Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 136496 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2015, 08:12:39 am »
The new hitman sounds terrible:

Square Enix, you were doing so well...

After Absolution... ARGHWARGHARGHWAAAAAAAH!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2015, 08:17:25 am »
Square Enix, you were doing so well...

After Absolution... ARGHWARGHARGHWAAAAAAAH!

Just do what I did and play all the old ones. Hitman: Agent 47 is still baller to this day.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2015, 08:39:30 pm »
A few things I hate about this approach:

- Releasing the game with a incomplete story mode on launch and 'timed' events will basically mean that there is no way for a review to properly review the game.
- All these 'timed hits' that only show up 'once' and never again will mean they are forcing fans to pick up the game day one so they won't miss out on a hit, this will mean that you can't wait for the game to be 'complete (story wise)' because you'll end up missing hits aka content.
- There won't be a print copy till its all said and done.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2015, 08:44:58 pm »
I hate it because it's giving developers even more ideas about releasing half-finished games. Give an inch they'll take a mile and all that.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2015, 08:53:19 pm »
Actually, scratch that, try 1 and 2 first. They are amazing games, just be prepared for old school mechanics. Ask us for tips, as a lot of it is 'In the manual' as old games used to do.

You just reminded me that I need to get back to playing the first one, and yeah it is super archaic, practically no PC games function like Fallout 1 and 2 do nowadays. It's almost like an RTS but you're controlling one frail unit and the interface was lifted straight out of the earliest point and click games.

As for Hitman...I kind of agree it looks like ass. Never been the biggest Hitman fan, I only just started playing Absolution a week ago, but this sounds like all kinds of shady. If they're gonna do something like this, why not just make it an episodic game? That sounds more reasonable than whatever this is.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2015, 10:19:11 pm »
Well, with that game is almost like the devs are trying to appeal and mix the console market with the F2P one.

I mean, mostly all the F2P are half-maded during the first 2/3 months after launch. The benefits are that because the game is free, you can wait to play later with more content if you didn't like how it begun.

I can't say the same thing with the Hit man or Splatoon approach.

Investing 50$/60$ force you to wait and that's could let a bad taste from the get go.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #426 on: June 30, 2015, 04:26:50 am »
It's sort of what Destiny tried to do and fell flat on its arse because of it. I've heard people play it and say it's okay, but none of them would recommend it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #427 on: June 30, 2015, 07:57:45 am »
I hate it because it's giving developers even more ideas about releasing half-finished games. Give an inch they'll take a mile and all that.

I feel like it's a concept that could work for a subscription based thing, like the old shareware days. You get the first level for free, then buy in instalments or pay a subscription for regular service like an MMO. But this sounds like some weird hybrid of that and paying full price at launch :/

You just reminded me that I need to get back to playing the first one, and yeah it is super archaic, practically no PC games function like Fallout 1 and 2 do nowadays. It's almost like an RTS but you're controlling one frail unit and the interface was lifted straight out of the earliest point and click games.

As for Hitman...I kind of agree it looks like ass. Never been the biggest Hitman fan, I only just started playing Absolution a week ago, but this sounds like all kinds of shady. If they're gonna do something like this, why not just make it an episodic game? That sounds more reasonable than whatever this is.

Oh man, Fallout 1 and 2 felt super ancient first time I played them, but it was so, so worth persevering. After the first town you'll get the hang of it. The penny dropped for me when I realised I should read the manual because these were games from a time before tutorials were a thing and you were expected to read the nice pretty booklet that came in the box first.

Learning how the Action Points worked and what all the buttons were, and how to use all the skills made a big difference. It quickly becomes second nature.

The Fallout games closest equivalent in modern mainstream games are probably the Xcom games. At least in terms of combat they play similar as they are Tactical/Strategy RPGs. You have the grid layout and a limited number of action points in a turn based setting. It's not so different to stuff like classic Shining Force or Banner Saga imo. I think that the new Shadowrun is similar too?

As for Hitman, if you've only played Absolution, understand that Absolution is the black sheep of the series. I understand it plays nothing like the old games and many were really unhappy with it. Try out the old games if you can. Even the old one is really quite brilliant in it's open ended nature and gameplay. You're basically dropped in a  massive map and given free reign to use multiple tools and strategies to get your target. It's really quite brilliant.