Author Topic: Blah Blah Blah  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Blah Blah Blah
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:16:48 pm »
Do you speak any other language(s) besides English?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Blah Blah Blah
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 11:12:43 pm »
Spanish, but that's basically the same just add a o in the end of English words.

Righto?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:29:35 am »
Spanish isn't really a language tho. There are many types of language under Spanish, all of them with significant differences.

I speak Portuguese, a bit of Castellano, can understand some basic French as well.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 09:52:33 am »
I'm starting to learn Russian and Chinese so I'm ready for the inevitable time one of them takes control.

;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:22:58 pm by Tad »

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 08:50:01 pm »
Do you speak any other language(s) besides English?

Yeah, Indonesian and Javanese.

I wished I learned Japanese too back then if I know there'd be too many SEGA games stay in Japan.
I'm too lazy to learn any language now.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 11:25:48 pm »
Japanese is really tough to learn. My friend studied it at uni, and even now there's still loads to learn as it's technically not just 1 or 2 languages. On top of that, each word changes depending on tone and meaning.

Then there's trying to write/read it which in itself is a separate study.

Basically, the language is a mess that feels like it's had additions added by means of sellotape and glue.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:31:08 pm by Tad »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 08:21:02 pm »
Wasn't sure where to make this post, as we don't seem to have a general post random stuff topic anymore. I didn't want to create a new topic either.

Just wanted to say, anyone looking for good SEGA discussion should come join the SEGAbits discord. I know some people here are thinking this community is dead, it's not. It's actually quite active. It's just, forums are kind of shifting to a different role within SEGAbits now.

I can't comment on the status of these forums in specific, i'm sure they will be sticking around a long time, but, times change, and all the discussion is taking place in discord. Embrace the change

Just wanted to let people know who weren't aware that our discord is quite active. I know these forums are depressingly slow and probably won't be getting any better anytime soon. Times change

see this topic for more info:
http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=4076.msg84708;boardseen#new

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 04:14:44 am »
Doesn't a forum have the advantage of having a spread of subjects being talked about all at once? Im actually not too familiar with discord outside of voice chatting
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:41:22 am by CrazyT »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 08:53:03 am »
I don't share Will's outlook on the forum, and agree with CrazyT. Discord is a good place to chat, but the forum is a better place to hold discussions on single subjects. Plus, you don't have to be on when others are to communicate. Still, I do urge people to check out the discord server we setup. It has a good crowd and fun emoticons. I think the forums + discord + comments section makes for a good community.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 09:09:55 am »
Please don't get rid of the forums. Forums.sega.com doesn't even work when you reply to a conversation because the admins have to "approve" every comment there. I would much prefer segabits because it is just a nice relaxing way of getting to know a few people without going through massive amounts of people joining everyday like other forums sites.

I can speak a little Spanish and Mandarin, by the way.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 08:39:36 pm »
Don't worry guys, the forums are here to stay. :)