Author Topic: Sony Asia Conference for 9/9  (Read 25238 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Sony Asia Conference for 9/9
« on: September 08, 2013, 10:42:35 am »
So it's tomorrow (Or today evening for those living in America) where Sony is due to announce the Japanese launch date for the Playstation 4 as well as possibly showcase some of the major titles Japanese developers will announce for the launch of the console.

Those worried that conference will be available only in Japanese, fear not! The conference will appear subtitled (Perhaps hinting at some major international title to be announced?) one title that has been hinted to be showcased has been SEGA's Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin.

The conference will start on Monday at 7am British Summer Time, 2am for those living in New York and on Sunday evening at 11pm for those living in Georgeflornia.

(Countdown clock from everyone else http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=136&iso=20130909T07&msg=Sony+PS3+Japan+Conference )

Get hyped.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sony Asia Conference for 9/9
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 01:10:36 pm »
9/9 is a day for the Dreamcast, good sir! Nobody should be talking about Playstation on such an important day.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 01:35:38 pm »
My sleeping pattern sucks right now so definitly gonna be watching this.

Maybe we can celebrate some SEGA as well :D

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 03:26:42 pm »
9/9 is a day for the Dreamcast, good sir! Nobody should be talking about Playstation on such an important day.

It's alright, SEGA's going to be there too so that balances things out.

My sleeping pattern sucks right now so definitly gonna be watching this.

Maybe we can celebrate some SEGA as well :D

Do you have Skype? Me, George, Taro, SEGA Uranus etc are going to have a massive chat room chat on it, if not that then maybe Steam chat?

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 05:18:24 pm »
I'd love to be part but i won't have a computer or device tonight to get on a groupchat. Not spending the night at my own house. I'll be hear on the forums through my phone though. :P

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 01:10:52 am »
So far new Playstation Vita model announced that uses micro USB.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 01:25:46 am »
Some MAJOR titles just announced for Playstation Vita.

Soul Sacrifice Delta announced.

So has Phantasy Star Nova, developed by Tri-Ace.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 01:27:19 am »
Super interested in PSNova, especially since it sounds like a single player game with multiplayer on the side. 

Hey, what's the skype room?  I'd love to join.  My username is Radrappy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:30:25 am by Radrappy »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 02:16:28 am »
If phantasy star nova is any good i'll finally have to get a vita :). Although at the right price.

I think it's safe to assume that Ishin is gonna be a ps4 title!

Edit: There he is!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 03:13:27 am »
Man this conference was all kinds of unexpected greatness and weirdness. I've definitly seen some gems in there that i'll keep my eyes on. I am quite surprised at the titles being cross gen platform like Yakuza ishin.

The ps4 push for japan though is amazing. Software seem great potential systemsellers. Presentation was great.

Personally i'm always a lot more interested in what the japanese side of game industry does. It delivered with some anouncements. I can definitly see how this has generally done a good job. The ps4 information was overwhelming which is great. Speaking for myself and judging each bit, i've only been impressed with very few titles. Most did not show gameplay sadly. I'll say apart from the SEGA titles, Deep down has me very interested

Ps vita tv was part of the weirness.. what the hell was that?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 03:46:02 am »
Don't all those PSvita games look... the samey. They all want to be Monster Hunter and PSO2 sorta shares the same 'concept'. They are totally different games but so is BF4 and MW2, but don't they just seem similar regardless of being different gaming wise?

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 04:52:29 am »
PSO is generally considered the first Hunting Action game, so PSO certainly isn't copying anybody. Monster Hunter blew the genre up though, made it much larger and added its own flair and I agree, some copycats in show.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 05:14:24 am »
Vita TV is a fucking brilliant move my Sony. for the same price as an X-Box one, I can get a PS4 and a Vita TV. Sony OWNS this next generation.

Bad News, this REALLY makes my Ouya dead and I'm worried more about the WiiU now.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 06:55:35 am »
Sony really owns the next generation. Wow at every single move they've done so far. They're un-fucking-stoppable
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:03:54 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 07:40:29 am »
Deep Down being a Playstation 4 exclusive surprises me, it's a big one that if the game will be half as good as it looks.

Sony really owns the next generation. Wow at every single move they've done so far. They're un-fucking-stoppable

See my namesake?! I told you that the Playstation 4 will arrive with a bang. With both Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin and Deep Down confirmed as exclusives, Sony has already got two of the big hitters ready for the Playstation 4, if they can continue to add to that, their Japanese launch will be bigger than their Playstation 3 one (Not that that is hard to overcome)