Author Topic: Super monkey ball Bounce  (Read 12822 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
Super monkey ball Bounce
« on: May 20, 2014, 02:26:44 pm »
Hello as many of you guys know this is a new mobile game from SEGA about the super monkey ball franchise. I open this topic so any of us can bring our opinion.
Also here is a video of the gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UedQh3PADjA

As you can see it seems that the game is developed by Three rings the developer that SEGA bought in 2011 and together create spiral knights. This is nice because this will be their first game about a SEGA franchise. I hope to see more of this in the future.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Super monkey ball Bounce
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:55:27 pm »
It's a Peggle clone with Monkey Ball assets. Zzz. Can I have a new console version that's reminiscent of 1 & 2? Please and thank you.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »
It's a Peggle clone with Monkey Ball assets.

lolSega.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 09:32:22 pm »
Wow... the amount of hate that is in the trailer video (The one that Barry post) amazed me... "Cheap copy of peggle" (I dont see why is cheap...), "They kill super monkey ball" (Just for make a mobile game?...), "I am not paying for this" (Is F2P...) "They will put microtransactions on it" (Well... yeah, again... is F2P...) "I want a new super MB for Psvita and 3DS" (Yeah because debelop a mobile game is as cheap as a Psvita and 3DS game...), "This is not super monkey ball"... god... can you just people relax? The game is based, according to SEGA networks, on a Pachinko style puzzle game but in my opinion after seen screenshots they indeed base in Peggle after all. But that doesnt mean that the game doesnt look good, it looks very funny to me like a very nice way to past time with your mobile (They objective after all) and despite that is getting so much hate and the game is not even release... the same thing is happening with Crazy taxi city rush...
Is rare to me to post this kind of comments but the hate that this industry bring sometimes amaze me, and is not only SEGA, ALL the companies get so much hate just for the little move they made...

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 03:42:02 am »
I remember when SMB used to be one of SEGA's greatest new franchises. Speaking of which, I miss the Nagoshi that made those and fzero on gamecube. I think when focus went to Yakuza is when smb wasnt very important anymore?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 04:43:06 am »
I remember when SMB used to be one of SEGA's greatest new franchises. Speaking of which, I miss the Nagoshi that made those and fzero on gamecube. I think when focus went to Yakuza is when smb wasnt very important anymore?

It was when we entered the glorious HD era when Monkey Ball wasn't important anymore.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:20:11 am »
I agree with most of you, the GC versions are the best ones indeed.
Unfortunatelly the franchise has gone downhill in the HD era

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 07:43:38 am »
Coming Soon - Brand New Skies of Arcadia!

You play it by tapping the screen to avoid cyclones, so it's like flappy bird, but with a ship instead of the bird.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 08:02:08 am »
It was when we entered the glorious HD era when Monkey Ball wasn't important anymore.

Lol The Wii wasn't High Def at all . The series gone down hill because it be milked to much and not enough love or care has gone into the game. Like so much to do with SEGA , its now all done on the cheap , with poor tech and safe bets . Its really sad to see SEGA go to new lows 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 08:02:41 am »
So, so glorious...:(

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:01 am »
Coming Soon - Brand New Skies of Arcadia!

You play it by tapping the screen to avoid cyclones, so it's like flappy bird, but with a ship instead of the bird.

Now Mang, Skies of Arcadia had to be popular at some point to deserve a mobile sequel!

So, so glorious... :(

If you ever get a Vita though, try that version out, it's quite good but extremely short.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:56:01 am by Aki-at »

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 10:38:08 am »
Lol The Wii wasn't High Def at all . The series gone down hill because it be milked to much and not enough love or care has gone into the game. Like so much to do with SEGA , its now all done on the cheap , with poor tech and safe bets . Its really sad to see SEGA go to new lows 

The Wii version was garbage. I bought it at launch and couldn't have been more disappointed.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 11:48:12 am »
ALL the companies get so much hate just for the little move they made...

Yeah, I have no idea why many people hate this type of market. I know it can be an easy money maker (the F2P model) but if the game doesn't do the "pay to win" or "10 hours until next upgrade in lvl.2/pay for be fast" , that's gonna be an OK F2P.
If you like it, you can play more of these. If you don't like it, YOU CAN UNINSTALL OR NOT DOWLOADING THE GAME. That's all. The game is free.
At least Sega is making another SMB game or something related continuosly. That's the more important part.

We can't have another console SMB game. The appealing and opportunity of the original games don't work anymore in consoles, but it can work in smartphones. That's all I say...

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:47 am »
Now Mang, Skies of Arcadia had to be popular at some point to deserve a mobile sequel!

If you ever get a Vita though, try that version out, it's quite good but extremely short.
I actually got one recently. I'll be sure to order it soon(must be cheap by now anyway)

The music at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywed64pZbPw gets 2 thumbsups from me
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:48:25 am by CrazyT »

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 07:05:46 pm »
I remember when I was younger, I would see all of these games, with little balls inside, sometimes the ball, was silver, other times they were plastics. This and Kirby.

Yawwwnnnnn...... I actual thought the video was going to more like Kirby Tilt and Tumble, or something along those lines......