Author Topic: Adam and Eve...  (Read 57090 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Adam and Eve...
« on: July 07, 2011, 01:45:59 am »
The first humans on earth right? Adam was made from dirt and Eve from his rib, God was like 'nice one, no go forth and populate the earth!'

Then they had two sons, Cane and Abel...

*slowly raises hand*
I have a question: HOW NOW BROWN COW?!
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Adam and Eve...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:15:22 am »
The first humans on earth right? Adam was made from dirt and Eve from his rib, God was like 'nice one, no go forth and populate the earth!'

*slowly raises hand*

What are you trying to get at here? I'm pretty sure most rational people (Including religious ones) see Adam and Eve as a parable rather than hard facts...

Also, why did you post this in General Gaming? Poor form Sharky, poor form.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 05:14:35 am »

*slowly raises hand*

Yeah I have to agree, Cane and Abel were really tough boss fights, but it was really awesome too with how they fire at you from either side of the mountains.

Though remember, you've got to kill Cane first if you want the good ending, only Abel is able to give you the cow that will allow get you the key that will let you enter the Beast's domain.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:19:52 am »
Logic and bible stories don't go hand in hand.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 05:20:30 am »
Cane and Abel were tough, sure, but my favourite boss from Super Adam and Eve was the Snake boss. Dude was crazy. Not to mention that you had no healing items during that fight because his apples would cause God to cast you out instantly.

I did think it was a bit forced to make you go through all that, and then *SPOILERS* in the cutscene, Eve eats the apple anyway.... -_-;
*END SPOILERS*

Did anyone get that '7 Days of Creation' expansion pack? It's meant to be a prequel story or something I think.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 06:17:16 am »
I met a priest once who justified sexism by stating 'God made me first'.

Funny chap!

In reality every foetus starts as female, then some develop into males afterwards.

Also incest is pretty cool.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 10:23:10 am »
Six posts in and still no mention of the talking snake? I am disappointed in you all. He was an asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T0I5UepXMA#

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 11:35:36 am »
I prefer Adam and Steve.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 12:59:53 pm »
Well, there are theories among the Christian community that after Adam and Eve were exiled from the Garden of Eden that several tribes of people came into existence. Cain is said to have had a wife so it would likely be from one of these tribes.
Another theory is that human genetics were much purer back then so Adam and Eve could've had a daughter and Cain hooked up with her. It's inbreeding but it supposedly wouldn't be as harmful as it is now.
Those are just the two Christian explanations I know of.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline George

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 03:18:26 pm »
Most of the stuff in the bible was added later for it to make more sense.

Stuff in the bible and Christian 'facts' have been disproved throughout history that I'm surprise that its still believed by most Americans. I don't mind them believing in religion, go for it. But when you sit there and say evolution is false and that the earth was made 4,000 years ago... now that is just false.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 06:09:23 am »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 02:52:37 am »
Yeah I have to agree, Cane and Abel were really tough boss fights, but it was really awesome too with how they fire at you from either side of the mountains.

Though remember, you've got to kill Cane first if you want the good ending, only Abel is able to give you the cow that will allow get you the key that will let you enter the Beast's domain.

It is written as fact in the bible... As is Noah and the Arc.
You'd think the guy that wrote the bible would have seen the flaws here... two sons? really?
Made by SEGA

Offline George

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 05:39:32 am »
Noah and the Arc story makes the least of sense. He grabbed all animals, a pair and put them in his arc? Did you fucking know there are over 300,000 species of beetles in the world? So this man took his time to get 2 of each of the 300,000 beetles?

The only other explanation is that he only got a few and they evolved over time, but Christians say evolution is a stupid concept. 

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 07:18:09 am »
Guy who wrote the bible? It is a collection of books by various people, hence why you mention their names when quoting it (John, Paul, et cetera). They even contradict each other as they never wrote them together. It was written long after Jesus was dead, which makes it extra lolol. Most of it is just based on Judaism mixed with what some nuts wrote later. The whole concept of an 'organised Church and Bible' have nothing to do with Jesus, and all of the folk stories are Jewish because the writers were Jewish.

As a note, Jews do not even consider Jesus to be Jewish as his father was a Roman (Orthodox Jews recorded it and consider Mary to be a whore for fornicating with him; most likely a Gaulish conscript as were most 'Romans' in the Levant/Israel at the time). Christians tend to get stubborn and pretend Jesus' father was 'God', but we all know that is not going to work... Mary was in no way a virgin. It is purposely set up like this to avoid logic, just like everything else you read in it. Furthermore, if you look at Jesus' execution, he was executed by Romans courts - not Jewish courts, the latter of which were for Jews. Sephardic Jews (Jews of Israel at the time), if anyone is unaware, only consider the father to be able to produce Jewish offspring (David was the first Jew, a man), therefore even if Mary was Jewish, they did not consider Jesus as such (likely nor did he) - in their view he was Roman (and a disliked colonialist, as Israel at the time was a Roman colony).

And sorry for the mini-rant here, but I just wanted to point out why Christians believe these strange folk stories and how everything is based upon poorly-made lies. If you want the true origin or interpretation of these stories, I would suggest looking up formal Jewish views on them (ie: asking the question of whether Jews consider the Noah's Ark story to be true, or just a moralistic story). Asking a Christian is not going to get you anywhere (DURRR ITS TRUE CAUSE FISH FOSSILS IN MOUNTAINS DURRR).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 09:26:57 am »
There was a pretty awesome Indiana Jones novel where he discovers Noah's ark on top a frozen mountain. Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge. The thing broke free and they rode it down a mountainside. Better read than the bible story in my opinion.