Author Topic: Golden Axe - Official Thread  (Read 108705 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Golden Axe - Official Thread
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2023, 08:46:30 pm »
I think the Chicken Legs are more vital and recognisable than the dragon mounts.
The dragon mounts simply look like generic ridable drakes, while the cockatri or "chicken legs" have more a distinct design recognisable to the Golden Axe and altered Beast games.

If we are talking about uniqueness, yes it's true.
I just think that dragons are much cooler.
Live action version of Chicken Legs are definitely more scary though.

Source : https://twitter.com/FLESHMACHINES/status/1330898802195247104

She would probably be a bit over the top in design i comparison to the others but then again The Duel felt mostly its own thing than a Golden Axe game.

Yeah. And Cathode version also looks more inspired by its Game Gear version than the arcade version.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #271 on: May 09, 2023, 06:52:57 am »
Golden Axe II Tyris Flare Fan Art by Oscar Celestini

Source : https://twitter.com/OscarCelestini/status/1588798299297181699
Thicc thighs save lives!
If we are talking about uniqueness, yes it's true.
I just think that dragons are much cooler.
Live action version of Chicken Legs are definitely more scary though.

Source : https://twitter.com/FLESHMACHINES/status/1330898802195247104
It is, but if you just so happened to walk into a theatre playing some barbarian movie, or found it on TV while channel hopping, you would recognise it as Golden Axe with Chicken Legs.
Yeah. And Cathode version also looks more inspired by its Game Gear version than the arcade version.

Honestly didn't know there was a game where Ax-Battler actually wore armour. Pity our Golden Axe girl isn't as scantly dressed as Tyris.

Offline Berto

« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2023, 10:50:24 pm »
It is, but if you just so happened to walk into a theatre playing some barbarian movie, or found it on TV while channel hopping, you would recognise it as Golden Axe with Chicken Legs.

As long as the design isn't far from the original.
And few people who never played Golden Axe might said, "Hei... That's monsters from Altered Beast"

Honestly didn't know there was a game where Ax-Battler actually wore armour. Pity our Golden Axe girl isn't as scantly dressed as Tyris.

Yeah, even Fighting Vipers-chan (Cathode version) is wearing less clothes than Golden Axe-chan.

Still both anode and cathode version of Golden Axe are at least showing their "Thicc thighs".

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #273 on: May 10, 2023, 10:06:35 am »
As long as the design isn't far from the original.
And few people who never played Golden Axe might said, "Hei... That's monsters from Altered Beast"
True but I imagine it became more familiar from Golden Axe than just Altered Beast. I didn't know it originated from AB years after playing GA.
Yeah, even Fighting Vipers-chan (Cathode version) is wearing less clothes than Golden Axe-chan.

Still both anode and cathode version of Golden Axe are at least showing their "Thicc thighs".
Lives still being saved from thicc thighs!

Offline Berto

« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2023, 07:36:53 pm »
True but I imagine it became more familiar from Golden Axe than just Altered Beast. I didn't know it originated from AB years after playing GA.

I don't know how in UK, but in US and some other countries the early SEGA Genesis / MD model was bundled with Altered Beast so for some people Altered Beast is the most memorable ones.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #275 on: May 11, 2023, 06:55:57 pm »
I don't know how in UK, but in US and some other countries the early SEGA Genesis / MD model was bundled with Altered Beast so for some people Altered Beast is the most memorable ones.

Ah OK. Still, I have a feeling Altered Beast, Golden Axe (and even Dynamite Cop) share the same continuity.

Offline Berto

« Reply #276 on: May 11, 2023, 08:55:40 pm »
Ah OK. Still, I have a feeling Altered Beast, Golden Axe (and even Dynamite Cop) share the same continuity.

Considering we can summon Tyris & Ax in Dynamite Deka so yes they probably do.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #277 on: May 14, 2023, 06:58:29 am »
Considering we can summon Tyris & Ax in Dynamite Deka so yes they probably do.

The Chicken Leg in the pirate cove is a dead ringer for me, but yeah.

Offline Berto

« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2023, 03:36:00 am »
Golden Axe On The Sega 32X? This Hack Makes It Possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1weoJVGXg4

Created by jvisser, 'Golden Axe 32X edition' enhances the 1989 home version of Golden Axe in the following ways:

The maps are reworked based on the arcade version of the game and displayed using the 32X
Eye animations for the turtle and eagle are back in
Uses the arcade version of the door open/close animation
Demo/Attract mode resembles the arcade game more closely
The cast screen had been moved to the main menu and is now interactive
Credits are skippable

The catch? Well, the console-exclusive duel mode is gone, and ...

Article : https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/05/golden-axe-on-the-sega-32x-this-hack-makes-it-possible

Offline Berto

« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2023, 12:15:42 am »
Golden Axe-chan (404 Game Re:Set) Fan Art by Baiola

Source : https://twitter.com/Baiola/status/1658136009278898178

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #280 on: May 23, 2023, 10:49:44 am »
I'm in a barbarian mood again.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:04:17 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2023, 07:40:40 pm »
I'm in a barbarian mood again.

Bring it on!

Offline Berto

« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2023, 07:45:47 pm »
Casting A Live-Action Golden Axe Movie

While the game itself was low on what one would call “plot” or “characters,” that didn’t stop the fans from imagining the sort of adventures Tyris Flare and her comrades embarked on whenever they weren’t fighting the dreadful Death Adder.
Now, what if I told you it’s more than possible to cast an awesome Golden Axe live-action flick?
Sounds bizarre, right?
Well, maybe. But stick around to see which actors would do a great job in this potential adaptation!

1. Richard Armitage as Gilius Thunderhead ...

Article : https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/casting-a-live-action-golden-axe-movie/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2023, 08:13:23 pm »
Bring it on!

Hell yeah! What Barbarian movies would you recommend? So far I've seen The Barbarians, Deathstalker I and II and all Conan movies. I even seen a few Sword and Sorcery movies but none in compare to Conan. It seems rather slim pickings.
Casting A Live-Action Golden Axe Movie

Article : https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/casting-a-live-action-golden-axe-movie/
What about Karen Gillian for Tyris Flare?

I know her as Amy Pond from Doctor Who and Ruby Roundhouse from Jumanji 2. Both roles being firey and confident characters.
I think she would be good for the role of Tyris Flare. Sega/Paramount should scope her quick before Hollywood casts her for Red Sonja or something.

Offline Berto

« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2023, 10:05:43 pm »
Hell yeah! What Barbarian movies would you recommend? So far I've seen The Barbarians, Deathstalker I and II and all Conan movies. I even seen a few Sword and Sorcery movies but none in compare to Conan. It seems rather slim pickings.

What about Beastmaster movie series? Still nothing compared to Conan but they're still passable.

What about Karen Gillian for Tyris Flare?

I know her as Amy Pond from Doctor Who and Ruby Roundhouse from Jumanji 2. Both roles being firey and confident characters.
I think she would be good for the role of Tyris Flare. Sega/Paramount should scope her quick before Hollywood casts her for Red Sonja or something.

I'm surprised you don't GoTG since she's now more known as NEBULA as due to how popular the GoTG trilogy and the last two Avengers movies.
But yeah, she doesn't showher fabulous hair in those movies.

She's good. I'll support her for the role if that's happened.