Author Topic: The Films of 2015: Ant-Man, Avengers, Star Wars, Bond, Terminator, Mad Max, etc  (Read 54394 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Strangely I'm not hyped at all for Avengers 2. I don't know why, I guess I'm a bit tired of the Marvel movies? I was far more hyped for Guardians of the Galaxy, I feel much less interested in seeing the Avengers crew again.

The truth is this a stop gap until the real, bigger event hits. Iron Man 2 had the same problem since it was just a set up for the first Avengers film and this is a set up for the third one.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Right now my most anticipated movies of 2015 are Mad Max and Star Wars. Jurassic World looks pretty good, but the new Terminator makes me want to see it less and less with each new trailer.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
The truth is this a stop gap until the real, bigger event hits. Iron Man 2 had the same problem since it was just a set up for the first Avengers film and this is a set up for the third one.
Which at this point is pretty much Civil War, really. Half of the Avengers are going to pop up in that movie anyway. [spoiler]Including the ones who were added to the team at the end of Age of Ultron.[/spoiler]

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision

I actually really liked Iron Mang 2 though :<
I'm sure I'll enjoy this movie a lot too, but it's just a case of not having that 'hype' like I had for others.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I watched Age of Ultron. Here are some thoughts with no spoilers:

1. Some battles where really well done, mostly in the first half of the film

2. Some interactions with the main cast of heroes is great.

3. Hawkguy gets more screen and we actually find out more about him. A family man and all that. Not bad but going to Hawkguy's house with his family made little to no sense in the grand scheme of the plot. Pretty forced.

4. Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver shouldn't have been in these movies. I didn't care about the characters and really made the plot drag on. Scarlet Witch's mind tricks that turn into flash backs was stupid. I wanted to see the ACTUAL PLOT of the movie, not recaps and crap.

5. Ultron was pretty cool, didn't think I was going to like him, but he was a cool quirky villain and he should have had more screen time and less Scarlet/Quick Silver bullshit.

6. The vision was cool.

7. The movie dragged on too much and was 2 hours. It isn't tightly written.

8. God, the biggest issue with this movie was how Black Widow was written. Its like shes the forced love interest for every male hero in this movies. Just stop. Its fucking lame.

6/10: Its a above average Super Hero movie that is all over the place. It still has its funny moments but instead of focusing on the main cast and villain, we get new characters that take up screen time for no reason other than trying to tie-in to other big movies? Honestly, Marvel needs to stop doing this 'lets add this character into the movie so we can add the character in another movie in 2 years', its just makes the movie I paid for RIGHT NOW, worse.

I love Joss Whedon and some of his comedy comes out in gold in this movie, but those parts are like 25% of the movie. This is probably one of his worse written movies he has done.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Considering they cram all the characters in, how come War Machine never makes an appearance? :(

I'd rather see him come back that Dicksilver and Scarlet Bitch (sick burn).

Offline George

War Machine and Falcon are in the movie.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
I was lucky enough that my country already made a deal to have the movie in selected theathers which put a pre-release window a week before the official International release.

The same happen with Furious 7 and now that movie is already one of the most watched movie in all Argentinian cinema history (2.6 million viewers in 3 weeks!!), beating Oscar-winning El Secreto de sus Ojos ,award-winning Metegol/Foosball and almost reaching the same amount of views for the Oscar nominated / Multi-Award Winning Relatos Salvajes / Wild Tales ( 3.5 million viewers ).

Yeah, my country is crazy with pop culture xD.

You live in Argentina? Awesome.

Anyways, pretty awesome that you guys were able to watch it already. While i'm not hyped about watching it, i'm definitely a Marvel fan so i want to see how well they portray Cap in this one.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
War Machine and Falcon are in the movie.

War Machine being in is cool! Falcon I care very little about. I forgot he was a thing tbh.

Offline George

War Machine being in is cool! Falcon I care very little about. I forgot he was a thing tbh.
Its actually funny how all three black characters in the Marvel movies: Nick Fury, War Machine and Falcon all have very small roles in the movie and felt like they where forced into the movie just to get your 'dose of black characters'. I'm not going to scream racist because honestly, Marvel just doesn't have that diverse class of heroes (like Nick Fury is white for most comics), but they aren't really needed in this already packed movie.

I think the most offensive part is the forced love relationship between Hulk and Black Widow, its like laughably bad. Its a bit sad since Joss Whedon usually is good at writing females. Maybe its just bad because that's how all movies use Black Widow...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Its actually funny how all three black characters in the Marvel movies: Nick Fury, War Machine and Falcon all have very small roles in the movie and felt like they where forced into the movie just to get your 'dose of black characters'. I'm not going to scream racist because honestly, Marvel just doesn't have that diverse class of heroes (like Nick Fury is white for most comics), but they aren't really needed in this already packed movie.

I think the most offensive part is the forced love relationship between Hulk and Black Widow, its like laughably bad. Its a bit sad since Joss Whedon usually is good at writing females. Maybe its just bad because that's how all movies use Black Widow...

Probably a marketing thing. "Hey, we need to make sure more women want to see this film! Chicks like romance right! Put some more romantic sub-plots in there!"

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
(Age of Ultron ending spoilers) [spoiler]Guess that's gonna change from now on with War Machine and Falcon having become part of the Avengers.[/spoiler]

Offline George

(Age of Ultron ending spoilers) [spoiler]Guess that's gonna change from now on with War Machine and Falcon having become part of the Avengers.[/spoiler]
Yeah that was probably the most interesting part of the movie.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Probably a marketing thing. "Hey, we need to make sure more women want to see this film! Chicks like romance right! Put some more romantic sub-plots in there!"

Personally I'm really annoyed that Betty Rose, or basically anyone except Hulk, has magically been erased from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Offline George

Oh yeah, Marvel has completely  fucked up The Hulk. I can see why Edward Norton left and I know a lot of people here laugh at Sony for rebooting Spiderman twice (going on a third time) but Marvel has had 3 actors for The Hulk.

The Hulk is really badly written outside of action scenes. Every time they try to get a plot rolling with him I just roll my eyes at how stupid it is.