Poll

Would you like Toshiba to merge with Sega?

Yes
4 (40%)
No
4 (40%)
Maybe
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: April 30, 2013, 11:30:46 pm

Author Topic: Toshiba!  (Read 42644 times)

3raser

Re: Toshiba!
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2013, 01:33:13 pm »
It's happening!

Toshiba noticed this thread and decided to release their new console. Day one buy for me.

At least it was made by their website, but that was an April Fools joke. I'm not sure if you realized it, but I thought you supported this whole Toshiba-Sega idea. Toshiba is a very good electronics company. Ever since I started this thread, people have hated Toshiba. The entire company of Toshiba is highly capable of releasing video game consoles in the future. I am not sure why so many people are against Toshiba buying Sega. Toshiba is largely Japan and U.S. based. Sega is as well. It matches perfectly.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2013, 05:33:56 pm »
Haha, yeah I know it was a joke. The 12 core processors and 5 HDMI ports right at the beginning give it away.

I thought it would be funny to post it here since there's a mini flame war going on about a Sega-Toshiba console.

Offline Randroid

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2013, 05:37:12 pm »
At least it was made by their website, but that was an April Fools joke. I'm not sure if you realized it, but I thought you supported this whole Toshiba-Sega idea. Toshiba is a very good electronics company. Ever since I started this thread, people have hated Toshiba. The entire company of Toshiba is highly capable of releasing video game consoles in the future. I am not sure why so many people are against Toshiba buying Sega. Toshiba is largely Japan and U.S. based. Sega is as well. It matches perfectly.

I'll state again. I am all for a Toshiba-Sega merger. I love both companies for their respective products and can't see how they would conflict in any way. Also, Toshiba can compete in the Japanese console market, so it would make sense for them to do so if they merge with an established video game hardware maker (sega).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 05:39:10 pm »
Every time I see this thread title, I think of NiGHTS saying: Aptiva!

3raser

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 11:24:55 pm »
I'll state again. I am all for a Toshiba-Sega merger. I love both companies for their respective products and can't see how they would conflict in any way. Also, Toshiba can compete in the Japanese console market, so it would make sense for them to do so if they merge with an established video game hardware maker (sega).

Ok. I was just making sure that you supported the idea all along. I appreciate the humor, but I am seriously thinking that it might happen one day. I'm glad the Toshiba console rumors have spread so much that Toshiba even thought about it. Both Sega and Toshiba could really make a big profit off of that. Still, they should probably start with something light first like Sega sponsored merchandise for Toshiba's profit, until Sega decides to join them into one large company.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2015, 01:31:30 am »
SEGA fans supporting an idea does not make it a viable platform or else we would have Shenmue 3, Skies of Arcadia 2 and a whole host of other titles.
Guess what. We will now have a Shenmue III and a Skies of Arcadia 2, so I guess anything is possible at this point. I know Barry, this topic is very old indeed. I just found it amusing that someone posted the impossibilities of the two games in this thread and now they are - in fact - being released.

Toshiba & SEGA console 2019!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2015, 08:03:06 am »
Guess what. We will now have a Shenmue III and a Skies of Arcadia 2, so I guess anything is possible at this point. I know Barry, this topic is very old indeed. I just found it amusing that someone posted the impossibilities of the two games in this thread and now they are - in fact - being released.

Toshiba & SEGA console 2019!

In what world is Skies of Arcadia 2 coming out?
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2015, 09:07:00 am »
First off, its not fair to call out a 2013 post from Aki saying Shenmue 3 was a pipe dream, because at that time it totally was. Also, Skies of Arcadia 2? What SEGA news sites are you reading?

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2015, 12:07:13 pm »
First off, its not fair to call out a 2013 post from Aki saying Shenmue 3 was a pipe dream, because at that time it totally was. Also, Skies of Arcadia 2? What SEGA news sites are you reading?

Once SEGA Holdings,Ltd is open for public trading, it can and will likely merge with Toshiba. Selling its remaining capital of $3 billion(50% of Sega Sammy's Stock) to them.

It would not surprise me if that occurs early in 2016.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2015, 01:17:00 pm »
Somehow mixed it up with Dead Island.  :P Not sure about Skies because I've never played it. I guess it could be released too. Anything is possible at this point. Back to Toshiba, I was previously wrong in a different thread. I think it would be a huge idea!

2019!

Offline Sharky

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2015, 02:09:23 pm »

Once SEGA Holdings,Ltd is open for public trading, it can and will likely merge with Toshiba. Selling its remaining capital of $3 billion(50% of Sega Sammy's Stock) to them.

It would not surprise me if that occurs early in 2016.

Why would you even jump to that conclusion?
Made by SEGA

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2015, 02:34:59 pm »
Why would you even jump to that conclusion?

SEGA Holdings,Ltd is now the official mothership and parent company of Sega and Sammy.
http://sega.co.jp/

https://trademarks.justia.com/790/40/sega-sammy-79040246.html

NEW REPRESENTATIVE AT IB RECEIVED
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]What this means is that SEGASammy's International Registration will be allowed to expire in December 2016, without renewal and that Holdings ownership is no longer under that name or the group.[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/holding-company.html
Since Sega Sammy's IR has been cancelled, SEGA Holdings,Ltd will exhume complete control over the entire company once it begins public trading. And since SegaSammy is no longer a merger group, SEGA Holdings,Ltd can sell its capital to whoever they please once they have a NIKKEI symbol and S&P 500 stock symbol.[/font][/color]

[/font][/color]
[/size]The strongest candidate for a merger is Toshiba Corporation. Which makes sense seeing how Toshiba time and time again TRIED to purchase Sega from CSK Enterprises in 1997 and again in 2000(in which each time, it's Chairman Isao Okawa flat out refused.)[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]Toshiba is a company 5X times the size of Sony and has WAY more money,assets,cash flow and most important, equity than Sony. About $170 billion worth.[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2015, 03:38:00 pm »
Source for that second paragraph please
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2015, 03:42:29 pm »
Sounds like a lot of guess work at play here.
Made by SEGA

Offline Randroid

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2015, 04:00:19 pm »
I agree that it's not a certainty in any way, but I'm 100% for it if it happens. Sega needs an electronics hardware partner. That is the absolute only hope for a new console of any type to happen.

Sega's good, but no where near as good as when they were deving for their own platform.