Author Topic: Phantasy Star Nova Discussion  (Read 11434 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Phantasy Star Nova Discussion
« on: September 12, 2013, 08:37:50 am »
Surprised there isn't a topic for this yet, but I'll make one anyway and if someone else makes a better one, this can be deleted.

Anyway, I was pretty excited at the prospect that the Vita is getting more games. (FINALLY! Although I am enjoying Dragon's Crown enough to be satisfied for now), and that we're getting this Single Player Experience that hasn't really been done with much since Phantasy Star IV.

I am guessing this is another sub-series for the franchise, but it looks like a nice sub-series none-the-less...one gif made me go "Xenoblade!" when I saw a glowing sword akin to the Monado...and I loved Xenoblade for its story and side quests, which apparently Nova lives and dies on.

So yeah, very excited for this title even if it doesn't come West (I hope it does, it's a pretty large Team that's making it).

Anyone else excited as I am? It's odd for me since I am not really a Phantasy Star fan all that much, although I appreciate its lore and style.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Phantasy Star Nova Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:42:24 am »
I've found it hard to get excited for SEGA of Japan titles given how they never get localized... Once PSO2 is out in the West I'll start to get more excited for Nova. One before the other. :P

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:56:04 am »
http://zonaforo.meristation.com/psvita-phantasy-star-nova-tri-ace-x-sega-info-y-scans-t2135695.html

Some scans of the game, shows off the main characters and screenshots. Quite like the designs of the monsters.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 12:08:52 pm »
now that is a wealth of new information.  It's a little odd that this game shares enemies directly with PSO2.  I can't help but feel they would have been better off making a new world from the ground up ala phantasy star zero.  Nonetheless, I'm super interested to learn more and wouldn't hesitate to import if the game ends up being any good. 

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:06 am »
I'm not too hot for this. To me its one of my worst fears becoming reality. That Sega would attempt to Final Fantasy PHANTASY STAR. And what else can it be when you have Tri Ace one of Square Enix's former developers who have worked on FF being involved? I'd prefer if Tria Ace could have made some more new original second party RPG games for Sega as well as continue RESONACE OF FATE. Well the final game being NOVA might not be as bad but its something i'm not looking forward to.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 03:42:41 am »
I've found it hard to get excited for SEGA of Japan titles given how they never get localized... Once PSO2 is out in the West I'll start to get more excited for Nova. One before the other. :P

Unfortunately this doesn't help:

http://sega-addicts.murnaumusic.com/?p=41100

Sega has no plans to bring the recently announced PlayStation Vita title Phantasy Star Nova over to the West, Sega of America told Sega Addicts.

Phantasy Star Nova was announced over a week ago as part of a pre-Tokyo Game Show announcement – with all information being provided in Japanese and no mention of a Western release whatsoever. Considering the lack of information given by Sega’s Western arms regarding its seemingly suspended plan to localise Phantasy Star Online 2 — including Sega Europe’s less than helpful update — many Western Phantasy Star fans assumed the worst.

Nevertheless, Sega Addicts got in touch with Sega of America’s Kellie Parker to ask about the possibility of Phantasy Star Nova‘s Western release,

Quote from: Kellie Parker
There are currently no plans to release Phantasy Star Nova in the western market. Should this change, we will ensure the information is shared as soon as possible.

It’s hard to be surprised, but Sega’s official truncation of Phantasy Star fans’ hopes to see the title in their local videogame shop is still saddening.

Were you holding out for a Western release of Phantasy Star Nova? Is this the end of Phantasy Star in the West? Can Sega really be blamed for its decision to keep the brand where it believes it will sell well? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 06:39:49 am »
I very much doubt that NOVA wont get localized, its too big of a game not to plus its the right type of game to release for Sega of America because its offline. They're saying that because the game is being previewed and not yet released in japan until next year. After that we will see.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 08:26:21 am »
I think SEGA Addicts jumped the gun, and Kellie was simply giving the standard "no plans at this time" PR reply. I mean, the game itself was just announced. Of course SEGA of America would have no plans right now. They probably didn't even know of the game until recently.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 09:41:26 am »
I kind of see Nova as the answer to a portable Xenoblade Chronicles from what I've seen.

Perhaps people didn't like that game but it certainly made an impact with some of its features that aren't seen in many RPGs today.

I am fine with that approach personally.

I also agree with Barry and ROJM, the game's budget must be pretty big to not localise it outside of Japan. Even if it catches a niche market like Xenoblade did...it'll sell quite a few copies if they market it correctly that it's just a fun, mission based RPG that can be played with 3 friends.

If it's ever announced that it's coming to the West, I am certainly pre-ordering the game.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 12:25:32 am »
Phantasy Star Nova is finally released in my region store (Southeast Asia).
Yeahhhh !!!  :-D

Chinese translation only .
Boooo !!!!  >:(

Source : https://www.facebook.com/PlayStationTaiwan/posts/891739340868806

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 02:51:55 am »
You had me excited... then disappointed. Should be mandatory to be in English... for our sake, right?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 06:34:32 am »
You had me excited... then disappointed. Should be mandatory to be in English... for our sake, right?
Right.
Do chinese not know english or something?
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 07:42:51 am »
Right.
Do chinese not know english or something?

They'd better learn. Soon the US will take over the world. Oh wait, that's China. China is taking over. :(

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 10:18:36 am »
They'd better learn. Soon the US will take over the world. Oh wait, that's China. China is taking over. :(
At least if we learn chinese we can play all these games.
There's always a plus side.
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 01:23:50 pm »
Maybe there's still hope that it will come West, if it got localized somewhere else besides Japan.