Author Topic: SEGA Puzzle Games - If it doesn't fit, just flip it over!  (Read 92941 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Puzzle Games - If it doesn't fit, just flip it over!
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2021, 08:44:15 pm »
I didn't know there was a Columns game for the Game Boy Colour... did Sega allow it?

Yes, it's published in 1999 when SEGA wasn't considering Nintendo as their rival anymore.
They set their eye on Sony and their Playstation 2.
That year SEGA also made Sonic Pocket Adventure for Neo Geo Pocket.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2021, 10:13:16 pm »
i thought Game Boy Advance was when Nintendo allowed Sega on their handhelds.

Offline Berto

« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2021, 12:35:29 am »
i thought Game Boy Advance was when Nintendo allowed Sega on their handhelds.

Nintendo always welcomed anyone on their handheld.
Sony also even welcomed SEGA in their Playstation 1 back then.

As long as the game's good, who the publisher is doesn't matter.
The decision is in publisher, whether they want to put the game on their rival console or not.
SEGA also let their franchise ported on PC / Amiga / Commodore / PC Engine too back then.

And we know PC Engine was also SEGA's rival.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2021, 09:18:13 am »
I did not know all this, though probably because we never had internet back then.

Offline Berto

« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2021, 02:40:56 am »
I did not know all this, though probably because we never had internet back then.

Understandable. Many things we finally catch up years later because of internet.
Before internet back then, I always curious why Street Fighter II games for Mega Drive / SNES were suddenly dissapeared in my country.
Years later I found out in the internet that turned out many games stores was warned by some agents of government.
They said the game was deemed forbidden.
The reason was turned out because of Zangief's stage.

It has hammer and sickle, symbol of communism on the floor.
It resembles The Communist Party of Indonesia's logo that was banned by Indonesian Government.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2021, 07:20:15 am »
It has hammer and sickle, symbol of communism on the floor.
It resembles The Communist Party of Indonesia's logo that was banned by Indonesian Government.
Not gonna lie... I thought that was a banana peel on the floor and that hilarity will ensure.

But yeah with how limited internet access was back then it was hard to keep up with things. My schools had internet but I didn't get internet at home until I was.... I think 15 or so.

Offline Berto

« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2021, 08:17:11 pm »
The first time I interacted with internet was ... when I was at college.  :-\

Offline Berto

« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2021, 08:18:11 pm »
New Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack Membership lets you play N64 and SEGA Genesis games

The SEGA Genesis will launch with the following games:

– Castlevania: Bloodlines
– Contra Hard Corps
– Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
– Ecco the Dolphin
– Golden Axe
– Gunstar Heroes
– MUSHA
– Phantasy Star IV
– Ristar
– Shining Force
– Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
– Sonic the Hedgehog 2
– Streets of Rage 2
– Strider 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/09/23/new-nintendo-switch-online-expansion-pack-membership-lets-you-play-n64-and-sega-genesis-games/

Offline Berto

« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2021, 12:55:46 am »
Apple Made More Profit From Games In 2019 Than Nintendo, Sony And Microsoft Combined

The staggering figure is generated via the 30% cut Apple takes from all digital purchases via its App Store, which is used on millions of devices all over the world, including iPhones, iPads and laptop computers.
It's worth noting that Apple's 'cut' of digital sales is believed to be the same as Nintendo's on the eShop, and it's understandable that the platform holder should take a bite out of every sale made on its platform.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/10/apple-made-more-profit-from-games-in-2019-than-nintendo-sony-and-microsoft-combined

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2021, 08:44:00 am »
The first time I interacted with internet was ... when I was at college.  :-\
Now it's all Twitter and mobile phones for everything. It pisses me off.
I hate how everything is Twitter now days and how most services assume you have Twitter.

"Oh you can't access your thing even though you need thing to access thing? Well if you contact us through Twitter we can resolve it."
But I don't have a Twitter.
"Well if you don't have a conveniant way to give me your problem then it's not my problem then."

Offline Berto

« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2021, 07:28:44 pm »
Now it's all Twitter and mobile phones for everything. It pisses me off.
I hate how everything is Twitter now days and how most services assume you have Twitter.

"Oh you can't access your thing even though you need thing to access thing? Well if you contact us through Twitter we can resolve it."
But I don't have a Twitter.
"Well if you don't have a conveniant way to give me your problem then it's not my problem then."

I don't use twitter either, lol.
I had an account, but I already forgot the password years ago.
Back when Aaron was still in charge of Sonic's twitter account.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2021, 09:09:05 pm »
Back when Sonic didn't force the memes on the twitter account.... they were the meme!

But yeah Twitter is both too useful to get into contact with other people but at the same time I would feel like a sheep allowing to be fleeced if I join such a site.

Besides we;ve been around for a few decades, we've seen such sites pop up and snowball in trend. If Facebook can be a passing trend when will Twitter? It's an endless cycle of push and pull.

But given how popular Twitter has become, sooner or later Microsoft and Google will buy out Twitter and then they will make Windows and Google accounts double as Twitter accounts. So even if I oppose Twitter sooner or later it will be mandatory for most internet users.

Offline Berto

« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2021, 09:06:43 pm »
But given how popular Twitter has become, sooner or later Microsoft and Google will buy out Twitter and then they will make Windows and Google accounts double as Twitter accounts. So even if I oppose Twitter sooner or later it will be mandatory for most internet users.

There's nothing we can do anyway other than adapt or ignore.
Pick one which suits us the most.

Offline Berto

« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2021, 09:07:09 pm »
Opening animation of "Puyo Puyo" featuring Arle and New Characters is Available Now

SEGA Co., Ltd. has released a new character, Hitoshi (with her theme song "Kokokara Motto! Puyopuyo !!!" sung by Ran).
They also released the first opening animation of "Puyo Puyo" featuring Arle and new characters.

Source : https://sega.jp/topics/211027_3

Offline Berto

« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2021, 09:09:15 pm »
The theme song "Kokokara Motto! Puyo Puyo !!!" is now available on Various Music Apps!

The theme song "Kokokara Motto! Puyo Puyo !!!" sung by the new main character of "Puyo Puyo" (CV. Saran Tajima) is now available on each music distribution service.
It is written by Takumi Yoshinaga, director of Sega "Super Puyo Que Project", and composed by Eiki Abe, sound director of Sega "Puyo Puyo" series.
The full version of the lyrics card is also available.
Please pay attention to the lyrics in which many "Puyo Puyo" characters appear and listen to them!

Source : https://sega.jp/topics/211027_3