Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183702 times)

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2016, 09:06:16 am »
You would have rather had Trump?
At this point, I don't think the Democrats are celebrating anymore. Democrats were laughing and celebrating when Trump was making all of those crazy comments. Now, they are panicked because Ted Cruz might actually make it to the first spot.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2016, 09:32:34 pm »
Trump must hate losing in Iowa, cause as everyone knows, he hates losers.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2016, 11:02:28 am »
Serves him right. 'Bout time his ego blew up in his face.

In other news, Rand Paul dropped out. Oh, well... I'm waiting for Jeb Bush to drop out.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2016, 01:20:59 pm »
Not too much into US politics. But I do hope Bernie Sanders wins. He seems way too much against the establishment pulling the strings that I dont think he's gonna win. Usually guys like Bernie dont win that easily because that same establishment has control over the media. Media being a strong tool to influence manipulate the simple minded mainstream.

Sounds awfully like the Sun and getting David Cameron into power. -_-

What exactly are the policies of each party? Is it about the Army's budget? America's Global Efforts?

I know that over here we usually vote due to where we are in the Social Class System, but I am hoping that is changing.

When I started voting, I would I was a Lib Dem but....some policies I just can't agree with, and I hate Totalitarian Parties, so I consider myself a Green Voter now.

Trump says some silly things but I do think he wants to try and right America's Economy, but don't you have some Congressmen to do those affairs? Can't he be a backbencher to help out his party?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:23:44 pm by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2016, 09:56:59 pm »
Sounds awfully like the Sun and getting David Cameron into power. -_-
im pretty sure its not just US and UK. Dont wanna go all conspiracy theory here, but often it does feel like control is in the hands of a group behind the scenes.

When I read articles like this it gets me dumbfounded. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/lloyd-blankfein-bernie-sanders-218689
Because the bad guys arent really portrayed as the bad guys but as the victims. It just shows who is really in control.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2016, 10:58:12 pm »
Companies own the government, we like to pretend that money doesn't influence people but it does. Remember when corporations where trying to hire people like  Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler and take over the US government during FDR's reign? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

Are you honestly going to believe that the rich aren't fighting to get richer? I mean, just look at the money flow up, Reganomics and all this other bullshit from both parties has only been helping out the already rich. This isn't about 'Republicans vs Democrates' this is about us weeding out the corruption.

Trump got richer due to corruption, he might platform on cleaning it up but his tax plan continues to give tax breaks to the rich.

This 'Republican' vs 'Democrate' stuff is just here to divide us and the only one that has been conquering has been the rich while everyone else gets shafted.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:00:22 pm by George »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2016, 09:52:32 am »
im pretty sure its not just US and UK. Dont wanna go all conspiracy theory here, but often it does feel like control is in the hands of a group behind the scenes.

When I read articles like this it gets me dumbfounded. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/lloyd-blankfein-bernie-sanders-218689
Because the bad guys arent really portrayed as the bad guys but as the victims. It just shows who is really in control.

Pretty much, although all of them are corrupt in either Money or Power....

Unfortunately, we will never have a corrupt free Government, even if most have good intentions.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2016, 11:33:04 am »
A question for my friends across the pond.

Does a president actually have any power as such, or is it like our prime minister where they have to run it passed everyone else too?

Offline max_cady

« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2016, 06:35:19 pm »
The President has roughly the same amount of power as Congress, Senate and the Supreme Court.

US -> Constitutional Republic (Goverment is broken into four seperate parts in order to prevent overeach or abuse of power, in theory)

PT -> Democracy (Basically whoever has a majority of seats in Parliament has absolute sway over anything)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2016, 01:47:34 am »
Ah, got it. Cheers. Too bad our system (UK) would work if most of them weren't friends and went to the same posh school together.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2016, 08:26:21 pm »
Carwyn Jones went to a terrible school. That is unless you meant England only, and not the entire U.K.

Offline George

« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2016, 09:17:55 pm »
One thing I can't stand about Hilary in debates is how much complete nonsense she spews out, she literally thinks that her getting over 250 million dollars from a company will not influence her then turns around and says that Republicans are bought at sold. But Hilary, you got more money from corporations than all the Republican candidates combined... how does that NOT influence you?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2016, 03:06:36 am »
Professor K for president!
SEG4GES

Offline George

« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2016, 03:44:58 am »
Poor Rubio, he really is an idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQUThGwRFMM

Offline max_cady

« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2016, 01:09:57 pm »
Here are a few notes on the ABC News Republican Debate:

- Look, I don't dislike Rubio, he seems well prepared, but his speech sounds rehearsed;
- By contrast, Cruz sounds more natural and spontaneous when he delivers his answers;
- I wish they gave Carson more time to talk 'cause a lot of stuff he said was pretty good;
- On the subject of Carson, he's shown a lot of improvement lately, he's been a much more passionate talker, it's just that the whole "Cruz's people did a number on me" shouldn't be his principal driving force;
- Trump, when he isn't being a complete jerk, can actually make some good points, but I don't think his alpha male persona is getting as much attention as he did, since he dropped out of the previous debate;
- And oddly enough, I'm not mad at Trump, as many horrible flaws as he does, those pale in comparison to the black hole that is Kasich and Jeb Bush;
-Jeb Bush, in particular, is maddening. He thinks he can run for office like his dad or his big brother, but he's everything George Bush was not. He doesn't have the "down to earth appeal" that his brother had, he doesn't have the energy of Trump, frankly Marco Rubio is a much better Jeb Bush than the man himself;