Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106833 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2021, 11:53:26 pm »
Johnny Gioeli teases fans to “stay tuned” for news of Crush 40 in Sonic movie sequel, though nothing was confirmed

"I am hopeful that we make something happen for Sonic 2.
The fans are already rallying for this.
I’m sure the movie studio peeps will reach out this time…"

Article : https://tailschannel.com/sonic-the-hedgehog/movie/crush-40-sonic-movie-unconfirmed-tease/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 11:50:27 am »
I didn't know about this thread. Glad you made it. Though only had my What If? SCU thread to go by.

Also, might want to include "The House of the Dead" under "Planned but never materialized and Rumors :", but may wanna mention it's a seperate, pending project from Uwe Bolls hot mess.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 12:08:18 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 07:48:59 pm »
I didn't know about this thread. Glad you made it. Though only had my What If? SCU thread to go by.

Also, might want to include "The House of the Dead" under "Planned but never materialized and Rumors :", but may wanna mention it's a seperate, pending project from Uwe Bolls hot mess.

I was gonna add it but ... Wait a minute.
I read the IMDB page and the story went :
"The Film's Original Plot will be A Prequel to The House of the Dead (1996) Video Game"
and also
"Jonathan Cherry as Rudy Curien".

Isn't this basically Uwe Bolls' "The House of the Dead" movie?

Offline Berto

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 08:18:43 pm »
Found the news :

https://variety.com/1998/film/news/jesse-dylan-to-direct-dead-at-d-works-1117477842/

Guess the IMDB page had the wrong description of this canceled movie.

Added now to the first post, thanks.   :-D

Offline Berto

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 12:01:17 am »
Added Dead and Deader (formerly known as House of the Dead 3).
I forgot this movie exist, lol.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 10:56:23 am »
>Canceled The House of the Dead movie.
That's a pity. I myself have ideas for how a House of the Dead movie could work... which I discussed about over here on the Website of the Dead.

I would love to go into directing and shooting Sega fan movies, but I got nothing to work with. No choice actors, no film equipment, no budget.... I could probably hire zombies though but I dunno how expensive that'll be.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 10:28:22 pm »

Offline Berto

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 11:47:42 pm »
Well what about Virtua Cop? It has an IMDb page.

That was supposed to be an animated movie if I remembered correctly, not Live Action movie.
Not sure it's 3D or 2D.
Other series were planned too (all are animated movies), but they were never materialized:

Super Monkey Ball : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4248318/
Phantasy Star : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4248154/
Resonance of Fate : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4248274/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 09:16:49 am »
Why are these IMDb articles even here is they don't clearly say they're canceled or not? It's a really big tease on my hopes for a Sega Cinematic Universe.

Offline Berto

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 08:09:41 pm »
Why are these IMDb articles even here is they don't clearly say they're canceled or not? It's a really big tease on my hopes for a Sega Cinematic Universe.

Because whoever wrote those probably doesn't have a clue either.  ;-D

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2021, 08:45:26 pm »
I just figure IMDb had some quality control or something. Like, even Wikipedia has quality control and anyone can edit Wikipedia.

Offline Berto

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 12:18:35 am »
I just figure IMDb had some quality control or something. Like, even Wikipedia has quality control and anyone can edit Wikipedia.

May be there is but for movies that's already released, they are mostly accurate.

Offline Berto

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2021, 03:02:43 am »
Added list (separated) for SEGA related documentary movies,
including these two :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjkdxCcCi1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-a8DaF4WXw

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2021, 09:30:45 am »
I don't know if you want to add these or not given they're not made or licenced by Sega at all, but here are a few live-action Sega fanfilms that I know of.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic by Blue Core Studios (CGI Sonic and various, live-action locations and humans.)
The Hedgehog by Chris Lee & Paul Storrie (Little to do with Sonic and more just about how depressing growing up is. The Eggman guy hangs himself.)
Sonic Boom the Musical by random Encounter (people wearing costumes, mostly a songs than a full movie)
Sonic the Musical by Random Encounters (Like the above video, but more of a parody trailer.)
End of Sonic Adventure by juicitron (Actors in costumes. Might have had a prequel but I can't find it. A sequel to another fanfilm called "Sonic Adventure Unlimited" but can't find the sequel.)
Sonic the Hedgehog! by Ninja Kidz
Sonic: Chaos Conquest by Brunch Boiz Productions
Return to Little Planet 2 by The Sonic Show (There is a Part 1 and Part 3 but I can't seem to find them.)

I know there are other live-action Sonic videos out there but I chose ones that I figured were more significant and of interest. There were few more videos I really wanted to add to the list but I couldn't find them on YouTube. They were either taken down or lost in YouTubes search algorithm.

Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckles Fan Film by Team Chaotix Br
Bare Knuckle Streets of Rage & Part 2 by Basil Masters
Streets of Rage by Dogger StreetStupid (More of just a series of brawls than an actual story)
De-Pixelatied - Streets of Rage by GameTrailers (Again, mostly just a series of brawls to emulate the game)
Fran Campos Films are making a Streets of rage fan film.

Other
House of the Dead by Ian Adams (It really is the only THotD fanfilm I can find.)
Shenmue: 'Suka High by Rising Tiger Films (Live-action, with dialogue from the games.)
Ryo Vs Lan Di  | Shenmue Live Action Martial Arts Fan Film by Fred Nguyan Khan
Kiwami | Yakuza by Red Phoenix Films

Now you're probably asking, why not fan films based on other Sega games? Well, I can't really find any other. There's no "House of the Dead" fan films but dozens of Resident Evil fan films, no Shinobi fan films but dozens of Ninja Gaiden fan films. While there is a few Streets of Rage fan films there are much more Street Fighter fan films. Popular games just get the more popular and funded projects.

Still given there are only a few live-action Sega movies out there (Well, just the two, Sonic and Like A Dragon) there are these fan films to enjoy. Not as plenty or as high budget as Nintendo or Capcoms fanfilms but better than nothing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 01:26:40 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2021, 09:33:31 am »
Okay, while it can be conveniant for hotlinking links to YouTube to present an embedded video but it can be annoying at times. Is there a way to disable it on specific posts to make more tidy lists?