Author Topic: Shining Series  (Read 80502 times)

Offline Moogie

• Total Meseta: 0
    • http://www.shiningforcecentral.com
Re: Shining Series
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, 01:11:08 pm »
Hmm, I've not seen the one talking about me. I've seen a post on 2chan where "Sawada" (since we still don't know for sure it's him - although the fact that he blocked me on twitter for a while might suggest that it is) said something about messages from foreign fans being thrown away.

It would surprise me if I'm on any kind of blacklist as all I've done is show the love :) Sega Japan have in the past been full of praise for my work on Shining Force Central - I have a letter from them about it from years ago.

Well, whatever. I don't really care what Sawada thinks. I was just glad that the package reached Camelot safely. I hope the gifts gave the Takahashis a smile :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:20:24 am by Moogie »

Offline Moogie

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 01:28:31 pm »
Edit: forget it ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:33:55 am by Moogie »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, 01:45:27 pm »
I have always strongly disliked what they have done to the series since the PlayStation 2 games, but if that really is truly him... What a terrible person.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, 07:36:47 pm »
I dont like what the guy has done with the series either but I'm quite possitive that a Sega employee wouldn't be surfing 2Chan let alone being rude to potential fans.

I don't know why anyone would believe that someone on 2Chan of all places is who they say they are... Or pretend to be.
Made by SEGA

Offline Moogie

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2011, 02:06:17 am »
I'm pretty sure it's not him, but I don't know why this guy is saying such horrible things. I guess that's the nature of trolls.

He's now going on about getting Shining Force Central shut down and that Sega's legal dept. is on the case, as well as throwing insults at me. What a load of rubbish.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2011, 10:36:36 am »
Moogie, how are you following that thread on 2ch? Please, do not post there! Also, don't listen everything "Emi" says. He or she is a bit dumb... most of the time doing things wrong, making Sawada more upset about all these talk about the original series.

Personally, I'm pretty sure its Sawada posting on 2ch. And Sharky is wrong; Japanese developers from all companies are always watching and posting on 2ch. They can't stay away from there, since its the largest Japanese games forum EVER! Even Nintendo developers posts there.

The guy at the Sega thread started talking about the package from Moogie; how do you explain that? Of course is someone inside Sega. I've heard about Sawada's Shining Team developers posting on the thread, since they were upset about the foreign people disliking their new brand Shining games. LOL!!!

He also said that Sega's president (Usui Okitane) was upset too because Shining Force SOS Campaign was making things hard for the newest Shining series games. I LOL at this too XDD
 The 180k people who bought Shining Hearts are not that satisfied with the final product. LOLOLOLOL! Sawada himself is commiting suicide(lol)! XDDD

If Sega liked your site as you told, I think he is lying completely then. Nothing to worry about. Im also cant see Sega destroying a fan site, especially the only one (and maybe the largest) for the Shining series.

Last, I pissed off Sawada saying he cant make a game to sell worldwide, and can only sell it to otakus in Japan. HAHAHA! I've got him on the stomach XD

Offline Moogie

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2011, 11:27:43 am »
Well, we didn't send a 'package' to Sega, only a letter and CD, so I wonder if this person is for real. Besides, the campaign website & forum clearly says about the packages/letters which were sent. It's not secret info, and even the contents of the letter were posted at SFC.

I don't see how the SOS campaign is making anything hard for anyone, or why they even care what we 'stupid foreigners' think when they develop games for Japan.

Luckily, I can't post on 2ch as I'm not in Japan ;) I'm just keeping an eye on the thread and trying to translate through Google/Babelfish - so what I'm reading may not be exactly what is being said.

Gotta go for now, busy evening ahead!

Thanks for all the info :)

Offline STORM!

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:57 am »
 Thanks you too Moogie. You are now very popular at 2ch. LOL!

And now, they have investigated me, and some retard has found my oldest posts on 2ch when I have used my original nick... (-_-;

What a waste of time. Really!

They are probably looking Segabits forum too. Very funny XD

George or Sharky, can you tell us if Segabits is receiving visits from Japan apart of me? Im really interested on this bit of information  8-)

Offline Sharky

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2011, 12:59:39 pm »
I'll find out for you soon.

I think we do get views from Japan beside you, Upsidedown Fuji is in Japan too but I'll find out if there is a spike.
Made by SEGA

Offline Moogie

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 10:11:52 am »
Quote from: "Moogie"
Quote from: "STORM!"
There are bad things happening with the Shining series right now.

Rumors: Sawada is now the leader of the series after the (sales) success of Shining Hearts.

He is prepairing a "celebration" for the Shining series 20th Anniversary. Things he would do on March, 29:

- erase all the pages about the original series at the Shining World Portal Site, along with a renewal of the page;

- cut Camelot from Shining forever;

- cut Shining Force SOS Campaign;

- cut the rest of the Japanese fans of the original series.

The rumors also says that Sawada would allow Camelot to celebrate the 20th of the Shining series if they want it. Same for Climax...

Sawada Tsuyoshi is laughing about the futile and smallest number of fans of the original series around the world, showing the number of people who is following that campaign on twitter to save the series. Someone asked about the original series games on the Virtual Console, he said he will not take it off, because its just like people "visiting the museum"...

If this Sawada chap wants to make comments about the SOS Campaign he can bloody well do it to me in person, and should probably read the Campaign site too as he has totally misunderstood the point and nature of it. I don't know why he thinks that the twitter account is the actual campaign.

I don't see how he can "cut Shining Force SOS Campaign" - how exactly is he going to stop us from sending our gifts and thanks to Camelot for their work on the original series? And exactly what does it have to do with him if we're celebrating Camelot's involvement with the original games?

What a total, utter wanker. Sorry. If I was in Japan I'd go and poo on his pillow.

Rant over ;) Obviously not directed at you, Storm.

Anyway, am also interested to hear where these extra Shining game titles have sprung up from?

Will have to make a backup of the Shining World portal in case this idiot goes ahead and erases the content relating to the games which made the series great in the first place.

This message is being quoted by Japanese people on 2ch and I would like to take moment to point out to them that it was in response to rumours of nasty things Sawada had said which may or may not have been true. If Sawada really said such things about the SOS Campaign and the series then I stand by my words. If it was just a 2ch troll, then of course the words were directed at that person and not Sawada and he has no reason at all to take offense. Everything must be taken in context people, remember that. Don't just quote bits of what I say and try to use them against me out of context.

Given that none of the rumoured things actually happened, it would of course seem that these were not said by Sawada and this would in turn mean that my response is as null and void as the rumours.

I guess I should be flattered that folks on 2ch can't stop talking about this little lady from England ;) lol.

Offline STORM!

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2011, 09:47:12 am »
 They are watching this thread, and quoting everything I said here at 2ch.

They are thinking Moogie is me. XD

Well, let's forget this topic for now. I'm leaving.

Offline Moogie

« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2011, 09:51:58 am »
Indeed, I'm getting bored of their childish behaviour too. They can think what they like, but they have totally misunderstood. I keep hoping that eventually I will Google Translate a post from 2ch which actually makes sense and sets things straight!

I don't know why they think you are me... I can't speak Japanese, nor can I post on 2ch because of the country lock-out! Strange that they look at this topic, but think you are me.

Kinda wishing I never found this topic in the first place now ;) This is what I get for listening to & responding to rumours.

Offline STORM!

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2011, 10:06:07 am »
Noooo! Think positively!

Now we are famous in Japan!! XDDD :afroman:

Offline Moogie

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2011, 10:07:53 am »
I'd rather be completely unknown than be famous and constantly ripped into! Oh well, I guess any publicity is good publicity... maybe this will turn out to be some kind of blessing in disguise!

Offline Sharky

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2011, 02:43:57 pm »
Why would they be ripping into you Moogie? Shining Force Central is an awesome fansite that has stood the test of time; the whole fan package idea is brilliant too.

Surely they aren't fans of the terrible new direction the Shining series has taken?

For me, the best think about Shining Force (besides the SRPG game play) was that it pretty much blatantly ripped off the great fantasy books like Lord of the Rings or like The Chronicles of Narnia etc. It was very much Tolken inspired fantasy without being so dull and 'manly' as rubbish like Dragon Age. It was like a Japanese take on the Tolken style, the RIGHT kind of Japanese take.

Now it has turned into something so mediocre, so generic in style with such a terrible plots and script it could be any one of hundreds of cheap Japanese animations, with every god awful anime cliché you could imagine piled in.

To be fair if you are uncool amongst those kinds of people, shit, I’d consider it a blessing.
That Otaku, Weeaboo nonsense has flooded the Japanese videogame and animation industry with mediocre rubbish and it is a shame Shining Force has been caught up in that piss.
Made by SEGA