less vibrant than I remember, the ideyas specifically are lacking in the color department for some reason.  Gameplay feels great though. 

-the saturn version is played in a windowed mode which is bullshit.  They could have at least made the dimensions of the window a bit bigger.  In the ps2 version, both "brand new dream" and "saturn mode" shared the same aspect ratio, which created much less of a headache when switching between them on the fly.  Bad decision making here. 

Glad to have one of my favorite games in HD/widescreen!

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 07:40:40 am »
Interesting. I remember the original Saturn version having a Widescreen mode. It's a shame that it didn't make it into this release but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm glad to hear the control and feel of the game are intact. 2 for 2 so far on this SEGA Heritage brand. I look forward to the next wave hopefully soon.

Offline SaturnineNights

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »

-the saturn version is played in a windowed mode which is bullshit.  They could have at least made the dimensions of the window a bit bigger.

You can change it to 16:9 fullscreen in the Options Menu. It's under "SS Window" or something similar.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 01:46:45 pm »
After playing a few stages in both the Saturn and Remastered version I must say I am having a total ball playing this game. It's a title that is real simple but at the same time hard to master.  Maybe it's because I've never played it before but getting above a "C Rank" is tricky and I'm going to really have to become more skilled at chaining links together.  Loving the game though and I can definitely see now why it is a classic!  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:54:52 pm by CosmicCastaway »
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline segaismysavior

• Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »
I don't get why Fri is the release date, when XBL usually adds games on Wed. Waiting sucks.  :-\

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »
You can change it to 16:9 fullscreen in the Options Menu. It's under "SS Window" or something similar.

Son, you just made my day.  This might very well be the definitive version of the title, even without 2 player-mode. 

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »
After playing a few stages in both the Saturn and Remastered version I must say I am having a total ball playing this game. It's a title that is real simple but at the same time hard to master.  Maybe it's because I've never played it before but getting above a "C Rank" is tricky and I'm going to really have become more skilled at chaining links together.  Loving the game though and I can definitely see now why it is a classic!  :)

I wish someone would have told me this as a kid but the trick to getting above a "C" is to keep doing laps and collecting chips even after you've destroyed the ideya capture.  Don't turn your points in until the last possible moment to get the highest score.  Hope that helps!

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 04:55:40 pm »
I wish someone would have told me this as a kid but the trick to getting above a "C" is to keep doing laps and collecting chips even after you've destroyed the ideya capture.  Don't turn your points in until the last possible moment to get the highest score.  Hope that helps!

Cool! Thank you very much for the tip!
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 05:03:46 pm »
Greatly enjoying the game.

dualshock stick is always loose though compared to other controllers, so it's taking adjusting, but having loads of fun.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 06:08:07 pm »
Good to hear the SS version widescreen option is still in. It's a complete game as far as I'm concerned. Come on Friday my 360 is waiting...

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 11:08:52 am »
Yeah after owning the PS2 version, i feel this is a welcome addition, just don't like the fact that its not a hard copy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:10:51 am by ROJM »