Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 667831 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1920 on: March 21, 2017, 02:19:31 pm »
Yeah, it's heavily implied that is the case. I don't think it'll go all Dragonball on us, but there's clearly some fantasy elements.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #1921 on: March 21, 2017, 03:57:01 pm »
There must be some kind of mystical power to the Phoenix and Dragon mirrors... unless Lan Di is just an obsessive collector who hopes to get a complete set and then post a L@@K RARE Buy-It-Now listing on eBay at some outrageous price.

Offline Tad

« Reply #1922 on: March 21, 2017, 05:57:03 pm »
I'm guessing it has something to do with the cores of the mirrors. They've shown that they can be used as a map at the end of Shenmue 2, so I'm guessing if you use them together it'll lead you somewhere important.

Offline batfax

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #1923 on: March 25, 2017, 12:54:11 am »
Not directly related to Shenmue 3, but if any Shenmue fans wanted a possible Shenhua statue to go with Ryo and Lan Di:

First 4 Figures's Facebook group will be having a poll on Thursday regarding another statue.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #1924 on: May 01, 2017, 09:35:13 pm »
I wonder if everyone will have to play and understand the story of the first two games in order to understand the third...

Offline Tad

« Reply #1925 on: May 02, 2017, 10:37:18 am »
Probably. Even if they don't though, it's not like new players couldn't learn by wiki, youtube etc.

The new update felt a bit weak. It's great to see them talking about these topics, but it didn't really show or say much about Shenmue III.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1926 on: May 02, 2017, 01:26:01 pm »
I wonder if everyone will have to play and understand the story of the first two games in order to understand the third...

I think it will be easy enough for new players to catch up on the story. Ideally they'd include some kind of recap like they do in the Yakuza series.

The new update felt a bit weak. It's great to see them talking about these topics, but it didn't really show or say much about Shenmue III.

I'm hoping that's because they're holding back on any juicy reveals in order to have a significant presentation at E3... but not trying to get my hopes up too high at the same time. Either way they must be working quite intensely on the game at this time.

Offline Tad

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1928 on: May 29, 2017, 11:12:28 am »
Ah well, it's disappointing but I appreciate finding out in advance rather than sitting through the whole E3 presentation only to be let down. I expect some kind of official announcement of a delay some time in the next few months.

Now the question is... will there be any Shenmue I & II HD reveal at E3?

Offline Tad

« Reply #1929 on: May 29, 2017, 04:23:27 pm »
I'm going to predict yes for the remasters. There's too much smoke for them not to be real now, but It depends on what state they're in.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #1930 on: May 29, 2017, 10:27:26 pm »
I hope the HD remasters of 1 and 2 are released for console in the meantime.  That will give me time to play through them until 3 is out.  I've played 1, but was never able to save due to my cousin never getting a VMU.  Never played 2 so this would be my first time experiencing it.  I never saw any of it on youtube because I didn't want to spoil any of it.  Never got an XBOX either sooooo....
Be like water.

Offline Tad

« Reply #1931 on: May 30, 2017, 12:43:15 am »
Think it's more likely to be PC only. These games are that old now, they'll run on a potato of a computer anyway.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #1932 on: May 30, 2017, 02:51:21 am »
No Shenmue III at E3: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1381884

There's a shock, No way is this game coming out this year, if ever
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1933 on: May 30, 2017, 03:54:22 am »
How is it a shock at all.

It bugs me how people want the game to fail so badly, they hang on to anything..

SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #1934 on: May 30, 2017, 04:19:16 am »
How is it a shock at all.

It bugs me how people want the game to fail so badly, they hang on to anything..

What? I don't want it to fail, but if you're also getting ready to ship your game, you can show a E3 gameplay section. I don't think the project has enough staff or money myself and SONY used Yu Suzuki in a horrible way to help its E3 showing in 2015.
 Can see it getting pushed way back , there no way on Earth it will make December 2017 and in the end, have a hard time making it out.

These massive open world games need huge amounts of dosh and staff to make it all possible. 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure