Author Topic: Vanquish official thread!  (Read 77827 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Vanquish official thread!
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2010, 01:41:44 am »
^Are you talking about the boss 'Unknown'? In that case then yes he was fucking outstanding!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2010, 05:39:11 am »
Unknown and Crystal Viper are the most awesome normal enemies in the game. Hard as fuck though.

The zero-g fight with unknown was probably the hardest part of hard mode for me.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2010, 11:33:37 am »
Wow... The game ends so abruptly. The ending is all over the place too.

It is obvious they set it up for a sequel. If Vanquish 2 is PlatinumGames' next game I swear I will be really annoyed... Bayonetta 2 is obviously the next game they need to make, not only is it the first their best selling out of all of these but generally it could be seen as an iconic franchise I think. They really need to establish a sequel soon or else they will mess everything up! DO NOT MESS UP! /weirdrant

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2010, 12:57:03 pm »
Charged melee attack?

Anyone using it?

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2010, 06:33:19 pm »
Man, I can't help but be a little dissapointed over Vanquish, not for the actual game, but having played it for a few times, I tought to myself that this just isn't for me.

Too fast, too frenetic and those cheap one hit kills are ruininng my overall experience with the game.

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2010, 09:43:01 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
Man, I can't help but be a little dissapointed over Vanquish, not for the actual game, but having played it for a few times, I tought to myself that this just isn't for me.

Too fast, too frenetic and those cheap one hit kills are ruininng my overall experience with the game.

Check out this wicked video for some inspiration.

[youtube:2bi494cv]URclwKnmvm8[/youtube:2bi494cv]

No such thing as too fast and frenetic.  8-)

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline max_cady

« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2010, 08:59:22 am »
Yeah, a few minutes after I wrote this last night, I decided to give another stab at the game. And it was totally worth it!

I beat that huge Magna Core boss in the first 20 minutes and kept going.

I was thinking classic third person shooter during this game and I wasn't quite playing the way the game was designed for.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2010, 01:40:42 am »
Yeah, a few minutes after I wrote this last night, I decided to give another stab at the game. And it was totally worth it!

I beat that huge Magna Core boss in the first 20 minutes and kept going.

I was thinking classic third person shooter during this game and I wasn't quite playing the way the game was designed for.

Yeah, I am kind of the same way. The game just overall came out really strange and does not really tell you how to play it properly, so it is easy to misunderstand. When things get going it is pretty good fun. Whoever made Challenge mode 6 needs to be stabbed, though.

I still have the same overall feelings but I do actually enjoy the games sometimes. There is a lot that could be improved here in a sequel, but I do not want them to do that. It better be Bayonetta 2...

The lack of extras is so bizarre. If anything Bayonetta had too much content, there was stuff to unlock for weeks! This literally has nothing besides another difficulty setting. Bleh.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2010, 07:11:19 pm »
I can finally say that I've totally gotten into the spirit of Vanquish!

The cheap one hit kills are still annoying(that Unknown boss was creepy as heck), but man, once you start mastering the game, you feel like nothing can stop you!

To be honest, the only other other major Third Person Shooters I played recentely were Stranglehold,(also The Club and Alpha Protocol) a bit of Gears of War. But this, oh, man, it ruckings focks, so to speak.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2010, 07:48:38 pm »
I have a good two days alone after christmas (the woman has to work) so I'll def be playing Vanquish like a mofo. Nude.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2010, 07:55:07 pm »
I can finally say that I've totally gotten into the spirit of Vanquish!

The cheap one hit kills are still annoying(that Unknown boss was creepy as heck), but man, once you start mastering the game, you feel like nothing can stop you!

To be honest, the only other other major Third Person Shooters I played recentely were Stranglehold,(also The Club and Alpha Protocol) a bit of Gears of War. But this, oh, man, it ruckings focks, so to speak.
Rucking focks is the word, oh yeah :afroman:

Offline max_cady

« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2010, 07:10:53 pm »
Well, as I am writing this I just finished Vanquish.

Not that I enjoyed the whole game, but the last 30 minutes felt a little strange for me.
[spoiler:1wu9zy64]I was shooting robots left and right, only for the last minutes to start shooting marines and Burns!?

And the ending isn't exactly something I'd expect from such an epic. It just ends. Zaitev, who've I've wanted to put a bullet between his eyes since the start of the game just ups and gets away, as if he was always in control.

And in the end the President just shoots herself...  :|[/spoiler:1wu9zy64]

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2010, 02:35:58 am »
Well, as I am writing this I just finished Vanquish.

Not that I enjoyed the whole game, but the last 30 minutes felt a little strange for me.
[spoiler:2nf1ydes]I was shooting robots left and right, only for the last minutes to start shooting marines and Burns!?

And the ending isn't exactly something I'd expect from such an epic. It just ends. Zaitev, who've I've wanted to put a bullet between his eyes since the start of the game just ups and gets away, as if he was always in control.

And in the end the President just shoots herself...  :|[/spoiler:2nf1ydes]

Yeah, the story sucked basically.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2010, 12:12:43 pm »
It's a bit unpleasant to be having so much fun and then get slapped in the face at the end of the game. :|

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2010, 03:05:59 pm »
I'm gonna guess it might be Mikami's way of poo pooing on other TPS's emphasis on story and cinematics.

The whole game has a kind old school style and feel and having a lack luster ending is a very old school way to conclude the game.

Think of his other games...when has Mikami really delivered a great story?  He's really an action man and not a story man.