Author Topic: Golden Axe - Official Thread  (Read 108984 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Golden Axe - Official Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2022, 11:15:06 am »
SMS Golden Axe Tyris Flare Edition Project
Hack of Golden Axe for Sega Master System

This is a ROM hack that replaces Ax Battler (Tarik), with Tyris Flare, for the Sega Master System version of Golden Axe.
This hack also replaces pretty much every graphic in the game, as well.

Link : https://www.smspower.org/forums/18151-SMSGoldenAxeTyrisFlareEditionROMHack

Golden Axe Tyris Flare Edition for SEGA Master System is finished now
Physical version will be shipped on June 2022

Hey, with xfixium participation
I'm glad to present you the physical version of Golden Axe Tyris Edition!
52 euro including worldwide shipping cost (49 euro for France).
Payment by bank transfer.
Shipping plan for end of June.
Contact me at: mmmrevolution@gmail.com

Link : https://www.smspower.org/forums/18151-SMSGoldenAxeTyrisFlareEditionROMHack
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 03:47:05 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2022, 11:20:13 am »
In my head, I imagine a new formula on how to reintroduce the Golden Axe series to a modern audience.

My first idea was to reintroduce the trilogy in full-3D with Musou-style gameplay. I figured it's because the original games were hack 'n slash beat 'em ups and that a Musou-style gameplay would compliment that. But I recall you saying that there are tons of Musou-style games on the market and I guess I've been under a rock for not really noticing them.
The second idea was Arkham-style gameplay where the player can take on groups of enemies by dispatching individuals quickly, oftem with micro-QTE during the fight. That may work but recall Beast Riders doing something similar.
The games would be semi-linear similar to pre-BotW Zelda games where exploration is still encouraged but still a linear route to travel. Or the very least semi-open like Arkham Asylum and Arkham City was...  I mean those Arkham games were technically open-world but still set n a rather inclined space.

The story would be the same in the games, though I may expand on it to how the trio met and introduce Golden Axe III characters later on as allies or something like that.

At least if I worked with Sega, or was one of the third-party developers they've allowed to remake their games (Such as MegaPixel or Dotemu), that how I would introduce Golden Axe to today's audience.

Then there is my "GoldEdge" game idea which would be a spin-off sequel and re-adaption of Golden Axe Warrior. The gameplay in mind would be open-world, such as BrĂ¼tal Legend or Elden Ring. It would take the enclosed areas in the main series and expand upon them in this revised open-world.
It could still roughly tell the same story as Golden Axe Warrior but I would want to replace those nine crystals with nine "Gold Edge weapons". You know how in post-classic Zelda games when you enter a dungeon you would find a weapon or a tool needed for progression and when you defeat the boss you get a mcguffin needed for the story? Gold Edge weapons are both of those.

At least that's how I would resurrect the Golden axe series.

I like most of your story idea.
I'll probably add some twist (golden axe being evil being or Death Adder turned out to be Ax Battler's long lost brother) but of course if it's a twist it shouldn't be spoiled either.
The thing is if TMNT Shredder's Revenge is a success, there is a chance that Golden Axe Remake would be happened through them.
If it's happened, I bet the story would be as simple as SOR4. Just regular good vs evil story.

Offline Berto

« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2022, 11:40:24 am »
Storm Collectible Gilius Thinderhead Figure Diorama

Source : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063671372095

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2022, 04:50:20 pm »
I like most of your story idea.
I'll probably add some twist (golden axe being evil being or Death Adder turned out to be Ax Battler's long lost brother) but of course if it's a twist it shouldn't be spoiled either.
The thing is if TMNT Shredder's Revenge is a success, there is a chance that Golden Axe Remake would be happened through them.
If it's happened, I bet the story would be as simple as SOR4. Just regular good vs evil story.
Well, I don't want to spoil all my ideas, but given I doubt I'll do anything with it...

In my GoldEdge game idea, whenever you retrieve one of the Gold Edge weapons, you may run across a character who is like a cross between Ghirahim and the Joker from Batman: Arkham Knight.
He suppose to raise red flags with his mannerisms but like most everyone in the game he encourages you to collect each of the Gold Edge Weapons. Every weapon retrieve he reappears to congratulate you while golden pieces of armour is added to him.

The big reveal turns out he is Dark Guld, the spirit bound to the axe. He'll be a boss before or after Death=Adder as part of means of purifying the axe of evil or something like that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2022, 12:28:46 pm »
Well, I don't want to spoil all my ideas, but given I doubt I'll do anything with it...

In my GoldEdge game idea, whenever you retrieve one of the Gold Edge weapons, you may run across a character who is like a cross between Ghirahim and the Joker from Batman: Arkham Knight.
He suppose to raise red flags with his mannerisms but like most everyone in the game he encourages you to collect each of the Gold Edge Weapons. Every weapon retrieve he reappears to congratulate you while golden pieces of armour is added to him.

The big reveal turns out he is Dark Guld, the spirit bound to the axe. He'll be a boss before or after Death=Adder as part of means of purifying the axe of evil or something like that.

Now, that's a twist I can enjoy, though I don't like Dark Guld that much.
(I still prefer Death Bringer or the headless armor than him)

Has Dark Guld and Death Adder ever interacted to each other?
As far as I remember they never did in game version,
but I forgot about the STC comic book version.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2022, 02:30:41 pm »
Now, that's a twist I can enjoy, though I don't like Dark Guld that much.
(I still prefer Death Bringer or the headless armor than him)

Has Dark Guld and Death Adder ever interacted to each other?
As far as I remember they never did in game version,
but I forgot about the STC comic book version.
I don't think Dark Guld and Death Adder has ever interacted. All I know about Dark Guld (and why I chosen him as the axe-bound spirit) is that he was one of the titans present at the titanomachy that the Golden Axe brought to an end. And I can't help but notice his black and gold armour and his name which makes me wonder if Dark Guld has something to do with the axe. Maybe the axe originally belonged to him? Maybe he forged the axe? Maybe he was the first warlord to take the axe? I dunno. Just his name and his armour makes me believe he has a deep connection with the axe. At least that's my thought on the matter. It's likely Sega just made him up to replace Death=Adder and that's it, nothing more.

Offline Berto

« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2022, 06:35:39 am »
I can't help but notice his black and gold armour and his name which makes me wonder if Dark Guld has something to do with the axe. Maybe the axe originally belonged to him? Maybe he forged the axe? Maybe he was the first warlord to take the axe? I dunno. Just his name and his armour makes me believe he has a deep connection with the axe. At least that's my thought on the matter.

Yes, black and gold armour does have matching color with golden axe.

It's likely Sega just made him up to replace Death=Adder and that's it, nothing more.

That's the nature of arcade games.
Well, Golden Axe II is console game, but it has arcade-like nature.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2022, 06:43:35 am »
Yes, black and gold armour does have matching color with golden axe.

That's the nature of arcade games.
Well, Golden Axe II is console game, but it has arcade-like nature.
Eitherway, in my GoldEdge game idea, I like to imagine Dark Guld as some sort of eerie spirit bounded to the axe. He still encourages the player to progress, maybe even gives them advice or direction if it comes to collecting the weapons in a specific order of things.

Offline Berto

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2022, 07:11:02 am »
Eitherway, in my GoldEdge game idea, I like to imagine Dark Guld as some sort of eerie spirit bounded to the axe. He still encourages the player to progress, maybe even gives them advice or direction if it comes to collecting the weapons in a specific order of things.

Like Navi in the Zelda OOT then? But with a twist.

Offline Berto

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2022, 07:30:29 am »
Golden Axe Tyris Edition (SEGA Master System) - Final Version Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl9nJLnwqUg

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2022, 04:02:16 pm »
Like Navi in the Zelda OOT then? But with a twist.

More like Kaepora Gaebora and how h shows up as an owl after every dungeon or temple to inform Link where to go next.

Offline Berto

« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2022, 08:38:29 pm »
More like Kaepora Gaebora and how h shows up as an owl after every dungeon or temple to inform Link where to go next.

Ooh.. Male version of Longclaw...

Offline Berto

« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2022, 12:01:59 am »
Golden Axe - A Legacy of Missed Opportunities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr9Qo1iBMF4

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2022, 06:07:34 am »
Ooh.. Male version of Longclaw...

Male creepy version of Longclaw... and nothing like Longclaw I guess. Will wear golden armour.

I'm imagining Dark Guld more like Ghirahim.
Elegant...

...yet creepy.

Offline Berto

« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2022, 08:08:59 pm »
Male creepy version of Longclaw... and nothing like Longclaw I guess. Will wear golden armour.

I'm imagining Dark Guld more like Ghirahim.
Elegant...

...yet creepy.

Man, he reminds me of Dark Falz Theatre from Idola Phantasy Star Saga.
Smart, wise, but creepy as hell....