Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 667782 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:59 pm »
^ I had no idea that carrying over the collectables was such a big deal for some people..

I agree, they should totally rerelease the first two games before.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 09:02:10 pm »
Oh man, you don't even know. I mean come on, as a SEGA fan, any kind of SEGA related capsule toy just had to be owned right XD? It got a bit extreme eventually. With the forklift races you'd win a forklift with each race depending on where you placed. Everyday I would let myself be placed differently to get all the numbered forklifts. I loved that The SEGA references everywhere weren't just plastered or advertised. It felt like the real thing. Shenmue is such a great game sigh.

3raser

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 03:10:08 am »
Oh man, you don't even know. I mean come on, as a SEGA fan, any kind of SEGA related capsule toy just had to be owned right XD? It got a bit extreme eventually. With the forklift races you'd win a forklift with each race depending on where you placed. Everyday I would let myself be placed differently to get all the numbered forklifts. I loved that The SEGA references everywhere weren't just plastered or advertised. It felt like the real thing. Shenmue is such a great game sigh.

Perhaps if Sega were to release the Shenmue franchise in a different way first, then people would recognize it before they released a new game...

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 01:41:31 pm »
I'm kinda disappointed this was on Sega Nerds and not here, but... http://www.seganerds.com/2013/06/03/ryo-hazuki-voice-actor-confirms-he-hasnt-worked-on-shenmue-3/

“The picture of me back in studio is a recent picture, in fact very recent, but with non-disclosure agreements, I cannot reveal what project I’m working on,” he said. “I can say, however, I’m not working on Shenmue 3. I’m saying right now, it’s not 3, so please don’t freak out too much.”

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »
I'm kinda disappointed this was on Sega Nerds and not here, but... http://www.seganerds.com/2013/06/03/ryo-hazuki-voice-actor-confirms-he-hasnt-worked-on-shenmue-3/

“The picture of me back in studio is a recent picture, in fact very recent, but with non-disclosure agreements, I cannot reveal what project I’m working on,” he said. “I can say, however, I’m not working on Shenmue 3. I’m saying right now, it’s not 3, so please don’t freak out too much.”

I'll be honest, I didn't see it as newsworthy and I didn't post it. Other writers were free to post it, but I'll assume they didn't find it newsworthy either. When the photo first went up, nothing really pointed to it being SEGA related. He did post a SEGA related photo, but it was unconnected to the recording pic. So at best, the news would be "Ryo VA, who has a career outside of SEGA, posted a new photo of him in a studio". Wasn't much of a story, and I'm not a fan of stirring up the Shenmue 3 rumor pot.

Then he revealed it was not Shenmue 3. So the news is now "the Ryo VA, who posted a photo of himself in a studio, is not working on Shenmue 3." So basically non-news. At most, the interview is the noteworthy bit, and thats their original content, not ours.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »
We didn't post the initial rumor, didn't see the point.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2013, 05:04:07 pm »
He says he's not working on "3"specifically. How big are the chances that they're actually putting a lot of care into the rereleases with some newly recorded VA? I mean when I think about it, for us it's all nostalgia, but i can imagine a lot of new people being thrown off by the VA perhaps?

3raser

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2013, 05:45:19 pm »
Shenmue 3 could be worked on as a franchise first, like I stated before. Video games have gone beyond just video games before. He could make films, novels, and many other things. If he would have stated that it was not Shenmue related, then that would be different. He did not say that. He clearly stated he was working on a project that was not a "3."

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2013, 07:55:46 pm »
I'll be honest, I didn't see it as newsworthy and I didn't post it. Other writers were free to post it, but I'll assume they didn't find it newsworthy either. When the photo first went up, nothing really pointed to it being SEGA related. He did post a SEGA related photo, but it was unconnected to the recording pic. So at best, the news would be "Ryo VA, who has a career outside of SEGA, posted a new photo of him in a studio". Wasn't much of a story, and I'm not a fan of stirring up the Shenmue 3 rumor pot.

Then he revealed it was not Shenmue 3. So the news is now "the Ryo VA, who posted a photo of himself in a studio, is not working on Shenmue 3." So basically non-news. At most, the interview is the noteworthy bit, and thats their original content, not ours.

Sorry, sorry, wasn't nearly as disappointed as I may have inferred :P I understand. Mostly wanted to share that tidbit with anyone else who found this rumor intriguing.

3raser

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 05:33:14 am »
Sorry, sorry, wasn't nearly as disappointed as I may have inferred :P I understand. Mostly wanted to share that tidbit with anyone else who found this rumor intriguing.

I'm not entirely sure why Barry the Nomad posted what he did. I just know that it might be because he did not like the idea. I could be wrong though. The link you have is somewhat reliable, so I think I could probably trust that Yu Suzuki did in fact say what it says he said. If he is not working on Shenmue 3, then I'm not sure why you would post about it in a thread full of people hoping he would. I guess he could still be thinking of making something Shenmue related though...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 05:37:03 am »
I'm not entirely sure why Barry the Nomad posted what he did. I just know that it might be because he did not like the idea. I could be wrong though. The link you have is somewhat reliable, so I think I could probably trust that Yu Suzuki did in fact say what it says he said. If he is not working on Shenmue 3, then I'm not sure why you would post about it in a thread full of people hoping he would. I guess he could still be thinking of making something Shenmue related though...

I was explaining to Mengels why I didn't post the Ryo voice actor story.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »
'm kinda disappointed this was on Sega Nerds and not here, but... http://www.seganerds.com/2013/06/03/ryo-hazuki-voice-actor-confirms-he-hasnt-worked-on-shenmue-3/

Our site's content and SegaNerds' is certainly not identical, this is true.....our sites have nothing to do with each other and we have our own writing team, as do they, and the writers of both sites post stories that they/we feel are worth posting.

I personally didn't post the story because I'm not a huge fan of posting rumors. They tend to get people excited and then disappointed. If Shenmue III is announced then you can be sure it will be posted about on SEGAbits.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:39:51 am by Ben »

3raser

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 06:13:34 am »
I was explaining to Mengels why I didn't post the Ryo voice actor story.

Oh. Ok. I didn't read it all. Sorry.

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 08:54:05 pm »
Our site's content and SegaNerds' is certainly not identical, this is true.....our sites have nothing to do with each other and we have our own writing team, as do they, and the writers of both sites post stories that they/we feel are worth posting.

I personally didn't post the story because I'm not a huge fan of posting rumors. They tend to get people excited and then disappointed. If Shenmue III is announced then you can be sure it will be posted about on SEGAbits.

No, I understand Ben. That's fine. I just thought it was an above-average rumor, but it's true you guys don't delve too much into rumors on the front page. No worries. :)

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 10:54:16 pm »
Hahaha I mean I agree with you, I thought it was a very interesting image.....but I also thought it could mean just about anything, and thought it was too vague to post.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:40:25 pm by Ben »