Author Topic: You can only revive one, Eternal Champions style  (Read 8228 times)

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
You can only revive one, Eternal Champions style
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:19:06 am »
If you had to pick one Sega franchise to bring back, which one would it be and what kind of game?  For me, I would really like to see another Comix Zone.  It should stay in 2D unless it's a 3D Yakuza style beat em up.  But 2D could really benefit from traditional animation for all the sprites, giving the animation a nice smooth flow.  The backgrounds would be hand drawn as well, making it look like a real comic book.  If 3D though it should be cel shaded but still have word balloons pop up above the characters as they fight with voices included.  I think that would be really awesome.   8)

For the 3D version's story, maybe the bad guys could escape the comic and attack the city and Sketch has to beat em up to put them back in the comic book?  Maybe have Sketch break the 4th wall with comic book references like in Deadpool?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:23:11 am by Shun-Di »
Be like water.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: You can only revive one, Eternal Champions style
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:05:26 am »
I would love to see Jet Set Radio make a return, BUT it would have to be the original team. I was not a fan of that pitch not too long ago where it was a Wii game by western developers. Keep JSR Japanese developed and expand on the JSRF formula. What with Sunset Overdrive and Hover: Revolt of Gamers I really think there is a market for the game.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 03:12:34 pm »
I would love to see Jet Set Radio make a return, BUT it would have to be the original team. I was not a fan of that pitch not too long ago where it was a Wii game by western developers. Keep JSR Japanese developed and expand on the JSRF formula. What with Sunset Overdrive and Hover: Revolt of Gamers I really think there is a market for the game.

I agree.  keep the same kind of attitude, art style, and music.
Be like water.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 04:08:02 pm »
It's a crime that we never got a new Comix Zone or Jet Set.

To add to that list, I'd do new Streets of Rage. Give it to Platinum, Yuzo doing the music. Slam dunk! I was mulling whether RGG team would do it better since Yakuza is halfway there, but I think Street of Rage should be more over the top than serious and Platinum would handle that better. Damn, now I don't know again. Anyways either one of those two should do it.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 05:01:11 pm »
It's a crime that we never got a new Comix Zone or Jet Set.

To add to that list, I'd do new Streets of Rage. Give it to Platinum, Yuzo doing the music. Slam dunk! I was mulling whether RGG team would do it better since Yakuza is halfway there, but I think Street of Rage should be more over the top than serious and Platinum would handle that better. Damn, now I don't know again. Anyways either one of those two should do it.

Yuzo Koshiro is the man.  For sure he needs to come back for it.
Be like water.

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »
Jet Set Radio as well.
I imagined the game design to be like Future with more modern features. You can find fellow GG's out and about and you can start side missions to get to know them. You can earn money through skating challenges, item collecting and rival gang encounters and spend it on clothes and other junk.

I would also like to see Crazy Taxi 4. My pick for the next city is Chicago-style, around the Loop business district. The game could throw some challenge options like weather change, day and night shifts, traffic and construction zones, bridges goes up and down.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 08:30:33 pm »
Jet Set Radio as well.
I imagined the game design to be like Future with more modern features. You can find fellow GG's out and about and you can start side missions to get to know them. You can earn money through skating challenges, item collecting and rival gang encounters and spend it on clothes and other junk.

I would also like to see Crazy Taxi 4. My pick for the next city is Chicago-style, around the Loop business district. The game could throw some challenge options like weather change, day and night shifts, traffic and construction zones, bridges goes up and down.

Chicago sounds chaotic enough.  XD Totally up for that!
Be like water.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 01:02:51 am »
Just throwing this out there, but I'm surprised Sega didn't try making a Golden Axe game in the style of Dark Souls. The art style is brighter, but beyond that everything else is in place and can easily be reimagined.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 02:33:50 am »
Just throwing this out there, but I'm surprised Sega didn't try making a Golden Axe game in the style of Dark Souls. The art style is brighter, but beyond that everything else is in place and can easily be reimagined.

I hope they do that someday.   :-D   I loved Dark Souls 3.  I think the setting for Golden Axe would be a perfect fit. 
Be like water.

Offline MercenaryOne

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 02:00:56 pm »
Langrisser, I still hook up my Genesis to play Langrisser 1 & 2.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 11:21:22 pm »
Langrisser, I still hook up my Genesis to play Langrisser 1 & 2.

But Langrisser have been revived on 3DS...  ???

Offline Dreampool

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 07:06:58 pm »
I got some ideas:

Virtua Ninja
A stealth video game starring Kage-Maru. In this spin-off of the Virtua Fighter series, Kage-Maru teams up with Joe Musashi/Shinobi and attempts to infiltrate the elusive Judgement 6 organization.

Outrigger: Future Warfare
A reboot of the original Outrigger on the DC. This first-person shooter & third-person shooter video game would be developed by Platinum Games, the same folks who designed Vanquish.

Crazy Taxi: Refueled
In this version, you can moonlight as a Getaway driver for criminals. Kinda like the Jason Statham from the Transporter series.

Jet Set Switch
A new JSR game developed for the Nintendo Switch.

Skies of Arcadia II
More Treasure, more pirates, more sky. But less instant battles.

Sega GT Unleashed
A reboot of  the classic sim racing game on the DC.

Sonic Adventure Zero
'Nuff said.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 07:38:07 pm »
I got some ideas:

Virtua Ninja
A stealth video game starring Kage-Maru. In this spin-off of the Virtua Fighter series, Kage-Maru teams up with Joe Musashi/Shinobi and attempts to infiltrate the elusive Judgement 6 organization.

(So original Shinobi or PS2 era Shinobi?)

Outrigger: Future Warfare
A reboot of the original Outrigger on the DC. This first-person shooter & third-person shooter video game would be developed by Platinum Games, the same folks who designed Vanquish.

Crazy Taxi: Refueled
In this version, you can moonlight as a Getaway driver for criminals. Kinda like the Jason Statham from the Transporter series.

(Or the Driver series.)

Jet Set Switch
A new JSR game developed for the Nintendo Switch.

(I like that title alot.  It's really catchy)

Skies of Arcadia II
More Treasure, more pirates, more sky. But less instant battles.

(It's a sequel!  MORE INTENSE!!!)

Sega GT Unleashed
A reboot of  the classic sim racing game on the DC.

(Make it a yearly release with updates.  :D )

Sonic Adventure Zero
'Nuff said.
Be like water.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 07:39:13 pm »
I'd rather Knux have his own game and have a Sonic Adventure 3 instead.  If you have a game with mostly emerald stages, people are gonna be upset.
Be like water.

Offline Asha

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 01:24:20 am »

King Colossus (Sega's best RPG imo) in the same style of the modern "classic" Zelda games like A Link Between Worlds but with a much darker aesthetic.