Author Topic: Sega Financial Report, Q1: $30 million profit!  (Read 24731 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Sega Financial Report, Q1: $30 million profit!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:10:16 pm »
Nicely done SEGA. So, when can we expect Dreamcast 2? :D

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 06:04:10 pm »
Here's the Dreamcast 2: http://store.steampowered.com/
Made by SEGA

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 10:47:55 pm »
You can always paint your CPU with the SEGA logo

Offline Tad

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 12:28:15 am »
You can always paint your CPU with the SEGA logo

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/57/3e/db/573edb9aeba029875df77486a6e20072.jpg :)

A custom PC case would be pretty cool now you've made me think about it mind.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 01:43:50 am »
I should copy that report link and paste it everytime "SEGA is bankrupt. Nintendo should just buy SEGA" comment show up on my facebook group.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 05:47:38 am »
I should copy that report link and paste it everytime "SEGA is bankrupt. Nintendo should just buy SEGA" comment show up on my facebook group.

Or just tell that NCL should just leave the console industry, because NCL done nothing of note in that  section since the N64
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 09:32:08 am »
Or just tell that NCL should just leave the console industry, because NCL done nothing of note in that  section since the N64

The recent news of NX sound truly terrible, sounds extremely useless. I think Sega is actually innovating more currently in the hardware space than Nintendo is (just taking their arcade and theme park businesses).

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 11:30:55 am »

While I can understand some people not liking everything Nintendo does, that right there is simply overdoing it. The Wii and the DS made a big impact on the gaming industry and obviously, SEGA benefited in those platforms if not atleast on the DS.

Say anything bad on Nintendo if you want, but don't say stuff that's simply not true. I agree that they are lacking behind a bit but they are still stable as ever and probably doing even better since Pokemon Go.

Anyway back to topic, good news for SEGA here. Hopefully the new Sonic games coming next year will help SEGA realize that this is how we want Sonic to be.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 02:10:55 pm »
The recent news of NX sound truly terrible, sounds extremely useless. I think Sega is actually innovating more currently in the hardware space than Nintendo is (just taking their arcade and theme park businesses).

Its a uselss and under spec console and no doubt be a over priced Handheld . NCL haven't done nothing inthe console world for decades
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 02:15:35 pm »

While I can understand some people not liking everything Nintendo does, that right there is simply overdoing it. The Wii and the DS made a big impact on the gaming industry and obviously, SEGA benefited in those platforms if not atleast on the DS.
Say anything bad on Nintendo if you want

I'll say what I want about NCL and so can you (its a forum and it be boring if we all agreed )  To me NCL have done nothing of note inthe console world since the N64 (the last true great NCL console)  . Now NCL is all about gimmicks and sadly gone for a world leading console maker and developer in the 8 bit and 16 bit days (im one of those that thought NCL were the best developer in the 16 bit days and the Snes was a better console than the Mega Drive)  to now more more than endless gimmicks. Handheld is a different matter thought granted, they are still class
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Artwark

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:47 pm »
I'll say what I want about NCL and so can you (its a forum and it be boring if we all agreed )  To me NCL have done nothing of note inthe console world since the N64 (the last true great NCL console)  . Now NCL is all about gimmicks and sadly gone for a world leading console maker and developer in the 8 bit and 16 bit days (im one of those that thought NCL were the best developer in the 16 bit days and the Snes was a better console than the Mega Drive)  to now more more than endless gimmicks. Handheld is a different matter thought granted, they are still class

Then you should have mentioned something like imo because whether you like it or not, the Wii had a huge impact and it sort of did some good for SEGA there.

I can say that the handheld market isn't Sony's big thing seeing how the Vita failed to do half of what the 3DS did but saying that will hurt any Vita owner so I don't want to troll too much to them.

And for the record, Handhelds are also consoles so saying like not making consoles of what they used to is kinda saying that their handhelds are also crappy which they aren't.

Offline Artwark

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 09:12:55 pm »
Its a uselss and under spec console and no doubt be a over priced Handheld . NCL haven't done nothing inthe console world for decades

The system is rumored to run the Nvidia Tegra chip X1 which is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEHXFnCRlAo

Offline Tad

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 11:59:16 pm »
It's been discussed in the news thread. If it's true, it needs to be the cheaper alternative in my opinion as it still won't have much third party support for the big games.

With Nintendo bleeding money badly, they really need to get things right with this.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:11:57 am by Tad »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 01:09:24 am »

Then you should have mentioned something like imo because whether you like it or not, the Wii had a huge impact and it sort of did some good for SEGA there.

The Wii , yeah the machine that more or less NCL its place in the console world . Sure it got mum, dad and gran mum and grad dad playing the system, it didn't appeal too or get the Die hard gamer . So while sales might have been brilliant , software support and 3rd party support was totally lacking ; because the casuals don't go into the shops buying games each month - Going after causals is fine inthe mobile world when games only cost £5 off, different ball game with games costing £50

NCL not only lost ground there, there lost out to SONY and MS for online world . Not even the kids would want to play Fifa on the Wii with its rubbish graphics and pathetic online functions- NCL are so far behind on the online side of things that I doubt they'll ever recover that part of the gaming business as too many kids and adults have now grown up playing their Xbox or PS online with their Friends  list

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is