Author Topic: Has Sega improved its image by not releasing games?  (Read 19293 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Has Sega improved its image by not releasing games?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »
The Metacritic publisher ranks are a measure of output consistency.
To rank #1 you have to release many top quality titles over a year. Bethesda didn't even enter the race for example for releasing too few games.
But neither did Sega last year, and now here we are. A very quality focused output that is being lauded by pure statistics.

That Polygon article is pure bliss. I hadn't seen so much butthurt over Sega for a couple of years now.
Polygon can ride my balls
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2016, 07:59:01 pm »
I'd assume Project Mirai DX was counted, but was Yakuza 5 counted? Is there a link to all of SEGA's 2015 titles that counted towards the final result?

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2016, 08:35:35 pm »
I dont think so, they never do a list for any company...conveniently.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2016, 08:45:58 pm »
Really? Good and original games? Everyone was under 75% metacritic... so why couldn't these wonderful original games get better ratings?

I think Polygon also missed the point that SEGA restructured and even they said that they where leaving consoles... yet here they are... toping a publisher list. Hey, if their that butthurt they can whine to metacritic to change the goal post for them to get Nintendo higher or whatever their aiming for.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 08:47:37 pm by George »

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2016, 07:20:03 am »
Really? Good and original games? Everyone was under 75% metacritic... so why couldn't these wonderful original games get better ratings?

Are you somehow implying that Sega made better games than From Software and CDProjekt in 2015? Bloodborne and Old hunters, Witcher 3 and Hearts of Stone?

Or that Telltale, a developer that does products that barely qualify as games and made that fucking abortion called Minecraft Story mode or whatever is somehow deserving of any spot of reference for quality gaming?

I got nothing against Sega here and Polygon is one of the worst gaming "journalism" sites out there but Metacritic's score, being dependent on gaming sites just like it, isn't exactly the place I go when I want to know if a game is actually good or not. Or any gaming page, for that matter.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2016, 07:30:06 am »
I do like how people moan about Telltale as they don't make games, but interactive media.

Interactive media...otherwise known as, games. *face palm*

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2016, 09:49:46 am »
The real question here is how are Polygon still around?

They've openly took money from MS, they've been caught on camera multiple times saying they don't like Sony and made embarrassing comments and factually incorrect articles.

Money talks unfortunately.

Maybe they should rename themselves "Micro Polygon" at least we'd know that they are a Microsoft biased site.

I am at odds with the results myself though. SEGA have always made good games, but this year it wasn't a great year for us personally (despite the 3D Classics and Yakuza 5). I wonder what they base this on? Maybe the turnaround SEGA has done these last few months?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2016, 12:48:05 pm »
Money talks unfortunately.

Maybe they should rename themselves "Micro Polygon" at least we'd know that they are a Microsoft biased site.

I am at odds with the results myself though. SEGA have always made good games, but this year it wasn't a great year for us personally (despite the 3D Classics and Yakuza 5). I wonder what they base this on? Maybe the turnaround SEGA has done these last few months?

Personally, I don't give a hoot about review scores. Especially when the gaming press are such a joke as they are now. There's probably only 1 or 2 with any real credit to their name anymore, while the rest are either hypocrites, badly written or click bait nonsense.