Author Topic: Amusements For All !!! - JOYPOLIS, SEGA Amusement, Arcade Centers, etc Thread  (Read 49662 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Pac-Man will Also Show Up in 404 GAME RE:SET

In SEGA's new title "404 GAME RE:SET Error Game Reset" scheduled to be released in April,
"Pac-Man" has decided to participate.
Looking forward to seeing how Pac-Man will be drawn as an arcade girl.

Source : https://twitter.com/BNEI_PACMAN_JP/status/1641338210340196358

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
I guess I got to thank my government for banning any form of gambling machines in my country so our arcade centers only have video games and crane games.
You're lucky. Here's the facebook page of a local arcade nearby.
https://www.facebook.com/LoveTywyn/posts/the-buccaneer-arcade-marine-paradell36-0dg-tywyn01654-710702httpswwwfacebookcomt/1801528789992968/
Notice the photos in the gallery mostly consist of gambling machines, then you got carnival games and if I recall it had arcade games for Bumblebee and Batman and that's about it.
This is why I go on about playing Sega arcade games at home. Because I live out in the sticks and I have to spend quite a bit of money if I want a day trip somewhere with a proper arcade. Just because Britain is a small country doesn't mean London is a hop, skip and jump where I live.

Offline Berto

You're lucky. Here's the facebook page of a local arcade nearby.
https://www.facebook.com/LoveTywyn/posts/the-buccaneer-arcade-marine-paradell36-0dg-tywyn01654-710702httpswwwfacebookcomt/1801528789992968/
Notice the photos in the gallery mostly consist of gambling machines, then you got carnival games and if I recall it had arcade games for Bumblebee and Batman and that's about it.
This is why I go on about playing Sega arcade games at home. Because I live out in the sticks and I have to spend quite a bit of money if I want a day trip somewhere with a proper arcade. Just because Britain is a small country doesn't mean London is a hop, skip and jump where I live.

Okay, that doesn't look interesting at all ...at least for me.
I doubt I'd play anything if I went there.
Could they at least have one multiplayer VS Fighting game like Street Fighter, Tekken, or Virtua Fighter?
And one gun multiplayer game like Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Jurassic Park, or Transformer? Even Rabbids Hollywood will do.

Offline Berto

The arcade cabinet of the hit arcade game "King of Beetles, Mushiking" has been turned into a 1/12 scale figure!

From SO-TA (@SOTA170317), all 4 types of capsule toys (500 yen each) will be released in July!
Click link below for details on the limited box version that comes with a mini card!

Link : https://so-taofficialstore.com

Offline Mystic Monkey

Okay, that doesn't look interesting at all ...at least for me.
I doubt I'd play anything if I went there.
Could they at least have one multiplayer VS Fighting game like Street Fighter, Tekken, or Virtua Fighter?
And one gun multiplayer game like Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Jurassic Park, or Transformer? Even Rabbids Hollywood will do.

None of the like. Not even old arcade classics like Dead or Alive or Virtua Cop.
An arcade machine like that Raving Rabbids would take up too much room for gambling machines!

Given we live in a quiet coastal town, I believe the reasons why it's mostly gambling machines is because hardly any customers, so gambling machines net more money that way. But I've been to arcade with big tourist boom and it's still mostly gambling machines.

Offline Berto

None of the like. Not even old arcade classics like Dead or Alive or Virtua Cop.
An arcade machine like that Raving Rabbids would take up too much room for gambling machines!

Given we live in a quiet coastal town, I believe the reasons why it's mostly gambling machines is because hardly any customers, so gambling machines net more money that way. But I've been to arcade with big tourist boom and it's still mostly gambling machines.

Yeah, I don't doubt gambling is more profitable than video games.
Especially after a certain gambling machine makers company could save a beloved video game company back in 2004.

Offline Berto

Sega Amusements International celebrates 40th anniversary

The company was founded on March 31 1983, with the suffix “Europe” being added to the name in the 1990s.
By 2015, the company was using its current name to reflect its increasing global reach in the amusement market.
CEO Paul Williams said: “We would like to express our deepest gratitude to our customers, partners, and suppliers worldwide for your continued support and loyalty over the past 40 years.
We recognise that without your trust and confidence in our products and services, we would not be where we are today.
I want to extend a special thank you to ..."

Article : https://www.intergameonline.com/coin-op/news/sega-amusements-international-celebrates-40th-anniversary

Offline Mystic Monkey

Yeah, I don't doubt gambling is more profitable than video games.
Especially after a certain gambling machine makers company could save a beloved video game company back in 2004.
But you can see why I go on about wanting arcade games for PC. It would cost me more money and time to arrange a day trip to an arcade that actually has arcade games than it would to just go down to my local arcade to play a gambling machine.

Offline Berto

But you can see why I go on about wanting arcade games for PC. It would cost me more money and time to arrange a day trip to an arcade that actually has arcade games than it would to just go down to my local arcade to play a gambling machine.

I see. But are there really SEGA's new arcade games do you want to play on your PC?
New games (not more than five years), not old games since most of the old games are playable on emulator anyway.

Offline Berto

The Racing Game That Changed Everything Was Built on Lockheed Martin Technology

The agreement Sega entered into with GE in September of 1992 couldn’t have been more obvious for the Japanese video game giant. Sega needed the hardware to accelerate its development of 3D arcade titles. Getting there alone would take too long, and GE had the tech.
For GE, however, deals like this presented a possible lifeline. The late 1980s had not been kind to the military-industrial complex, which had to contend with both a lack of conflict and a sweeping overhaul of the Department of Defense’s procurement process, ostensibly designed to increase competition and stamp out fraud.
It was the job of people like Bob Hichborn to find new clients for GE’s graphics products, which began with the Visual Docking Simulator built for NASA’s Apollo space program.

Article : https://jalopnik.com/daytona-usa-lockheed-martin-military-sim-defense-tech-1850248936

Offline Mystic Monkey

I see. But are there really SEGA's new arcade games do you want to play on your PC?
New games (not more than five years), not old games since most of the old games are playable on emulator anyway.
So far, Scarlet Dawn is on the top of my list. Don't get me wrong the cubical cabinet looks absolutely sick but I think the practical thing is if UK has any of these machines they're just too far away for me to play.

Offline Berto

So far, Scarlet Dawn is on the top of my list. Don't get me wrong the cubical cabinet looks absolutely sick but I think the practical thing is if UK has any of these machines they're just too far away for me to play.

If it's Scarlet Dawn, then there is still hope then even if it will take "forever".
Since SEGA weren't interested anymore in making home version of THotD themself, at least Forever Entertainment could fill the gap.
They're finished with remake of the first and developing the second one.
After that may be they could move into remaking III, IV, and then finally Scarlet Dawn.

Offline Mystic Monkey

If it's Scarlet Dawn, then there is still hope then even if it will take "forever".
Since SEGA weren't interested anymore in making home version of THotD themself, at least Forever Entertainment could fill the gap.
They're finished with remake of the first and developing the second one.
After that may be they could move into remaking III, IV, and then finally Scarlet Dawn.

Yeah, but it would take forever. And would importing Scarlet Dawn to PC really would kill Sega over it?

Offline Berto

Yeah, but it would take forever. And would importing Scarlet Dawn to PC really would kill Sega over it?

It's about priority.
Of course it would be different if THotD won the poll result back then, but sadly it's not.

Offline Mystic Monkey

It's about priority.
Of course it would be different if THotD won the poll result back then, but sadly it's not.
That's a shame. But as I said in my other thread, it's as if Sega just don't care for THotD as much as it's fans do and that if they want a "proper" horror franchise they're better off with a Rise of Nightmare remake or an Alien Syndrome/Storm reboot or something of the likes.