Author Topic: Sega Series - Hurt and Healed  (Read 7806 times)

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
Re: Sega Series - Hurt and Healed
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 06:50:11 pm »
The creator of NEO and EXA didnt even know what the Force in shining force meant and took it to be some kind of magic power star wars force.

The Producer of NEO, EXA, FEATHER, as well SANDS of/WORLD DESTRUCTION, Yoichi Shimosato worked on SHINING FORCE 3:SCENARIO 3 as a support, but unfortunately when he had to decide the genre of NEO, opted for an ARPG although initially the idea was a SRPG.
Shimosato explained this saying that an ARPG would sell more :cry:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:17:06 pm by Deefy »
SEGA STYLE

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 10:49:53 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Stop flame baiting please.
You say that without realizing that I'm being serious, here. :P I want to check out these PS2 "Shining" games now. The game reviews that I see don't make them out to be "bad" games, per se, and some of the character designs (Firklin <3) have me intrigued enough to wanna play 'em. ^__^

So yeah. Go Firklin!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 11:10:11 pm »
So basically, instead of being better, the Shing series should just appeal to fur fruits? :roll:
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 11:11:17 pm »
Quote from: "Shigs"
So basically, instead of being better, the Shing series should just appeal to fur fruits? :roll:
I gotta say, I'd be perfectly fine with that. :3

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 05:37:44 am »
Quote from: "F-D_M"
The Producer of NEO, EXA, FEATHER, CROSS, as well SANDS of/WORLD DESTRUCTION, Yoichi Shimosato worked on SHINING FORCE 3:SCENARIO 3 as a support, but unfortunately when he had to decide the genre of NEO, opted for an ARPG although initially the idea was a SRPG.
Shimosato explained this saying that an ARPG would sell more :cry:

none of that explains how he didnt even understand what the word force meant.

What the Force in Shining Force means: a group of people united together towards a common goal

What they thought it meant: A magic power.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 10:06:44 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
^ how does that save the franchise? Quite clearly it appeals to your own personal taste of leggy boys dressed as furries, but it has absolutely nothing that saves the Shining Force franchise.
Because he turns Shining Force EXA a MUST-PLAY experience! ^___^

Seriously, I'm being drawn into the series now. :3

Stop flame baiting please.

Please just ban him already and put us out of our misery.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 04:47:40 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Quote from: "Sieghardt"
They should certainly limit the Shining FORCE series to srpgs. The creator of NEO and EXA didnt even know what the Force in shining force meant and took it to be some kind of magic power star wars force.

It's true the current producer/director knows very little but it's highly unlikely we will ever see another Shining Force game or SRPG in the series, considering how dismal Feather's sales were.

The fact that the ARPG all vastly out do the SRPG in the series for a while now and that the old look Shining games do not unfortunately appeal to the audience in Japan, the current sorry state of the Shining series is most likely to exist for many years to come.

That's down to the format. Nintendo users don't go for that many RPGs outside nintendo especially on NDS or whatever its called now. It could have had a better survival rate on the PSP since the neo SHINING series seems to be asscociated with the sony brand.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 09:14:18 am »
I seem to recall a Phantasy Star performing fairly well on the Gamecube and DS. I'll grant you, not as well as PS Portable, but still respectably.

Also, the Nintendo base seems to enjoy the Tales of... series.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 02:45:34 pm »
Quote from: "jonboy101"
I seem to recall a Phantasy Star performing fairly well on the Gamecube and DS. I'll grant you, not as well as PS Portable, but still respectably.

Also, the Nintendo base seems to enjoy the Tales of... series.

That's why i said this...

That's down to the format. Nintendo users don't go for that many RPGs outside nintendo especially on NDS or whatever its called now. It could have had a better survival rate on the PSP since the neo SHINING series seems to be asscociated with the sony brand.

Besides Sega's tried to launch a couple of new RPG's on the NDS format without any real success. The only ones besides the one you mention are part of a bigger franchise like DOREAMON and MUSHI KING. The PSP due to the lack of competition should have been a better priority for some of those new titles but that market has grown since then.