Author Topic: Good News on Anarchy Reigns  (Read 29268 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Good News on Anarchy Reigns
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:41:25 pm »
I've never had anyone at an EB try to give me the hard sell. Usually they will mention things like warranty or pre-orders and stuff, but it's never been like a used car salesman or anything.

And as for second hand, eh, I've thought those were a rip-off for a long time, you can get the game new for nearly the same price. Gutted stock is just something that seems to be common with all retailers in Australia, not sure if it's the same in US. Upper management at retail seems to think that customers need to be able to bring something to counter or they don't enjoy the shopping experience which means the stores need to open up all the games and put empty boxes on show. I think it's a terrible practice personally. If I really want a sealed game, you can ask for them at the counter too I think.

Offline XIwolfleaderXI

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 06:10:51 am »
Hey Everyone,

I have some good news about AR.

I work Saturdays at EB Games (Canadian version of Gamestop). We have TVs that play game trailers.

At the beginning of every month, we change the disk that contains the trailer roll. Rule of thumb is that they play the trailer for games coming out a month or two later.

Well today is June 2nd, we got a new trailer disk and what did it contain? AN ENGLISH FULL GAME TRAILER FOR ANARCHY REIGNS.

Oh man I was cheering it on, trust me. Especially since it was Anarchy Reigns, and not Max Anarchy.

Now as an EB Games employee I can tell you that our system still has it listed for preorder for July 3rd. The fact that the trailer is on our Monthly disk of game trailers means that Sega has forked up a lot of money for the marketing opportunity (companies pay big bucks to have trailers play in the store) and that they have done this recently.

Basically, expect a Western Release, and soon. Probably late summer or early fall (at the very latest).

If you don't believe me, go into any EB Games on the West Coast (I personally work in vancouver), hang out there for a while and you'll see the trailer play.

I've always commented on the post here on Segabits, but I just created this account so that I can post this. Hopefully this news can help you decide whether to import or not.

Keep the Faith!
yeah i hope this is true! im really wanting this game! i hope its all just some lie and atleast still comes out somewhere in july c:

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 06:19:02 am »
Is this game kinda like Street's Of Rage? Like a beat em up?  ::)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 06:42:47 am »
Not... really. Although you aren't too far off. it's closest to something like MadWorld or God of War I guess. It's a 3D Brawler that also has a strong focus on the competitive multiplayer.
Check out the demo if you get a chacne.

Offline XIwolfleaderXI

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 07:00:27 am »
what do you guys think btw? think it will come out in july? because like he said the whole trailer thing at EB games or no? because what if they just sent it out then delayed it after then bought it?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:21 am »
what do you guys think btw? think it will come out in july? because like he said the whole trailer thing at EB games or no? because what if they just sent it out then delayed it after then bought it?

I'm not too sure, on one hand the game is complete. On the other hand SEGA America was losing money left right and centre. But at least the Japanese version has both English and Japanese subtitles and voice overs. Worse comes to worst, you can import it straight from Japan.

Offline XIwolfleaderXI

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 01:42:08 pm »
I'm not too sure, on one hand the game is complete. On the other hand SEGA America was losing money left right and centre. But at least the Japanese version has both English and Japanese subtitles and voice overs. Worse comes to worst, you can import it straight from Japan.
what is importing exactly? like can xbox do it? and i heard it was a lot of money :x

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 01:51:43 pm »
what is importing exactly? like can xbox do it? and i heard it was a lot of money :x

Importing means buying something from outside of the country you live in. The game has a solid Japan date so anyone living outside of Japan can import the title and play it.

Sadly it is not confirmed if it will be region free for Xbox 360, so not sure if you will be able to play it.

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 02:32:22 pm »
Thank You Mademan... and yea its kinda like a Dynamite Cop thing.. and again Thank You  ;D

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 05:38:14 pm »
Virtual On: Force was a JP only release and it was region free on Xbox360 (even with no english), so there's precedence.

Hearing no word from E3 is depressing me though.

but good or bad, you never know with Sega. Anything is possible.

Offline XIwolfleaderXI

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 05:46:26 pm »
Virtual On: Force was a JP only release and it was region free on Xbox360 (even with no english), so there's precedence.

Hearing no word from E3 is depressing me though.

but good or bad, you never know with Sega. Anything is possible.
so i can like buy it off ebay or something and it will work? and i mean yeah i know there delaying it and all but i really feel like it still might come out in juy c: people say the best time for it would be in the summer ^^

Offline Randroid

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 06:05:38 pm »
so i can like buy it off ebay or something and it will work? and i mean yeah i know there delaying it and all but i really feel like it still might come out in juy c: people say the best time for it would be in the summer ^^

I got my copy of Virtual On Force from play-asia. You can probably import it from them or others. However, I personally, am going to hold out until the very last moment as I still have a preorder where I work.

If they ever take AR off the listing from the system where I work, then I'll know for sure (and so will all of you).

The absolute best case scenario that I can still believe to be plausible is that they contracted the trailer to be played as the cheapest method of keeping the game in the gamer media without confirming or denying a release date (the trailer does not have a release date), while they figure out when is the best time to release it and maximize profits.

If the worst case scenario occurs and they drop a western release altogether and come out and say as much, your best bet to get the game is to find an online asian game importer and get the JP copy once someone has confirmed that the Xbox version is region unlocked (or buy a PS3).

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 06:09:36 pm »

We can't rule out the possibility that it might direct to digital distribution.

Offline Randroid

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 06:26:22 pm »
We can't rule out the possibility that it might direct to digital distribution.

I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. Just get the game out there (and let me have my Bayonetta DLC).

Offline XIwolfleaderXI

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »
I got my copy of Virtual On Force from play-asia. You can probably import it from them or others. However, I personally, am going to hold out until the very last moment as I still have a preorder where I work.

If they ever take AR off the listing from the system where I work, then I'll know for sure (and so will all of you).

The absolute best case scenario that I can still believe to be plausible is that they contracted the trailer to be played as the cheapest method of keeping the game in the gamer media without confirming or denying a release date (the trailer does not have a release date), while they figure out when is the best time to release it and maximize profits.

If the worst case scenario occurs and they drop a western release altogether and come out and say as much, your best bet to get the game is to find an online asian game importer and get the JP copy once someone has confirmed that the Xbox version is region unlocked (or buy a PS3).
damn man i reaally wanted this game. but i dont wanna buy a ps3 just for it.
i wanna buy it from this guy tell me if it seems right http://www.ebay.com/itm/160808828139?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_646wt_905 i dont know why it says you will get it at june 12th. it ships to us so something telling me this way might work. i msg him and asked him about it btw