Author Topic: Good News on Anarchy Reigns  (Read 29396 times)

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Good News on Anarchy Reigns
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 12:05:20 pm »
Naw this guy appears to be selling the western version, which none of us know what's going to happen as far as its release. 

If you are trying to import the game, make sure it says that it is an Import or Japanese version of the game (as that is the only one that has been confirmed 100% so far).

Offline XIwolfleaderXI

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 12:10:51 pm »
Naw this guy appears to be selling the western version, which none of us know what's going to happen as far as its release. 

If you are trying to import the game, make sure it says that it is an Import or Japanese version of the game (as that is the only one that has been confirmed 100% so far).
hey can i have a website where i can buy the Japanese version? and i know i msged him and i told him it was delayed so he took it down or something like that. he said he was going to find out what the real release date was, i wish him luck!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2012, 12:23:37 pm »
play-asia.com is a safe bet, though Max Anarchy is damn expensive right now. Probably because they want to make some money on Americans and Europeans who are afraid that the game won't release.

Offline Randroid

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 08:33:07 pm »
Hey everybody,

This month's Game Informer just printed a July 3rd release date for Anarchy Reigns.

Unfortunately, they don't give more details than that. Take from it what you will.

Offline ShinobiMuramasa

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 09:31:51 pm »
Hey everybody,

This month's Game Informer just printed a July 3rd release date for Anarchy Reigns.

Unfortunately, they don't give more details than that. Take from it what you will.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. Sega continues to ignore everyone who asks about the game...

Offline XIwolfleaderXI

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 07:48:54 am »
Hey everybody,

oh man thats awesome! so does that mean it coming out that day or....?

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 12:24:55 pm »
I recently talked to a GameStop employee regarding my preorder for Anarchy Reigns and what the official release date was. He told me that the July 3rd date isn't happening anymore and they just have a January place-holder date for the game. So Anarchy Reigns still has no official release date in the West as far as I know. I'm hoping for a late summer, or early fall release. That way SEGA has more of a chance with this new IP against some of the bigger titles coming out later this year.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline ShinobiMuramasa

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 11:07:43 am »
I recently talked to a GameStop employee regarding my preorder for Anarchy Reigns and what the official release date was. He told me that the July 3rd date isn't happening anymore and they just have a January place-holder date for the game. So Anarchy Reigns still has no official release date in the West as far as I know. I'm hoping for a late summer, or early fall release. That way SEGA has more of a chance with this new IP against some of the bigger titles coming out later this year.

Yeah hopefully they release it before winter. The original release date really was the best one since there are very few titles to compete with it. It's incredibly annoying that Sega continues to ignore everyone who asks about it. I've been on twitter tweeting to the Sega rep as they respond to other people's questions and it's particularly annoying to see them ignore all of the Anarchy Reigns tweets in real time as they answer everyone else.

They're really shooting themselves in the foot by delaying. The people that were definitely going to buy it are going to import and the people that could have possibly bought it are going to have to choose between it and the more well known titles that come out later in the year.

Offline Cadence

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2012, 01:40:41 pm »
Zavvi, Amazon, Play, Game and Gamestation all still list it for July 6 in Europe. There was even some talk about a Sega rep confirming it's German release, and then there's also Sega's Scandinavian publishers who are still listing it for it's European date.

Despite me still wanting to tell myself that this is just a matter of miscommunication or slow updating schedule, I'd think that after over three weeks, Sega would have at least given wind to European retailers and publishers. This is really making me nervous, I'm on the verge of importing but I don't want to use too much money if it's still coming to a more accessible area.

Offline ShinobiMuramasa

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 05:53:57 pm »
Zavvi, Amazon, Play, Game and Gamestation all still list it for July 6 in Europe. There was even some talk about a Sega rep confirming it's German release, and then there's also Sega's Scandinavian publishers who are still listing it for it's European date.

Despite me still wanting to tell myself that this is just a matter of miscommunication or slow updating schedule, I'd think that after over three weeks, Sega would have at least given wind to European retailers and publishers. This is really making me nervous, I'm on the verge of importing but I don't want to use too much money if it's still coming to a more accessible area.

Here's a link for anyone interested in seeing exactly how the Sega rep confirmed it for Germany: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620291-anarchy-reigns/63037856

A user in that topic translated the article and provides a link to it.

I'm with you Cadence, I want to hold out hope that the game will come before importing due to the extra cost. If a US date is not announced soon then I will import, but I'll wait a bit longer to see. Most import sites have already sold out of preorders that include the Bayonetta code, so I figure I may as well wait anyway. If Bayonetta is made available later as paid DLC and there's other DLC, people that import will also have to get Japanese PSN cards if they want the DLC. I love Platinum Games and I'm willing to go through the extra hassle of getting the game, I just want to hold out hope a bit longer that Sega doesn't completely disappoint their fans.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 08:24:13 am »
We'll find out eventually.

I'm getting the impression that SEGA and Platinum Games must've had a falling out. I mean, I noticed that since Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance and that Nintendo published title were revealed to be done by PG, Anarchy Reigns vanished.

We are about 3 weeks away from the "placeholder" launch.

Offline Cadence

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 02:54:46 pm »
Well I guess that's that. Importing come next pay day.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 03:21:23 pm »
Such a dumb decision.
Why wait that long to release a game that's completely finished, only to dump it in the middle of what's become the busiest time of the year for major releases?

Offline Randroid

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 05:04:59 pm »
AH!!!! FINALLY!!! CLOSURE!!!!

I'm importing.

Ok Sega, get Sam Gideon in there, and I'll forgive you.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 05:06:23 pm »
Damn it. Oh, well... at least we know it's better than an extremely vague and troublesome TBC release date.