Author Topic: The "Check out this new trailer" thread  (Read 208746 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: The "Check out this new trailer" thread
« Reply #375 on: November 24, 2021, 07:56:50 pm »
I did not count mobile games, because I often wonder if they're by the third-party developers of the game than Sega themselves.

The ones come from Japan (Chain Chronicle, Sonic Runners, Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei, Idola Phantasy Star Saga) were from SEGA themselves.
The one from western, has to be divided into two categories :
1. Original SEGA franchises (Chuchu Rocket Universe, Sonic Dash, Sonic Forces, SEGA Heroes) usually made by second parties (SEGA Hardlight, Demiurge, Three Rings, etc).
2. Acquired SEGA franchises (Total War, Company of Heroes) usually made by third parties.

The new Shining Force mobile is kinda exception though.
The franchise is being lent out to third party.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #376 on: November 24, 2021, 08:13:58 pm »
Do those Sega games have Christmas events?

Offline Berto

« Reply #377 on: November 24, 2021, 11:04:29 pm »
Do those Sega games have Christmas events?

Yes for FTPs (Chain Chronicle, Idola Phantasy Star Saga, Sonic Dash, Sonic Forces, SEGA Heroes)

No for paid games (Football Manager, ROME: Total War, Company of Heroes, Alien: Isolation)

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #378 on: November 24, 2021, 11:41:01 pm »
Yes for FTPs (Chain Chronicle, Idola Phantasy Star Saga, Sonic Dash, Sonic Forces, SEGA Heroes)

The reason why I quesiton if these games count or not is because these games were developed by third-party developers and produced by Sega. As in Sega asked them to make and run these games and they will put it out there for them. Because of that are these Christmas events decided upon by the developers or Sega?

I mean, why does Speed Battle get a Christmas event, but not Sonic Forces or Team Sonic Racing?

Offline Berto

« Reply #379 on: November 25, 2021, 02:17:58 am »
The reason why I quesiton if these games count or not is because these games were developed by third-party developers and produced by Sega. As in Sega asked them to make and run these games and they will put it out there for them. Because of that are these Christmas events decided upon by the developers or Sega?

I mean, why does Speed Battle get a Christmas event, but not Sonic Forces or Team Sonic Racing?

I guess it's the nature of the FTP games... that they have to make events regularly so that people still stay in the game and hopefully  spend money on micro transaction.
Paid games wouldn't generate more money if they make event since there is no micro transaction there.
All people who played the game already pay in the front.
The most effective way for them to generate money from paid games is by making DLCs or discounts/sales, to attract new players.

Offline Berto

« Reply #380 on: November 25, 2021, 02:18:51 am »
Clockwork Aquario - New Official Trailer (ESRB Version)
Release date : November 30 in Europe, December 14 in North America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YbN_pnWass

Offline Berto

« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2021, 02:26:35 am »
Nurgle vs Slaanesh Gameplay Battle Trailer | Total War: WARHAMMER III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFUeGXvF4tY

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2021, 08:44:32 am »
I guess it's the nature of the FTP games... that they have to make events regularly so that people still stay in the game and hopefully  spend money on micro transaction.
Paid games wouldn't generate more money if they make event since there is no micro transaction there.
All people who played the game already pay in the front.
The most effective way for them to generate money from paid games is by making DLCs or discounts/sales, to attract new players.
I just wished they'd puteffort into events like they did for the Sonic Adventure games.

(Granted I used some mods in that picture but Sega did the Christmas trees and music.)

Offline Berto

« Reply #383 on: November 28, 2021, 12:21:28 am »
I dig the idea, but that would be costly.
I don't think they would do that unless if it's a paid DLC or expansion.

Offline Berto

« Reply #384 on: November 28, 2021, 12:50:39 am »
An All Out Fight'N Rage / Streets of Rage Crossover is Here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oIYzMFrD8

From the mind of savok, the powerhouse behind the River City Girls… of Rage hack, comes his next big crossover, SOR2 Fight’N Rage.
Play as Ricardo, F. Norris, or Gal in a universe sporting a full replacement of SOR2 baddies in favor of those from Fight’N Rage. 

Source : http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=33868
Download the patch here : http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6360/

Offline Berto

« Reply #385 on: November 28, 2021, 08:05:33 am »
Japan Game Awards 2020 'Award for Excellence' Winner, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, is Coming to Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIGKmDAeWxI

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will release for Nintendo Switch on April 14, 2022 in Japan, and April 12, 2022 in the West.
Vanillaware, the storytellers behind Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown, craft a sci-fi mystery epic spanning thirteen intertwining stories.

Uncover the truth and delve into a 2D sidescrolling adventure featuring gorgeous art and environments. Then, battle the kaiju in fast-paced, top-down combat.
Customize the Sentinels with an arsenal of mechsuit weaponry, and fight to defend humanity!

Link : https://atlus.com/13sentinels/lang/en/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #386 on: November 28, 2021, 03:55:29 pm »
I dig the idea, but that would be costly.
I don't think they would do that unless if it's a paid DLC or expansion.

I'd totally pay for such DLCs no problem. It's not unheard of to spend real money on expansions that are Holiday specific. Sure you may not want to play a Christmas DLC during July but it's there when you want it, and like most Christmas specials, can be played again and again for many Christmasses after.

Like me wondering around a snow-covered Station Square for no with Christmas-mod characters.

Offline Berto

« Reply #387 on: November 28, 2021, 06:31:51 pm »
Yup, but the fact that SEGA doesn't make more of this might be because the sale weren't too good.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #388 on: November 28, 2021, 07:19:00 pm »
Yup, but the fact that SEGA doesn't make more of this might be because the sale weren't too good.

It's a damn shame because the fact people are still making mods for Halloween and Christmas means they could of done the exact same things for themselves and stick a price tag on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwU3yxEjYzw

Offline Berto

« Reply #389 on: November 28, 2021, 09:43:44 pm »
That would be illegal.
Publisher would ignore mods as long as they are free,
but when money's involved,
their lawyer would come to mods maker.