Author Topic: Shining Series  (Read 77034 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Shining Series
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 12:30:13 pm »
Shut up Sharky! We are fighting Sawada right now :evil:

I have asked people, and yes, from some form, he can stop the Shining Force SOS Campaign. I got pissed off like some others... but since people at 2chan is tired about talking Shining, they turned into Sawada's allies >___<  Too bad!

Sadly, we can't prove surely it was Sawada posting there, but we know that those posts was made by Sawada himself and his Shining team. We know that because he has posting on 2ch some time back. And his twitter always was updated almost synchronized with things we were talking over the Sega thread at 2ch.

I have to go now, but I'll be back to this thread tomorrow ;) We are confusing now about Sawada's latest revelations. Should him erase the original series or continue it with Camelot? The only thing to do now is wait for the March, 29...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Moogie

• Total Meseta: 0
    • http://www.shiningforcecentral.com
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 12:39:21 pm »
Short of him hiring a hit man to assasinate me before I post the campaign pack to Camelot, or him bribing Japanese customs officials to destroy the SOS package (which will be sent by insured, registered mail), there is absolutely nothing he can do to stop the campaign getting to Camelot. He is obviously deluding himself if he thinks he is in any position to stop someone from sending some post. Baka desu ne!

Offline STORM!

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 12:47:12 pm »
Now, we think he was just trolling EMI.

Emi is the name of the "only one" person who is trolling Sega since the launch of the SHining Project, back on the GBA era.

People believed that EMI was TAMAKI YOSHITAKA, the original designer of the series. A LOT of Shining related sites was closed due to the Emi's moves to stop the new Shining Series. Emi still alive, and I believe he/she was the one who sent email for you. Sawada told him about this 200k people to bring back the original series.

Whatever, the new Shining is rumored to appear on the 3DS or Sony's PS3.

Curiosity: Sawada bought a PS3 in January to study it. He also liked it. That's all.

Offline Grenade

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 05:36:52 pm »
Quote from: "STORM!"
Now, we think he was just trolling EMI.
 Whatever, the new Shining is rumored to appear on the 3DS or Sony's PS3.

Curiosity: Sawada bought a PS3 in January to study it. He also liked it. That's all.

Oh god you have no idea how much I hope it appears on the PS3.
I'm almost drooling at the thought.

Offline Skateboard

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »
Agreed. I would absolutely prefer a PS3 game.

In terms of the rumours... I like that you want to fight for our beloved series, but I would recommend to remain calm and don’t waste energy on contradictory rumours. Instead we should focus on the remaining days of the campaign and the “message of love” for Camelot.

BTW, thank you STORM! for bringing and summarizing the current news and rumours in Japan. I really feel connected and up-to-date because of you.

Offline Grenade

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 06:33:22 pm »
Agreed, thank you Storm!

Could you possibly give us the source of these interesting rumors for future reference?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »
So, are you just sending this campaign thing to Camelot? Because while I'm sure you want them to know that you loved their Shining games I don't think that will get any results.

Surely sending your love for Camelot Shining games to Sega would be a better idea or at least a copy of it.
Made by SEGA

Offline Moogie

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2011, 06:16:35 am »
Sega will be receiving copies of the letters while Camelot will be receiving the originals + gifts :) Half the point of the campaign is to thank Camelot for the games - so it makes sense that they should receive the best stuff ;)

At the end of the day, Sega can't/won't listen to fans for legal reasons, so the hope is that if Camelot approached them as a developer they may stand more chance of being heard than we would.

Offline Moogie

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 06:03:54 am »
The campaign pack got sent off yesterday:
http://sos.shiningforcecentral.com/2011/03/22/the-campaign-has-been-sent/

...and I was pleasantly surprised not to find Sawada's goon squad waiting there to try to stop me ;) *lol*

In interesting news, however, Sawada has officially blocked @ShiningForceSOS from following him on twitter, which in my eyes adds credence to the recent rumours. It means he really does have a problem with the campaign, and if that's true then some of the other stuff he's said could well be true.

-----
Edit: 23rd March 11am
And as if by magic, Sawada has unblocked @ShiningForceSOS, and the @ShiningHeartsPR twitter account is now following us!

Offline Moogie

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 05:30:11 pm »
An update for anyone who's interested - the SF:SOS Package has arrived with the delivery company in Tokyo, so should be reaching Camelot on Monday or Tuesday!

Anyone wanting to support the campaign still has a couple of days in which to send in their YouTube videos. It only need take you a few minutes to make one with the simple message, "Hi Camelot, I'm [name], I'm [age], from [country] and I love Shining Force!".

Offline STORM!

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2011, 10:01:57 am »
So, the day 29 has gone and nothing happened.

Rumors says that Sega has canceled the new Shining with Camelot due to the disasters ocurred this month here.

Officially, Sega said on twitter that they don't have any plans to commemorate the Shining 20th Anniversary beside the newest password to be used in Shining Hearts. With this password you got some pans, with the most famous word from the series (by Yogurt!)wrote on it.

Sadly, this is the only thing Sega is doing to commemorate the series 20th anniversary...

Offline Moogie

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2011, 03:00:59 am »
While that would be very disappointing indeed, it is totally understanderble under the circumstances. However, I would hope it is more of a delay rather than a cancellation!

Offline Skateboard

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 01:36:48 pm »
I also hope it’s just a delay. Since there was no real official celebration and considering how much SEGA donated for the victims a cancellation of the rumoured 20th anniversary title is of course possible. Maybe they didn’t want to celebrate because of the current disaster? It would be totally comprehensible. Well, let’s hope for the best and await further news.

Offline STORM!

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 12:05:07 pm »
 Sega and Camelot has received your post Moogie.

The annonymous guy (obviously producer Sawada... or not) said "Moogie has entered the worldwide blacklist of Sega", SOA does not wants to put any efforts on the Shining series and everything we done was inutile.

I don't know... I feel that he is lying again. From past rumors, looks like Shimosato (the boss at SEGA CS3) is really wanting to make a new Shining with Camelot.

Although, Camelot has posted nothing about the 20th anniversary of the series on their site...

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 12:40:00 pm »
The annonymous guy (obviously producer Sawada... or not) said "Moogie has entered the worldwide blacklist of Sega", SOA does not wants to put any efforts on the Shining series and everything we done was inutile.

I have no idea why anyone would believe that an annoymous guy on 2Chan, site known for people trolling and talking crap would be Sawada or anyone from Sega at all.

Sega does not have a 'world wide black list' and I highly doubt they would put any fans on it if they did.

This whole think reeks of BS...
Made by SEGA