Author Topic: The Best and The Worst Years of Your Life  (Read 4951 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
The Best and The Worst Years of Your Life
« on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:30 pm »

Pic semi-related...

Well, I guess it's a topic that I've been mulling over the past 7 days since I started my new job. What were the best and what were the best years so far... Granted that nobody knows that the future will be, but so far...

First, out with the worst:

Number 1 - 2006: F*** this year. I was in a very dark place that year.
Number 2 - 2005: Everything that led to 2006 being the worst year of my entire life started here.
Number 3 - 2010: I lost a pet that was very close to me.
Number 4 - 2012: Lost my job, had several job interviews that went nowhere and freelance work was almost non-existent back then;
Number 5 - 2001: Dreamcast died, leaving the hardware bussiness and a few unfortunate incidents;

That's enough of that depressing crap...

Number 1 - 2011: Got my first real job;
Number 2 - 2003: Easiest year in College ever;
Number 3 - 2004: After nearly three months of sacrifice and getting up early at 6am, I managed to get my driver's license;
Number 4 - 2008: Made significant progress in College and The Dark Knight;
Number 5 - 1992: Got a SEGA Genesis with Sonic The Hedgehog;
Number 6 - 2000: Shenmue, what else?
Number 7 - 1999: How the SEGA Dreamcast got me through High School;

I'm sure I can fill in a few extra really good years, but right now I'm kinda rusty.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: The Best and The Worst Years of Your Life
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:36:11 pm »

Haha, I swear this place is more and more becoming a support group for Sega fans.

2005/2006, I know that feel bro. They were the worst years of my life too.

2005 was the setup and 2006 was the knock out. Along with a whole bunch of crappy occurrences, my cousin died that year. He was a die-hard sega fan and the only person I knew at the time who could match me in VF. He never lived to see VF5 in person which I know he would have freaked over if he played it (like I do). I main Jacky in honour of him as that was his main.   

Can't believe I'm sharing that. Oh, sorry, forgot. I'm Randroid and I'm a Sega addict

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:58:38 am »
I wont go crazy in depth...

-Childhood is a blur at this point.
-Good times, 1999 - 2002, Dreamcast Era. Very good time for me.
-Bad times, 2003 - 2004 Last years of High school, was very unhappy with life.
-I have no recollection of 2005.
-The best years, 2006 - 2012. I was very happy, had my girlfriend and my life was pretty easy.
-End of 2012 until 2013, worst year of my life. Everything fell apart, girlfriend left me, got depressed, stopped everything I loved and gave up.

It seems like happiness comes in cycles for me, I hope it isnt long until I've got it good again. ;)
Made by SEGA

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 09:55:29 pm »
- when i was a child i was pretty happy with life, but looking back it was still pretty bad

- teenage years were definitely the worst part of my life, lots of depression and stuff

- around now, after all those silly teenager like feelings have finally left me, I'm starting to like life. I've been making good progress towards some goals, especially within this past year or so. Also coming to terms with who I am and to make the best of it, can't be someone I wasn't made to be. Of course that doesn't mean I can't improve myself, but no more silly dreams, time to concentrate on the reality and make myself happy by improving myself.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 11:06:56 am »
Well, don't want to get into full detail, my life has been all over the place.

Grew up extremely poor, my dad worked at a milk factory for most of my childhood. 7 kids in a 1 bedroom house, pretty horrible.

Always fucked with because of my height and weight, i was 5'0 even during my freshman year of high school.

Went through some depression because of friends making bad choices and overdosing on drugs.

Had a lot of relationships that i didn't care about, until i met my wife in College. Got married at the age of 22, went through a lot of difficult stuff through my first year of marriage. I'd rather not go into full detail because i'd rather not think about it, but we almost split up. Lost my job, lost my home for a while, but after about 2 months of being lost mentally and physically, i patched things up with my wife. We now have a beautiful 2 month old and i have a pretty good job, good enough to pay the bills and still have some luxuries. The only place i can go from here is higher.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:30:38 am »
Best year was 2005 most likely. The psycho in my class never returned, I actually started making friends who didn't have my by the handcuffs and I just felt overall happier.

Worst year was 2009....I still haven't recovered from some sick fucks joke....

Great years were 1995 to 1998. I was in a certain school and had decent friends.

1999 to 2001 was okay...but I felt like I shouldn't have moved to that school.

2001 to 2004 were pretty bad. Bullied, peer pressured with odd "friends", and just weren't very happy in general.

2012 was a good year until two bitches upset me, where one decided to ignore me for good and I ignored the other for good due to the betrayals.

This yearis pretty shit too to be honest, but at least 2014 has hope.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

3raser

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 02:01:40 pm »
Mine actually have a pattern. Anything ending with 3 or 9 are bad years. Anything ending with 5 or 0 are good years. Example - 2010 was a good year. 2013 is a bad year.

I'm not sure why it's always like that.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 04:09:13 am »
My best years were probably from the age of 14 to like 17. So around 2004 to 2007. Great years where I carelessly was just having fun. Having my first girlfriend and just always having stuff to do with the group of friends I had. A lot of drinks and weed were also part of that period lol, but that stuff can really have a bad effect in the long term I noticed.

After my first heartbreak which happened around 2007, I don't know but it really changed me. Maybe it was a combination of me growing up at that period as well. And a lot of those "friends" which I had a lot of fun hanging out with, started to look like dicks to me. When it came down to it they wouldn't really care about me, and were just really selfish. I started building a mentality of that as an individual, no matter who you are(well except for relatives), you can't tell me what to do or how I should feel about the way I treat you. If you respect me I will respect you. Just because you did something for me doesn't make me owe you anything. Making me feel like I do just takes away all the "goodwill" off of those actions. But I noticed very few people actually just do stuff out of goodwill, and while they may tell you they are, they will bring up the stuff they did for you to make a point or get something out of it. Strange since you never asked for it yet all of a sudden you owe someone something. I am not an ungrateful person so you'll notice when I am without asking. But the other way around when I do something for someone, I won't do it to expect anything back either.

So yeah a lot of philosophizing(if that's the right word) was happening during that time  heh

During 2008 I started picking up my life again and being more serious about my future which involved mostly studying. It was a lot boring than before alright, but I was fine with it. As long your doing something you will always meet interesting people at least.

After that I think I just didn't see much satisfaction in the thought of doing something crazy to enjoy myself. Because really that is mostly implied by others. In order to "live" you gotta stop caring and just do whatever without it mattering being bad or potentially harmful. But to me I always had people I can reflect upon, which were the friends I stopped hanging out with. Reflect upon in the sense that I really didn't wanna be part of that type of group anymore. I'm sure there's a lot of goodhearted people out there as well. Met a lot of them too, but it just didn't satisfy me anymore.

I know this all sounds boring and the next will probably sound boring as well. But I feel like I am in a phase now where I just wanna settle down and start a family. I think that's when I may be truly satisfied so i'm working on getting a good base of income
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:53:42 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 05:44:40 am »
lol Most people have done more interesting things than I have!

I have never smoked (weed or normal cigs), only drink at weekends and not really had a relationship.  ;D

Although I did have some crazy friends (perhaps too crazy? my family don't trust my friends)
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.