Author Topic: Just Cause 2 Demo - Chaos approved  (Read 10691 times)

Offline MetaKraken_PSN

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Just Cause 2 Demo - Chaos approved
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 10:47:09 am »
I got JC2 and won four trophies at once yesterday ^_^.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 01:13:02 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I hated the 2D releases in the series because their humor was like Newgrounds' style stuff. I mean come on, a fart button? Also I thought they played like ass.
At least it had humor and a sense of "we don't give a fuck" from the developers.
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 02:15:39 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
I hated the 2D releases in the series because their humor was like Newgrounds' style stuff. I mean come on, a fart button? Also I thought they played like ass.
At least it had humor and a sense of "we don't give a fuck" from the developers.

A fart button is the lamest fucking attempt at humor in a game I have ever seen in my life, and I have read Sonic Unleashed quotes. GTA1 and 2 were also not fun at all, so even if they were funny, it would not matter.

Offline MetaKraken_PSN

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 02:29:59 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"

A fart button is the lamest fucking attempt at humor in a game I have ever seen in my life, and I have read Sonic Unleashed quotes. GTA1 and 2 were also not fun at all, so even if they were funny, it would not matter.
Yeah, I hated GTAs i & 2, because free roaming is severely limited due to the player being given limited lives.

And the Respect-O-Meter is pretty much the most annoying and crappy feature ever. Oh and the top view is indeed tedious because cops can appear out of nowhere and the car crashes were... downgradable.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 05:54:02 pm »
Oh come on, the first one was a bit raw, but the second was LOADS of fun. I remember playing it when it came out.. I was young and I grew enjoying the game. It might be a bit childish in some aspects, but that was most of it's charm. I rather have that then the "0MG UB3R S3R10US St0RyZZZ" of GTA4 that makes me laugh for all kinds of bad reasons.

I liked GTA better when it wasn't mainstream.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 07:58:20 pm »
GTA Vice City is by far my favourite as well. Everything about it was awesome and what I want out of a game like GTA. It was an over the top tribute to the 1980s TV shows, movies and in general. It had the Lawyer from 'Carlito's Way' the House from 'Scarface' the lead from 'Goodfellas', the Ferrari from Miami Vice/Magnum PI... it was just perfect. You could live in this larger than life world, buying up property, piloting helicopter bombs, shooting everyone and getting into massive carchases.

And to the people who said GTA2 sucked, YOU SUCK. GTA2 fucking rocked. It was pretty difficult at times, but the city was huge, it had lots of missions everywhere, you could put MACHINE GUNS ON YOUR CARS, the gangs were funny and cool (a team of mad scientists and escaped mental patients for example).

As for the sense of humour, I barely even remember the fart button, but it was just a fun thing to put in to replace the horn for when you were on foot. Apart from that , saving your game at a church (with a big 'Jesus Saves!' over the top) was funny, and many of the missions were really awesome or funny as well.

Offline MetaKraken_PSN

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 10:12:24 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
GTA Vice City is by far my favourite as well. Everything about it was awesome and what I want out of a game like GTA. It was an over the top tribute to the 1980s TV shows, movies and in general. It had the Lawyer from 'Carlito's Way' the House from 'Scarface' the lead from 'Goodfellas', the Ferrari from Miami Vice/Magnum PI... it was just perfect. You could live in this larger than life world, buying up property, piloting helicopter bombs, shooting everyone and getting into massive carchases.

And to the people who said GTA2 sucked, YOU SUCK. GTA2 fucking rocked. It was pretty difficult at times, but the city was huge, it had lots of missions everywhere, you could put MACHINE GUNS ON YOUR CARS, the gangs were funny and cool (a team of mad scientists and escaped mental patients for example).

As for the sense of humour, I barely even remember the fart button, but it was just a fun thing to put in to replace the horn for when you were on foot. Apart from that , saving your game at a church (with a big 'Jesus Saves!' over the top) was funny, and many of the missions were really awesome or funny as well.

Yes, that was me. Sorry  :cry: (it was only an opinion I made).

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 10:37:02 pm »
Quote from: "MetaKraken_PSN"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

Yes, that was me. Sorry  :cry: (it was only an opinion I made).

Don't take it seriously, I was just joking around with the 'You Suck'.

Offline MetaKraken_PSN

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 06:20:26 am »
^^You got me :lol:.

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 09:08:54 am »
I don't remember which GTA I have on the DC, I think it's the second one.
It wasn't fun though, which ever it was.

Also, I've tried to get into GTA4 3 times now and just don't find it fun.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 10:59:35 pm »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"
I don't remember which GTA I have on the DC, I think it's the second one.
It wasn't fun though, which ever it was.

Also, I've tried to get into GTA4 3 times now and just don't find it fun.

Not sure what the DC version of GTA2 was like, but the PC version I really loved. When did you play it? It's a completely different game to GTA3 onwards, I get the feeling a lot of people went back and tried the old ones and didn't like them in comparison.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 03:31:59 pm »
^^^I played the old ones when they were first released. A friend of mine was really into them, always showing them off to everyone he knew all of the time. Once the series became popular he thought it was because of him mainly. Pretty cool guy.

I hated them then and I am just not a fan of them at all now. I would try out the Dreamcast release, but it takes up like 60 something blocks. Screw that!

It seems like a set of games you really needed to have played and liked a lot when they first came out to appreciate them a lot, I see the same stuff happen to titles like Mortal Kombat, Pac-Man, Ecco the Dolphin and eventually games like Shenmue and Sonic Adventure will have it too, sadly.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 07:25:09 pm »
Yeah I think it's one of those love or hate type of games. I know I used to love them back in the day, they were just really fast paced crazy fun, although I think the shooting mechanics were pretty poor (You cant aim anywhere by where you face, so you kinda had to be in the line of fire to shoot them back :/) but the driving was lots of fun.

EDIT: By the way everyone, GTA1 and 2 are now 100% free for anyone to download and play on PC...
http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:59 pm »
Everyone should play GTA2. I think it has online play.. It would be fun to get everyone playing
SEG4GES