Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Teaser (with actual story)  (Read 23446 times)

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Suicide Squad Trailer is also up somewhat: https://vid.me/NHC9

WARNING: VERTICAL AND POTATO QUALITY AHEAD

That being said, I actually really liked how Leto pulled off Joker here, even in just the laugh.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
What was it Joker said the first time he appeared after laughing?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
What was it Joker said the first time he appeared after laughing?

"Oh I'm not going to kill you... I'm just going to hurt you, really, really, bad."

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I done used spoilers, even tho I don't think its a big spoiler but don't wanna ruin anything for people.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
If he's in there(won't say his name) I'll shit my pants with excitement.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

I think one of the craziest things is just how they are noticing the little details. Like:

Above: Man of Steel
Below: BvS trailer: Bruce Wayne looking at the damage from the outside.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Here's a somewhat acurrate impression of myself after watching the BvS Comic-Con teaser and the Suicide Squad teaser:

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Am I the only one not feeling this at all?

* Shit tier Lex Luthor
* 'God hates fags Superman', 'Superman is an illegal Alien' stuff. (Which was almost saved by his mother telling him to change that perception, but then 'lol whatever, you don't owe the world anything')
* Crowbarring Wonder Woman into what is already a too-stacked movie

I know that they want to be different to Marvel, but I don't like them trying to make the universe so dark and Superman be so feared. It feels more like a movie from Lex Luthor's perspective.

I was willing to give this Lex a chance, but I really, really don't like him at all. This is a big deal for me, why does he have hair? This is discriminatory towards bald men.

It just feels like this movie is going to be a mess. That, or it's not going to be based around Superman fighting Batman at all and it's just bait and switch to set up Justice League and they all become friends after twenty minutes (which I would actually prefer to another 'What would happen if Superman was EVIL' scenario).

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
I was willing to give this Lex a chance, but I really, really don't like him at all. This is a big deal for me, why does he have hair? This is discriminatory towards bald men.

Yeah it's a bit of a downer, Lex is one of my favourite comic book villains but he doesn't really command that much of a presence like Luthor should.

Agree on all your other points except the Superman being dangerous, I think it's fair to assume there would be some people who fear him. But the funniest thing is this is the total opposite of what they were showing in Man of Steel with its upbeat ending and kiss scene. I guess Zynder/Warner Bros took to heart people on the internet complaining about the destruction of Metropolis and decided to run with that theme.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
I really like the Back to the Future Part 2 direction that are taking Bruce Wayne's story, where we see Man of Steel events from another perspective. I'm sure some crazy fan edit will emerge editing Man of Steel and Batman V. Superman into one 5 hour film.

Offline George

Mademan doesn't like a award winning plot point from Superman comics in a Superman related movie? Maybe, you know, you don't like Superman?

Here is the HD trailer for Suicide Squad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
I still think it's a little funny seeing DC go from titles like "The Dark Knight" & "Man of Steel" to what we have now. "World's Finest" might've been a neat subtitle as an homage to the first crossover between Batman and Superman. As for the movie itself, I'm a little nervous about if the story will feel too bloated, & Jesse Eisenberg hasn't sold me as Lex from his moments in the trailer. Plus, why doesn't Wonder Woman's costume look as colorful as Superman's?

Offline George

I agree about the color but thats Snyder filter for you. It is weird, I always considered Wonder Woman's costume very bright and colorful, but it seems that they want to mute it.

This is the press shot:

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
Also.

What is it with Zynder and tattoos? Like they're not even particularly good ones either.

ROTTEN? DAMAGED???!?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Mademan doesn't like a award winning plot point from Superman comics in a Superman related movie? Maybe, you know, you don't like Superman?

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan, I don't think I've made it a secret I think most cape comics are bad anyway. I did really enjoy All-Star Superman, and really liked 'Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow' and 'What's so funny about Truth, Justice and the American Way?'.

I think I just prefer it when Superman is played in the 'classic' way? I like him being the 'boy scout' kind of character that's unflinchingly good and powerful. I don't mind seeing the 'What if Supes was the bad guy' idea, but I feel it's been run into the ground. And for establishing a franchise with the tent-pole character, I would have preferred they ran with Superman in the more classic sense.

To be fair, they've done several movies like that in the past, so...

I still don't like the look of the film overall though. It runs deeper than just what I felt Superman should look like.