Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 236697 times)

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #630 on: September 06, 2017, 08:11:48 pm »
I checked out that Glen guy's Pocket Gamer article and saw all his replies were deleted.

Though he still has this tweet up: https://twitter.com/foxy_glen/status/902280617664147456

Must've got smoked in the comments. 
Be like water.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #631 on: September 07, 2017, 01:51:26 am »
Must've got smoked in the comments.

One of long time Pocket Gamer reviewer, Emily Sowden, is a SEGA fan.
I bet she talked some sense into him.

---------

Anyway on another topic, check this out..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-Mania-Nintendo-Switch-Custom-Case-with-Sleeve-Art-no-game-included-/322707743748?hash=item4b22e16404:g:vmkAAOSwm-pZq4YP

Who'd ever guess Sonic Mania's custom case could be worth more than the game itself.
May be because blank switch box case is still hard to find.

Offline Berto

« Reply #632 on: September 10, 2017, 07:22:07 pm »

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #633 on: September 11, 2017, 12:32:34 am »
I'm 28, I still get harassed by my neighbors on a daily basis, Sonic is one of the few things in my life that I can go back to and just forget about it.  Thanks Sega.  Just don't mess with it.  You take away what entertainment and escapism I have when you do.  If something is good, then don't change it.  It's like that for me when it comes to Marvel, Star Wars, Anime and Manga, or any game I played growing up.  Especially since many of those were with my family or my friend who passed away in 2014.  Shining Force was what inspired me to draw comics with him when we were just around 11 years old well into our teens.  Star Wars Episode 3 was a movie we saw that we thought wrapped up the franchise perfectly.  But no.  Disney had other plans.  Episode 7 copies episode 4 yet ignores what made episode 4 great in the first place.  Say what you will about the prequels, they had heart and felt like they tied into Star Wars as a whole.  Don't mess with something that works.  Look at the later Shining games.  They were totally different from the older games on the Genesis and people hated them for it.  Look at Final Fantasy.  Sonic is no different to me.  You change something from it's core values so drastically, it's like you cut the heart out of it.  All that hard work and passion that went into it, GONE.  This is why I want SatAM to come back so badly.  IDW has freedom and range with it's intellectual properties based on older franchises proving they still work for today's kids.  MLP, transformers, TMNT.  all older cartoons meant to sell toys in the 80s brought back stronger than ever for today.  Sonic Boom will be very dated.  SatAM however is cool enough to be entertaining today like those other shows.  With all the sci fi in today's tv and movies, how can it not work?  I saw the vector episode of sonic boom today, and the first 20 seconds in I immediately switched out.  The forced banter about Amy's hammer and Knuckles not being able to remember he has hands was too much.  I'm sorry.  that's terrible.  that is not funny at all.  Mike Pollock keeps defending it, but it's his paycheck at stake.  I get that.  Sega of Japan, please.... listen to this poor fanboy.  Please let Sonic be cool.  Please let the new comic be cool.  Please let Modern Sonic be cool like Classic Sonic in Sonic Mania.  Please understand why the older characters worked.  Please understand how much the Freedom Fighters mean to me.  Please.  PLEASE.
Be like water.

Offline Berto

« Reply #634 on: September 11, 2017, 04:03:30 am »
I'm 28, I still get harassed by my neighbors on a daily basis, Sonic is one of the few things in my life that I can go back to and just forget about it.  Thanks Sega.

Your neighbors harass you on a daily basis?
Why???

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #635 on: September 14, 2017, 11:55:29 am »
https://youtu.be/Yxu7M4hWsyQ

I think the games shaping up to be decent. My only real concern is just a suspicion that the acts might be quite linear instead of multi pathed like Mania and Generations. I don't know why, but I can see them being linear because they've got three versions of each act - classic Sonic, Modern Sonic and the avatars. If what you say is true about infinte plucking old enemies out of time, then I guess that explains why Classic Sonic is there to an extent...he might of got plucked out by accident or something.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:24:13 pm by Tad »

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #636 on: September 14, 2017, 08:23:12 pm »
Your neighbors harass you on a daily basis?
Why???

i live in the ghetto.  i can't even invite people to my place for games n junk.  used to be able to. 
Be like water.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #637 on: September 14, 2017, 08:27:46 pm »
https://youtu.be/Yxu7M4hWsyQ

I think the games shaping up to be decent. My only real concern is just a suspicion that the acts might be quite linear instead of multi pathed like Mania and Generations. I don't know why, but I can see them being linear because they've got three versions of each act - classic Sonic, Modern Sonic and the avatars. If what you say is true about infinte plucking old enemies out of time, then I guess that explains why Classic Sonic is there to an extent...he might of got plucked out by accident or something.

the levels do look linear even in the 3D stages.  But I am happy to see more story.   It sorta resembles old modern sonic, that aint a bad thing.  But gameplay just looks like run, attack a group of enemies, run, grab a bunch of rings, run, ect.  pretty basic.  But whatever, this is for the kids.  :p 
Be like water.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #639 on: September 23, 2017, 11:11:21 pm »
Thanks for posting, Tad. I'm really digging the new footage for Forces. It's starting to remind me of Sonic Adventure somehow.

And that eye SEGA logo at the end is cool. I saw a sweet vid called Amazing Sega being played at the end of their TGS Press yesterday, i'll post it here. I couldn't understand it, but thought it was cool, found one with subs, not sure if you guys have seen it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auuC4B-PKCg

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:14:38 pm by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Berto

« Reply #640 on: October 03, 2017, 01:39:19 am »
A tribute ?

Offline Berto

« Reply #641 on: October 25, 2017, 08:07:19 pm »
I don't get this trailer at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8hps9Thcw

Who's the guy on Sonic's costume supposed to be? Aaron (Sonic Twitter guy)? Custom char on Sonic Forces?

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #642 on: October 26, 2017, 01:19:27 pm »
Sonic forces has been a trainwreck

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #643 on: October 27, 2017, 01:54:26 am »
Played the demo on PS4. Its really good, and more Sonic Gen only with 60 fps and some lovely GFX. Not to taken on the Avtar section, but even that part was decent.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #644 on: October 28, 2017, 12:45:59 pm »
Sonic forces has been a trainwreck

How so? Fans will always bitch about 3D Sonic games, and TBH it's a vocal minority. Most people are just aware of a 3D Sonic game called Sonic Forces releasing soon and it looks like Generations. SEGA could market the game more, and should, as from what I've seen from the first hour of gameplay the game is pretty cool looking.