Author Topic: Shining Series  (Read 77137 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Shining Series
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 12:30:07 pm »
I would not listen to that Valkyria Chronicles rumour just yet, it would seem rather strange that SEGA would act like that with Valkyria Chronicles 3 yet not act like that with Shining Hearts sales, so far Valkyria Chronicles 3 is outselling it on a week by week basis. Add to that you have Western sales possibility with Valkyria Chronicles 3 (And the previously did good for a PSP title) I don't think I am willing to trust that rumour at all.

But SEGA has done crazier things.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Truesonic

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Live Sega Game Stream
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 03:11:31 pm »
I'm telling you right now if the Shining series goes down the route it has been these recent years I might just disown it and pretend it doesn't exist anymore. While I have not played the newer Shining Tears, EXA, and Neo I still think it's sad to see how much the series has changed from the originals.

Gone are the fantasy worlds that captivated many with its creative visuals, stories and characters. Now what we have are generic (erotic) anime characters with cliche stories of amnesia and love triangles pulling swords and rings out of peoples hearts.

The Shining series deserves so much better than this, especially for its 20th anniversary. I would much rather see the series go out with poor sales with Camelot then live on with the its new direction.
SEGA Madness Stream: Join us for happy time! - http://www.twitch.tv/wolfpackcomms

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 08:50:23 am »
Yeah if camelot is removed completly then that would be it. can't see it happening though...

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 09:14:03 am »
I really don't like the sound of that. Sounds kinda dirty

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 10:29:48 am »
 OH! HOLY SHIT!

I got a new HOT rumor about the 20th Shining series Anniversary.

Seems that Sawada was lying to the people about Camelot, just to piss off some old fans who dislike his Shining games.

The Shining World Portal site renewal is now official, and the date is really the rumored date: March, 29, 2011.

Buuut... a new Shining game will be revealed with the renewal, and...looks like it's a new Shining made by... CAMELOT!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Again, it is just a rumor. Nothing official yet. The info I got says that Sawada contacted Camelot and they are now developing [SHINING FORCE 4].

You guys should know, Shimosato worked on Shining Force 3, and now Shimosato is the head at SEGA CS#3. You should also remember that both Shimosato and Sawada asked Camelot to work with them when Sega had decided to ressurrect the series back on the GBA era. Camelot refused completely.

Man, I'm just really excited now and about to cry if it came real  :cry:

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 10:42:13 am »
I'll believe it when I see it.

But that would be very nice... I wont be getting my hopes up.
Made by SEGA

Offline Skateboard

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 02:30:24 pm »
Wow, lots of rumours lately.  :shock: I really wonder where you guys pick those things up.
Ok, so the VC rumour has to stay a rumour, because the series is just too amazing to get closed down.  :mrgreen:

Furthermore, had I but known that Camelot will work on SF4, I would have spared myself the cost for this classical Austrian music CD and a special dairy free organic chocolate I’m going to send them via my SOS Campaign letter. ;) Just kidding. They will get those things anyway as it’s the least I can do to say thanks and motivate them to “shine on”. :P

Camelot just has to do SF4 now.  8-)

Offline STORM!

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2011, 07:18:32 am »
 Shining Force 4 / 3DS/ Sega CS#3 + Camelot. Release date: 2012?

Producer: Sawada Tsuyoshi
 Character Illustration: Tamaki Yoshitaka
 Composer: Motoi Sakuraba??

Want to believe... ;___;

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2011, 07:48:04 am »
wow if true! :O

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 07:59:39 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"

Want to believe... ;___;

Are these details wishful thinking or based on rumors?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 08:21:51 am »
Quote from: "Pao"

Want to believe... ;___;

Wishful thinking.
Made by SEGA

Offline STORM!

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2011, 08:32:29 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "Pao"

Want to believe... ;___;

Wishful thinking.

Based on leaked rumors.

Shining Portal site renewal was just a rumor alongside with the others leaked infos, and now it was confirmed by Sawada himself that the site will be really relaunched this month, day 29 on his twitter account.

Offline Moogie

• http://www.shiningforcecentral.com
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 10:46:35 am »
There are bad things happening with the Shining series right now.

Rumors: Sawada is now the leader of the series after the (sales) success of Shining Hearts.

He is prepairing a "celebration" for the Shining series 20th Anniversary. Things he would do on March, 29:

- erase all the pages about the original series at the Shining World Portal Site, along with a renewal of the page;

- cut Camelot from Shining forever;

- cut Shining Force SOS Campaign;

- cut the rest of the Japanese fans of the original series.

The rumors also says that Sawada would allow Camelot to celebrate the 20th of the Shining series if they want it. Same for Climax...

Sawada Tsuyoshi is laughing about the futile and smallest number of fans of the original series around the world, showing the number of people who is following that campaign on twitter to save the series. Someone asked about the original series games on the Virtual Console, he said he will not take it off, because its just like people "visiting the museum"...

If this Sawada chap wants to make comments about the SOS Campaign he can bloody well do it to me in person, and should probably read the Campaign site too as he has totally misunderstood the point and nature of it. I don't know why he thinks that the twitter account is the actual campaign.

I don't see how he can "cut Shining Force SOS Campaign" - how exactly is he going to stop us from sending our gifts and thanks to Camelot for their work on the original series? And exactly what does it have to do with him if we're celebrating Camelot's involvement with the original games?

What a total, utter wanker. Sorry. If I was in Japan I'd go and poo on his pillow.

Rant over ;) Obviously not directed at you, Storm.

Anyway, am also interested to hear where these extra Shining game titles have sprung up from?

Will have to make a backup of the Shining World portal in case this idiot goes ahead and erases the content relating to the games which made the series great in the first place.

Message to users on 2ch (10/04/11):
This message is being quoted by Japanese people on 2ch and I would like to take moment to point out to them that it was in response to rumours of nasty things Sawada had said which may or may not have been true. If Sawada really said such things about the SOS Campaign and the series then I stand by my words. If it was just a 2ch troll, then of course the words were directed at that person and not Sawada and he has no reason at all to take offense. Everything must be taken in context people, remember that. Don't just quote bits of what I say and try to use them against me out of context.

Given that none of the rumoured things actually happened, it would of course seem that these were not said by Sawada and this would in turn mean that my response is as null and void as the rumours. Stop blowing everything out of proportion and making trouble where there should be none.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:38:58 am by Moogie »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 11:00:23 am »
Moogie, I would take Storms rumours with more then a pinch of salt... Most of them come from 2Chan...

Baka Storm!
Made by SEGA

Offline Moogie

• http://www.shiningforcecentral.com
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 11:11:51 am »
I don't tend to use much salt, but in this case I shall make an exception ;)
That said, I did get an email from a Japanese fan linking me to a post supposedly from a Sega employee saying the SF:SOS twitter account needs 20 million followers if the series is to go back to its roots.

Needless to say I ignored it.