Author Topic: Welcome to SEGAbits Model 4.99  (Read 10721 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Welcome to SEGAbits Model 4.99
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:03:00 pm »
As you may have noticed, our Green Hill Zone background is gone.

Pour one out for Green Hill Zone.

The grid is our new background, all hail the grid! Inspired by the grid from the Master System days, it's really a small aesthetic part of our upcoming redesign. Will is hard at work on our upcoming new look for the site, and I don't want to give too much away, but it will be different from our current design but it will still maintain the same sort of function and layout.

We refer to the impending redesign as "Model 5", because it is our fifth redesign and the naming is a nod to SEGA's various models of consoles. The site will be wider, it will work beautifully on mobile phones (unlike some other sites), and featured and original content will be better organized and highlighted.

So think of yesterday as Model 4.98, and today is Model 4.99. Model 5 is coming...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:05:39 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Welcome to SEGAbits Model 4.99
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 12:09:55 pm »
no ETA yet. Busy making awesome stuff! It's gone through a lot of changes since I've started designing/developing it since last year. Excited for when it goes live. I do think Barry is more excited then I am though. I wouldn't of made this topic considering there is no ETA yet. ;D

enjoy the master system style background. consider it a sneak peak at whats to come

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:00 pm »
Nice job SEGAbits Team  :)

I can't wait to find out what you have in store soon,
saw that I put great confidence in your abilities ... always  ;)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:37:09 pm »
Nice job SEGAbits Team  :)

I can't wait to find out what you have in store soon,
saw that I put great confidence in your abilities ... always  ;)

Thank you, Deefy! That means a lot to me, and I'm sure it does to Barry & the others, too. Barry and I are really excited by model 5. I don't know if you've seen him teasing it on our twitter, but yeah that's him. We thought we were gonna have it completed earlier this year, and then things happened. We have decided there is no reason to be rushed. It will be done when it's done. We have some quite ambitous ideas and executing those ideas means arguing, learning new code, planning, designing, discussing, sweat, and tears.

Even though I am doing the majority of the work on our new design, it is indeed a team project, so everyone deserves praise. Brilliant ideas come from collaboration, not working alone.

Trust me, our latest revision has Barry doing his Steve Ballmer dance ;)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 10:31:06 am »
Site looks great so far, i love the old Master System box art style.

You guys are the masters at web design, no way in hell would i be able to pull these concepts off.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 04:24:04 am »
Is there a way to upload images to SB forums from a personal computer? All the image insert has is the interlink. I can't/won't post images on an  online account that i have to find and create in order to link some scans and images here. Too much time i don't have.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 11:31:10 am »
Is there a way to upload images to SB forums from a personal computer? All the image insert has is the interlink. I can't/won't post images on an  online account that i have to find and create in order to link some scans and images here. Too much time i don't have.

You should be able to, permissions have it set to be allowed for everyone. Here is a screen i took on how to attach images.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 05:58:06 am »
thanks MC...

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 10:44:11 am »
No problem =) Another good option is imgur.com

no account needed. just upload and share the link.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »
Soon