Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 249156 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 03:50:21 pm »
Intriguing...what do they mean by Mario Galaxy?

I believe it's the map screen, another article noted that. We'll see each track as an island/floating island on a map in Story mode. The player selects tracks as they would Mario Galaxy planets.

This might point to a Wii U version, as this mode of selecting would work best with a Wiimote.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 03:58:12 pm »
One thing I'm a bit surprised at:

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/04/30/source-reveals-additional-asr-transformed-details/

We also know there was a push to include Kirby in the Nintendo versions, which Nintendo would not sign off on.

Either Mario or Captain Falcon would be good choices for Nintendo guest characters.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 05:27:31 pm »
One thing I'm a bit surprised at:

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/04/30/source-reveals-additional-asr-transformed-details/

Either Mario or Captain Falcon would be good choices for Nintendo guest characters.

Nintendo's pretty protective of their IPs....since the CD-I days anyway ;).

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 10:32:01 pm »
They must not remove Zobio and Zobiko or I will be displeased. Even though their obscured characters, I think people need to give these characters a chance. Remember Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX awhile back? That game really need some recognition. I mean their game is full comedy proof by parodying The Matrix.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 01:07:55 am »
Sounds like it's improving on the original, but I think I'll still pass.

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 03:49:47 am »
looks really really good and I'm excited as hell to play as Vyse, really hope there's some Valkyria/Phantasy Star/Yakuza etc in there too

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 07:47:51 am »
Mademan makes me sad. He think's he'll pass... Such a casual brushing off of a potentially awesome racer. It's not like SEGA makes that many games each year, nor do we see a lot of sequels to the games represented in the All-Stars/Superstars games. I can't see how people can just pass games like this up.

Didn't NSEGA say he has yet to even play the first one? It's like a bargain bin title now. No excuses.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 10:04:36 am »
Added a visual roster to the first post, will update as new characters are revealed.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 10:43:44 am »
Mademan makes me sad. He think's he'll pass... Such a casual brushing off of a potentially awesome racer. It's not like SEGA makes that many games each year, nor do we see a lot of sequels to the games represented in the All-Stars/Superstars games. I can't see how people can just pass games like this up.

Didn't NSEGA say he has yet to even play the first one? It's like a bargain bin title now. No excuses.

I never did like the first one because it did not feel in its essence like a SEGA racing game but closer to what I expect from Nintendo. It is all well and good to say those games by Nintendo are also excellent titles but its not something that attracted me to the company in the first place. Just having characters represented is not enough, the core of the gameplay that makes me love SEGA racers/driving games has to be there and I did not feel that was the case with the original so I can see where Mang is coming from (Ironically I can remember his intial reaction for the original was extremely positive and Sanus' was extremely negative, then eventually switched roles heh)

If I feel like that with this title, I would also brush it aside. Obviously after giving it a fair chance of course.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 10:49:22 am »
I never did like the first one because it did not feel in its essence like a SEGA racing game but closer to what I expect from Nintendo. It is all well and good to say those games by Nintendo are also excellent titles but its not something that attracted me to the company in the first place. Just having characters represented is not enough, the core of the gameplay that makes me love SEGA racers/driving games has to be there and I did not feel that was the case with the original so I can see where Mang is coming from (Ironically I can remember his intial reaction for the original was extremely positive and Sanus' was extremely negative, then eventually switched roles heh)

If I feel like that with this title, I would also brush it aside. Obviously after giving it a fair chance of course.
Even if Joe Musashi and Cain get included? D:

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 11:12:24 am »
Even if Joe Musashi and Cain get included? D:

Well it would just be just in appearence. Joe Musashi was in Shinobi 3DS, I did not get quite the thrill I was expecting!

For me, I dislike most racers but SEGA ones always have this mix of style and gameplay that made me love them. I did not quite find that with the original but would not hold it against anyone looking for another fun time in this sequel. That being said I must rather have courses stayed one vehicle specific, not change on the fly, it really is not something that I think I would find that enjoyable.

Offline stevetheman90

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Welcome to the 'Fantasy Zone'! Get Ready!
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 02:14:30 pm »
The return of Gilius Thunderhead the Golden Axe legend! "By my balls"

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 07:35:17 pm »

You make it sound like I should be buying Sega games just because they are made by Sega. I only buy games I think I will actually enjoy (I haven't bought a Sonic game since Unleashed for example).

I mean, I wasn't interested in the first game due to a lot of reasons. The choices in tracks and characters were laughably bad (Billy Hatcher. I will never get over that one.) and it was basically just Mario Kart: Sonic Edition. The gameplay looked okay, but the weapons (particularly the comeback weapons for coming last) and overall gameplay decisions (drift button...) just turned me right off.

This one sounds like they are making some improvements to the stuff I didn't like, but nothing that really blows my skirt up and makes me want to play it.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 08:57:02 pm »
I loved Mario Kart and I love OutRun and the first game felt like a mixture of both, it was one of my favourite games of 2010! It was awesome!
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »
Sorry Mademan but one of your biggest complaints over All-Stars Racing was that if you hit the wall you stopped drifting. I dunno what to tell you, maybe you just don't like the idea of playing Outrun Kart game.