Author Topic: Wakfu is a great TV series  (Read 13602 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: Wakfu is a great TV series
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 04:26:02 am »
If I pledge, will the Blu Ray be compatible with the EU?

Don't wanna pledge if it's only NA region that I can't enjoy this.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 09:42:01 am »
According to their Kickstarter page, Ankama says that the Blu-ray is going to be region-free.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 01:26:09 pm »
Awesome! I checked the page many times to make sure to find that information but I couldn't find it.

Kind of ridiculed for "not knowing" but given I tried to look at the FAQ page before, I found it slightly harsh.

However, the Creator of that Kickstarter is an amazing guy to not only answer my questions, but to be so polite and not judge my question made me raise my pledge to $70 (Roughly £50), I hope we get the Season 2 pledge out of this! I really, really want to love this series!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 09:34:09 am »

Just a wee bit more and the next stretch goal will be achieved.
That's good, season 2 also boasts impressive visuals, story and all that Wakfu goodness that comes with it.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 02:15:20 pm »
Been following it like a hawk.

Currently at $217,000 with 16 days to go...they need over $5000 a day to get the $300,000 stretch goal.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 12:47:47 am »
Well, they just reached the stretch goal for the new episode. Looking at how fast it's moving, they probably didn't need to lower the bar.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 03:07:38 am »
I needed an excuse to post this image and so I shall:

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 06:25:28 am »
HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I invested $270 into this thing, so it better be worth it max_cady!  :afroman:

Offline max_cady

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 07:47:04 am »
Oh, trust me, it's worth it.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 02:49:42 pm »
First let me say, the French ( especially Canada, being that they get funds from the government ) have been making many animations for years, and this is not new at all, for the French

I took up animation in college, chances are they are using a flash based program. However
you do not need FLASH to do an animation like this. You can even use photoshop/GIMP stand alone. Watching this you can see their are not many scenes that are animated, but mimics animation, nothing new I have seen from class, or from the many flash animations, I watch periodically. Nothing new, at least to me.

About FLASH in general. There are many programs, that abuses Flash, because the programmers are lazy and makes money, making FLASH more easier for animators to understand.
If you see the side node, that is a lazy animator, abusing the motions, of the characters, Meaning they want a natural looking motion, but instead they create something that is unnatural. However for the producers and children watching the animation they do not care at all, as long as it makes money and bring in audience 

The example that was posted in this thread, an digital camera was used to take a picture, and all of the animation is hand drawn folks. All animation is hand drawn folks, including the animations made inside of a computer.

In my opinion, I am not going to state my opinion because another artist can not compare to another artist. All I can say, hey good for them, great work, hurray, I wish them good luck in their progress.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 12:28:45 pm »
Dude, have you got something against people who use Flash or something?

That post reads like Wakfu is cheap in its animation. Regardless of what Flash can do or not (I used Flash in its early days, it's a pretty good program), Wakfu does NOT look as though it's "unnatural", neither have I heard of many Canadian Animation Studios that have built popularity like this Show has.

If you have something against Flash, then fair enough, not everyone likes the same computer programs, which is why we have a choice, but if you're suggesting that Ankama are making the animation low budget that kids don't see the quality, then I have to disagree (and I bet that max_cady would be offended too, given he's the one who made this thread for those of us who are interested).

From what I saw on the Kickstarter, the show has some "suggestive" themes, the animation is pretty incredible from what I've seen and they seem to really care about what their audience thinks, regardless of background.

As for the last point, Animation programmers aren't all lazy, although there are a few that re-use a certain action scene many times, Ankama seems to be one of the few that loves making new scenes.

I apologise if I have offended you in any way, but your post seemed to read as a negative opinion regarding what they have created, that French Animation is as common as working in the Retail Segment (not sure how the French Canadians feel about Animation, but they should be dang proud of themselves), and that Flash is the Anti-Christ/Allah what-have-you.

If the Show offends you in any way regarding how it's made, why it's made or even because it's something the fans shouldn't be watching , then just ignore this thread, as I am one of the few that have been keeping a close eye on this series since max_cady recommended it in another thread.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 06:08:07 am »
Hmm... There hasn't been any major announcement about Wakfu lately. Based on their last March udpate, they are still processing orders which are still estimated to be shipped on April (which in my case hasn't happened yet).

I hope they have some proper news soon.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 01:08:07 pm »
They mentioned on Kickstarter that they have just finished the first of 3 or 5 Specials that are going to be made (Forgot the number, sorry).

The Shipping dates may have been changed, depending of the reward you paid for.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 03:56:05 pm »
Oh silly, me... I hadn't checked the FAQ in a little while.

Guess they'll start shipping stuff 'round October. Longer then I expected but given that they are obligated to fullfill those extra stretch goals...

Offline max_cady