Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 136481 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 02:19:27 am »
I want new IPs, everyone plays it too safe and its already boring as fuck.

Like SEGA you mean ?
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 03:16:49 am »
Like SEGA you mean ?
At this point I take it from anyone. I'm a bit tired of all publishers playing it safe. I understand the need for franchises but we got a new generation, lets move forward.

That doesn't mean that I won't get excited for some continued franchises I like, I mean we are gamers, of course we want more of what we already like. But I think every publisher should have a few new titles each year, you never know when you have a next hit franchise.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:27:22 am by George »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 03:31:21 am »
At this point I take it from anyone. I'm a bit tired of all publishers playing it safe. I understand the need for franchises but we got a new generation, lets move forward.

Well it's not going to come from SEGA is it . They are new IP the trouble is they tend to be in genre's already done. I mean the likes of Watchdogs, Drive Club, The Order, Bloodborne, TitanFall Sunset Overdrive, Destiny, Ryse are all new IP, but are new IP  in gene's we've seen before

Anyway this E3 I'm looking to seeing some gameplay from the likes of...  The Division, Rainbow Six, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Rise of Tomb Raider, Uncharted IV , Starfox , Final Fantasy 15, RE 7, Deep Down.

Don't care if they are sequels only care if they play good 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:33:54 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 06:52:05 am »
SEGA has just announced a trilogy of Warhammer games that will sell more than anything Atlus has at E3 combined.
So which do you think needs more marketing to sell well? ;)

Also, still not much reason to have a booth for Warhammer if they don't have a playable demo yet.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 08:49:21 am »
They won't have a booth, doesn't mean they won't show anything.

Shenmue III confirmed.

atlus makes games :)
Upvoted.

I want new IPs, everyone plays it too safe and its already boring as fuck.

Brock Crocodile should be at E3.

That doesn't mean that I won't get excited for some continued franchises I like, I mean we are gamers, of course we want more of what we already like. But I think every publisher should have a few new titles each year, you never know when you have a next hit franchise.

Well we got Dragonscale that will hopefully get something shown at E3. TA mentioned a bunch of new IPs that came out in the last year or so too wouldn't be surprised if we see some more. We also got Nintendo with that Devil's Third and Splatoon which every Nintendo guy is cumming buckets over.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 10:52:25 am »
I expect everything to be announced for 2016 to be delayed until 2017 as per the usual this generation.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 11:19:38 am »
Brock Crocodile should be at E3.

Funny enough I was entered into a competition automatically to get into E3 but it used a voting process, unfortunately I didn't really bother, my time was better spent accumulating votes for Greenlight and development which already encompasses more than I'd like of my free time!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 12:44:55 pm »
Set it up in the parking lot, like Ouya.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 12:51:49 am »
I expect everything to be announced for 2016 to be delayed until 2017 as per the usual this generation.
No way to get dissapointed this way heh.

Should be an interesting e3 with bethesda and square joining the conferences.

Offline George

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 03:03:09 am »
So which do you think needs more marketing to sell well? ;)

Also, still not much reason to have a booth for Warhammer if they don't have a playable demo yet.
I agree, they are better received at Gamescom.

As for Total War advertising, I don't think its as much as console games cost to market. They don't run ad campaigns really and their fanbase is pretty up to date on the online news.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 07:28:30 am »
I wonder if we'll get more announcements like this from Square Enix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoV27HhwuR4

Then again, with how many Square Enix fans seem to see FF7 as their favorite game of all time, kinda hard to top this troll.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 08:14:16 am »
I wonder if we'll get more announcements like this from Square Enix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoV27HhwuR4

Then again, with how many Square Enix fans seem to see FF7 as their favorite game of all time, kinda hard to top this troll.
There's certainly a bigger chance of them doing one like that this year with them holding their own press conference.

Offline George

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 01:57:11 pm »
So surprised people still care about Final Fantasy VII, I bought into the hype and was laughing so hard at how shitty the game was and people still think its good. Nostaglia is a bitch. I played Chrono Trigger on the SNES a bit after playing VII, since I laughed the whole 'Square makes good RPGs' bandwagon away and was blown away.

I dunno how a developer could go from making one of the best 2D RPGs to make something like FFVII. What a drop in quality that continued quite rapidly.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 02:07:37 pm »
So surprised people still care about Final Fantasy VII, I bought into the hype and was laughing so hard at how shitty the game was and people still think its good. Nostaglia is a bitch. I played Chrono Trigger on the SNES a bit after playing VII, since I laughed the whole 'Square makes good RPGs' bandwagon away and was blown away.

I dunno how a developer could go from making one of the best 2D RPGs to make something like FFVII. What a drop in quality that continued quite rapidly.

Wasn't FFVII the first one that was on PS1 and in 3D? It's probably a Shenmue style thing, where you had to play it at the time to appreciate it. I keep hearing that it's not actually one of the best FF games and others are much better.

I haven't played an FF game ever though, so watevs. I don't really like JRPGs I've found though, with a few exceptions.

Offline George

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 02:19:34 pm »
I did play it when it came out, like the first month. It just sucked. Bad dialogue, bad plot, bad world, bad design. You name it, this game had it in spades. Not to mention the characters where just bad stereotypes of older FF games with new and worse artwork and somehow worse battle system. The Materia system was crap and I think Square knows this , thats why they have ignored a remake for so long.