Author Topic: Last movie you saw.  (Read 304905 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Last movie you saw.
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2011, 08:28:18 am »
I've been meaning to watch those, though my Halloween playlist is long as it is: Friday the 13th series, the Universal monster movies and Leprechaun in Space/the hood.

Knowing me, I'll probably watch Paranormal Activity in November, October be damned!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #571 on: October 23, 2011, 08:15:29 am »
Saw Thor via a Netflix rental, I enjoyed it! Rather short, and it felt small thanks to the earth locations being confined to a desert, but it was an enjoyable film. I didn't really feel the relationship between Thor and Queen Amidala, but thats cool. The rest was great. Loved the fight scenes and Heimdall was the best character in the movie. I wish I grabbed his 7-11 Slurpee cup last summer! Am I rating it? Um... 8/10

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #572 on: October 25, 2011, 07:57:10 am »
I introduced my girlfriend to Star Trek over the past week.
Starting off with the newest movie to get her intererested in the characters, I followed it up with Star Trek II, III, IV, and VI.

I'm not sure where to go from there, but she's hooked now either way :).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2011, 08:37:18 am »
Friday the 13th (the original, unrated version)

Crazy how a movie that brings to mind Jason doesn't even have Jason in it! Aside from dream sequences, at least. The movie plays out like a reverse Psycho at summer camp. I'm watching Part 2 today, though I'm really looking forward to Part 3 (in 3D) when the iconic hockey mask shows up.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #574 on: October 25, 2011, 06:15:49 pm »
Two movies in less than a week, that hasn't happened in a long time...

I went to see The Three Musketeers in 3D(saw the regular version, though).

If there is anything that comes close to a guilty pleasure this year, it would have to be this one. It's one of those rare it's so cheesy that it's enjoyable.

Some of the performances here are hysterical, namely the Christoph Waltz as Cardenal Richelieu, Orlando Bloom seems to be having the time of his life as Buckinham and Logan Leerman proves that he can be likeable and cocky at the same time(sure has improved since Percy Jackson).

The story feels like it was written by a 12-year old who decided to do a little spin on the novel's plot, mixing in many modern references to current films and even throwing a bit of Jules Verne into the mix.

I had a lot of fun watching this.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #575 on: October 26, 2011, 07:49:48 am »
@max_cady:
Thanks for the impressions. It didn't look that appealing, but I might just give it a shot now.

I went to see 50/50 with two of my sisters last night. I think I may have enjoyed it more the second time. One line in particular struck me as being a lot funnier than I remembered.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #576 on: October 26, 2011, 03:41:52 pm »
I'm usually a year behind people when it comes to many things and this week I finally got around to seeing Paranormal Activity 2. Now I didn't think the original was this terrifying movie everyone made it out to be. (I guess you have to go to a packed theater on opening weekend to get the true experience) I enjoyed it though and it had some pretty tense moments.
Something I find rather funny though is that in both the sequel and the original the boyfriend/husband are both thick-headed jerks.  :P
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline ammyspears

• Banned
« Reply #577 on: October 26, 2011, 10:52:34 pm »
Last movie I'm  watch is BANRAKU.Such a great movie.I'm enjoyed to watch it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #578 on: October 27, 2011, 07:49:48 am »
Wow! Despite being a spammer, Ammyspears was on topic! Shame those FREE TV ONLINE links in his sig were dead giveaways.

Offline jhonebrin

• Banned
« Reply #579 on: November 07, 2011, 03:46:18 am »
Last movie i saw...Real Steel..Great Action movie........

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #580 on: November 07, 2011, 04:08:38 am »

Saw The Thing last Saturday. What did I think about it? Well, it's kinda of a mixed bag, really. On one hand, there's a lot of stuff that's really cool, but on the other hand, I had a few gripes with it, namely the CG and how the creature is portrayed.

Anyway, if you didn't know, this movie is not a remake, but a prequel that happens to take place chronologically before John Carpenter's 1982 film, which was in itself a remake of an even older film with a similar premise.

I did enjoy the film to some degree, it felt like the first genuinely scary monster flick in ages and it does it's job admirably taking a few cues from Alien. But sometimes, the CG work was very uneven and there was a huge difference between the CG and the actual puppet monster.

Personally, it's good for a mignight screening.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #581 on: November 08, 2011, 08:29:41 am »
I saw Paranormal Activity 3 last night with a few friends.
I don't know if it was just the movie, or the fact that we all allowed ourselves to get really into it, but that movie legitimately freaked my right out. The losing sleep, seeing things when I close my eyes kind of freaked out.
I think it's the first thing I've seen that got me so worked up since The Ring, and 28 Days Later.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #582 on: November 08, 2011, 08:49:18 am »
28 Days Later got me worked up, but in a positive way. When Jim went Rambo I was freaking out. By the end me and my friends were yelling "gouge his eyes out! yeaaaaah!"

Watched Friday the 13th Part V. What a disappointing movie! NO Jason, NO cool death scenes, NO Crystal Lake. Just hints at somebody killing people for an hour, then twenty minutes of what is well known to be NOT Jason. Maybe the movie worked at the time of release, but once you know it's a copy cat killer, its pointless. Tommy (kid from the previous movie) is hardly in the movie as we're supposed to think he is Jason, but theres no way the kid would dress up as his worst enemy. The death scenes are nearly ALL people getting stabbed in the stomach. It gets boring fast.

Thank goodness I watched Part VI before V, so I know the series got way better after this turd.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #583 on: November 08, 2011, 09:28:14 am »
I think it was the idea that an infection like that could be transferred so easily that really got under my skin.

Too bad about Friday the 13th part V. I'll have to watch through those some day.

I also watched Mr. Mom for the first time over this past weekend. After Toy Story 3, I've been interested in checking out some Michael Keaton comedy, and this one showed up on Netflix. Overall, the movie's so-so, but Keaton's pretty hilarious.  Especially the bit where he's watching soap operas. Classic stuff.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #584 on: November 12, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »
Got around to seeing Cars 2. Wasn't interested when it hit theaters, despite being a big Pixar fan. It's actually not bad, I quite liked it. Great action scenes. It's a lot better than the first Cars. The visuals are great, and Mater's idiocy is actually a key point of the end of the movie. I liked the bit where he looks at himself acting like an idiot and realizes how much of a fuck up he is. Of course, they didn't use the term "fuck up" in a Disney movie, but they implied it. I'd probably rewatch this over Ratatouille, just because Cars 2 has so much more going for it in terms of visuals. Eh, I'd give it a B-