Author Topic: Topic of Soccer Madness  (Read 18822 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: Topic of Soccer Madness
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 08:59:10 am »
Seems all is not well at City.

Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Lescott as well as a few others want to leave....

I wonder how much of an affect Mancini has really had on the squad?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 03:09:59 pm »
And Benfica lost. AGAIN.

In 2 weeks the idiots managed to lose the championship, the Europa, and now the cup! This has been one of the most delightful seasons ever!

The cherry on top of the cake would be for Fabril to win next week and get promoted to 2nd divison B.
Fabril is the 3rd division team from where I was born. Known in it's glory days as CUF, it managed 3rd place on the 1st division some 30 or 40 years ago. After the revolution in the mid 70's, the industrial region it was based on (and provided the moonies) bagan to shut down. The club contested the relegation against Maritimo and lost that game. Maritimo was promoted to top division and we got relegated. Maritimo hasn't been relegated ever since.
Fabril has slowly been going up the ranks, from the low bottom regionals up to 3rd and is now a victory away of getting promoted to 2nd B.
Coincidentaly, the 3rd division will cease to exist. So in reality next weekend we either get promoted to the new 3rd tier National Chapionship, or relegated to regionals.
Go Fabril!
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 04:32:29 pm »
I'm mad that Beira Mar dropped to the Honor League, though I'm sure they'll get back up next year...

Anyway, PORTUGAL x RUSSIA on June 7th! GO, TEAM, GO!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 04:54:05 pm »
I'm mad that Beira Mar dropped to the Honor League, though I'm sure they'll get back up next year...

Anyway, PORTUGAL x RUSSIA on June 7th! GO, TEAM, GO!
It's also sad to see Moreirense go.. Freaking Setubal made it again.
Go team! We're pretty much screwed any way lol
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 06:20:29 pm »
Beira-Mar had a snowball's chance in Hell to stay in the Premier League, but oh, man... If Rio Ave didn't score  goal in their game against Olhanense, there might have been a chance as slim as it was.

Anyway, goodbye Beira Mar, Hello Arouca FC. The other Aveiro-based team that's gaining momentum. Good luck.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 07:24:30 am »
And Benfica lost. AGAIN.

In 2 weeks the idiots managed to lose the championship, the Europa, and now the cup! This has been one of the most delightful seasons ever!

The cherry on top of the cake would be for Fabril to win next week and get promoted to 2nd divison B.
Fabril is the 3rd division team from where I was born. Known in it's glory days as CUF, it managed 3rd place on the 1st division some 30 or 40 years ago. After the revolution in the mid 70's, the industrial region it was based on (and provided the moonies) bagan to shut down. The club contested the relegation against Maritimo and lost that game. Maritimo was promoted to top division and we got relegated. Maritimo hasn't been relegated ever since.
Fabril has slowly been going up the ranks, from the low bottom regionals up to 3rd and is now a victory away of getting promoted to 2nd B.
Coincidentaly, the 3rd division will cease to exist. So in reality next weekend we either get promoted to the new 3rd tier National Chapionship, or relegated to regionals.
Go Fabril!

That's a much better position then my local team's position (relegated to the regional tier now).

Wait, are you Brazilian Max Cady? I assumed you were Portugese, but assumed you were from Portugal like crackdude.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 09:55:40 am »
That's a much better position then my local team's position (relegated to the regional tier now).

Wait, are you Brazilian Max Cady? I assumed you were Portugese, but assumed you were from Portugal like crackdude.
I know that feel.. :(

Why do you assume he's brazilian now? He's talking about portuguese teams lol
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 06:18:18 pm »
I know that feel.. :(

Why do you assume he's brazilian now? He's talking about portuguese teams lol

Yep.

Because those teams sound like Tier 1 Brazilian Teams to me? I know of one team in Brazil, but I can't pronounce it. XD

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 04:23:29 pm »
Fabril drew 1-1.

Our rivals Barreirense (local 50 year old derby) won on another match and equalled our points. We had lost 1-0 at their turf and won 3-2 home.
So yeah, they got promoted. We got relegated by a single goal. Fucking saddness man..
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 02:21:09 am »
What? Naw, man, I am portuguese through and through.

Though, I do know some teams from the Brazilian soccer league: Botafogo, Palmeiras, Flamengo, Fluminense, Corinthians, Vasco da Gama (which is the name of a famous portuguese explorer).

Beira-Mar is the main team from the Aveiro district as in their are based in the city. Arouca FC is from a small town a bit to the north and quite frankly not very easy to reach (Sever de Vouga is a pain to get to, I can't even imagine Arouca).

Arouca FC has been quite the success story. They were in the III division in 2007 and in just 5 years they've jumped into Premier League. It is very uncommon for Tier III teams to jump this high.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 05:51:40 am »
Did Arouca get some money investment? Or was it purely skillful management?
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 09:55:07 am »
They had a couple of coaches. Henrique Nunes (which according to his resumé, has managed mostly Tier III and Tier II teams) was the one that got them to win the play-off to play in the Vitalis League(aka the Honor Division). He replaced by Vítor Oliveira, who managed Desportivo das Aves, Belenenses and a couple of other Honor League regulars.

All I know is that Caixa Agrícola is their big sponsor. So I'm guessing it's a bit of both.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 03:44:40 pm »
What? Naw, man, I am portuguese through and through.

Even that context is inaccurate, Brazilians are technically Portugese too like Americans being "English". XD

I get what you mean though.

So now my local team has a lifeline because another club went into Administration before us, it seems we could still be put in the same league as before, but it's unlikely.

Seems Manchester City and the New York Yankees are heavily investing in a new New York Soccer team to rival the New York Bulls....it'd be inetersting to see if it does happen and that I will certainly support them when they are up and running (yes, it has something to do with City, but at least City fans in America can support a surrogate team as a substitute when City's not so accessable to watch).

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »
Even that context is inaccurate, Brazilians are technically Portugese too like Americans being "English". XD
lol no.

They are half-portuguese descendants at best.
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 09:09:27 am »
lol no.

They are half-portuguese descendants at best.

That's pretty much what Nameless is saying, mostly English heritage mixed in with other nationalities.