Author Topic: The Upcoming Games thread  (Read 12398 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: The Upcoming Games thread
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 03:43:29 pm »
Stasis will be released on the 31st of August.

Offline Tad

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 03:19:41 pm »
STASIS is now out and getting great reviews/impressions. Crazy to think it's mostly done by one guy.

Offline Tad

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 02:56:15 pm »
I'm getting Rez like vibes from this: https://youtu.be/pLJFHqs8V2s

Offline Tad

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 02:08:54 pm »
So, apparently Watchdogs 2 will be set in San Francisco and out this year and Assassins Creed will be taking a new direction and will be set in Egypt...sounds like Prince of Persia to me.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 05:35:55 pm »
Thanks for keeping this  thread updated. Ive stopped going around other places to check news and decided to just consume information like in the old days and have more fun with the stuff that matters.

My most anticipated game for 2016 are the 2 zelda games. HD remake of twilight princess, and the WII U zelda game.

And the last guardian on the PS side. There's a lot more, but these stand out for me. Its sad that scalebound has been delayed to 2017, there's probably gonna be a lot more
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:50:02 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Tad

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 06:08:10 pm »
No problem. Think as I'm getting older I prefer to just quickly take a look at snippets of news from the industry from twitter and only explore more if it interests me. Except of course during E3/Gamescon. That's just crazy fun to watch from my comfy sofa :)

I did think they announced Scalebound too soon and I did suspect it'll get delayed. Still, I'd rather they took their time then rush it. Speaking of which, has anyone gotten so bored of seeing it that they're not particularly bother by Quantum Break? Think it's turning into a classic case of announcing it far too early. Think they might of reworked it a lot more then they're saying too...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:14:32 pm by Tad »

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 06:32:39 pm »
So, apparently Watchdogs 2 will be set in San Francisco and out this year and Assassins Creed will be taking a new direction and will be set in Egypt...sounds like Prince of Persia to me.

Didn't Assassin's Creed start out as a spin-off of Prince of Persia? It sounds like we've come full circle.

Offline Tad

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »
Pretty much.

Nintendo have said we'll see the NX at this E3, but we will see its "concept" before that. Sounds to me like this will be very different if they're doing that.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 01:26:58 am »
No problem. Think as I'm getting older I prefer to just quickly take a look at snippets of news from the industry from twitter and only explore more if it interests me. Except of course during E3/Gamescon. That's just crazy fun to watch from my comfy sofa :)

I did think they announced Scalebound too soon and I did suspect it'll get delayed. Still, I'd rather they took their time then rush it. Speaking of which, has anyone gotten so bored of seeing it that they're not particularly bother by Quantum Break? Think it's turning into a classic case of announcing it far too early. Think they might of reworked it a lot more then they're saying too...
Its the case for many. Tho I have a feeling that some games anouncements and release dates have become more of a marketing tool rather than genuine anouncements. There's probably cases where a game gets a release date and its pretty much expected by anyone that it wont come at the time. I have a strange feeling that the last guardian wont come out this year either, but it is for Sony to surprise me with that. They've reshowed pretty much the same thing we've seen before. It looks like an incredibly complex game from that little bit tho.

Quantam break is the exact type of game that ive grown tired of tbh. Its said to be almost done and I expect it to be released soon. What I dislike the most is the change of protagonist. The new one looks awful...

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 12:00:07 pm »
I am somewhat intrigued by Horizon, but I honestly fear what we saw is the only exciting aspect of the game and it is mostly story driven.

I would have been excited for Uncharted 4 a few years back, but I thought that 3 ended it well really, and will wait and see if it is worth getting later on.

I am most excited for Vanillaware's new game though (Is it called 13 Sentials or something?), I put 100 hours into Dragon's Crown and hope to do the same here!

Hmmm...I am interested in Valkyria Revolution as well but I don't know enough to know whether I will like it.

Lastly, I am not too sure about Final Fantasy 7R being a thing to be honest. The game won't be like the original (which fans probably won't be too happy with) and I personally feel that Square are just doing it as a sure fire way to gain profit back from the mess that is the Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy. Even if the game is good, I remain Skeptical after hearing about breaking it up to three parts...will the rest be free or do you need to pay?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 08:07:30 pm »
Will the Playstation VR have third party games or just games made by Sony?

Offline Tad

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2016, 03:31:36 pm »
I guess it'll have both. Makes no sense not too. Most game engines on the market are introducing VR into their engine and they all work on PS4.

To mods: Could you please change the name of this thread to something like General Gaming News.
Makes more sense to as it's for news and games in the industry really.

Offline Tad

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 08:28:29 am »
Announced today and I can't wait:

https://youtu.be/kVGBbJH_Slc

I've played them of course, but as I've stated before, I'm a huge fan of their work and a collection of all their games and content in one box would be great!

Offline Tad

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 02:36:51 pm »
Another studio trying to emulate PT:

https://youtu.be/4i72qLAusxI

I have to say, this and Alison Road catch the feel of PT, but they just lack that horror element. I think it comes down to two things, the first being the backstory. The character in PT has a reason and a purpose for being in that corridor and was linked to it all. Second, the "creature" was well modeled and used far more subtle and moved in a really well animated - deliberately, still, shaky, slow, fast etc - way.

Offline Tad

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 01:49:10 am »
Telltale announce the release date of their TWD Mini series:Michonne
https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/104349/the-walking-dead-michonne-a-telltale-miniseries-premieres-feb-23rd-extended-preview-this-sunday

Release dates:
In Too Deep - 23rd of February
Give No Shelter - March
What We Deserve - April

In other news, Jonathan Blow's The Witness is now out and so is Firewatch.

Both seem to be getting good reviews, but I personally find it difficult to justify £29.99 for the Witness. From what I've heard, there's little to no story and it really is just puzzle after puzzle. Shame really. The setting seems perfect for a mystery.

Steam links:

Firewatch: http://store.steampowered.com/app/383870/
The Witness: http://store.steampowered.com/app/210970/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:57:54 am by Tad »