Author Topic: SEGA says PSO2 still coming to the west  (Read 64472 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: SEGA says PSO2 still coming to the west
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 02:44:58 am »
Would be nice if they announced a port to a console at TGS, for those that don't have a capable PC.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 08:17:17 am »
That's if they give the west the new updates if it ever gets released. Anyway it won't be like the first game where you could conceivably play everyone around the world.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 02:25:46 pm »
Sega is more or less playing the part of the local cable company in south park at this rate.

Only at least the Cable company in south park was offering services/products in the area at least.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 02:34:44 pm »
1. Phuck consoles......they are all screwed up.

2. PC is great. You can hook it up like an console.

3. We do not need any PSO2 engrish version. It is a waste of time because people already translated the J-PSO2 game. SEGA can just take that time and make some add-ons for the game and just allow western people to purchase points thru steam or some bs like that. Or even on the SEGA site. That is all. SEGA is wasting our time with translating PSO2. Waste of money and waste of answers.

4. To make things great. Just like the PSO BBurst and GCN/ DReamcast. It will be able to play offline and with unofficial servers as well.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 03:53:15 pm »
Would be nice if they announced a port to a console at TGS, for those that don't have a capable PC.

Doesn't take a very capable machine to run PSO2 but I agree with this statement.

The previous PSO's were on consoles, and the franchise itself was birthed on them. An Xbox port would effectively be done for them given the similarities of API, and a PS4 port probably wouldn't take much effort after that. 

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 06:15:42 pm »
Doesn't take a very capable machine to run PSO2 but I agree with this statement.

The previous PSO's were on consoles, and the franchise itself was birthed on them. An Xbox port would effectively be done for them given the similarities of API, and a PS4 port probably wouldn't take much effort after that. 

It doesn't need a powerful PC, but its frustrating as hell getting it run on PC from my experience. A console would extremely streamline the experience and make the game more accessible to a wider audience. and I say that as someone who is dealing with stupid issues with my PC almost all the time it seems like. I have a lot of experience with troubleshooting issues and installing PSO2 still drives me nuts.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 08:04:06 pm »
It doesn't need a powerful PC, but its frustrating as hell getting it run on PC from my experience. A console would extremely streamline the experience and make the game more accessible to a wider audience. and I say that as someone who is dealing with stupid issues with my PC almost all the time it seems like. I have a lot of experience with troubleshooting issues and installing PSO2 still drives me nuts.

Aye. Stupid Gameguard.

Again, I agree with the console sentiment. The Original PSO was famous for MMO-ising a console game, I don't see why console should be denied the opportunity to play it's successor. So I'm all for a console port of PSO2, especially if it helps the game eventually get localized, though my interest itself fades every day.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »
I don't see the issue having it on console. Personally I'm going to run it on PC, I like PC, that is what I prefer but the franchise has a long history of being on consoles, that was the point of the first game. Give a online PC experience on consoles and its a bit lame that they are basically ignored the PS3/360. Maybe they weren't powerful enough to run it how SEGA wanted, but now that the PS4 has plenty of free-to-play games the excuses are much lower. Not to mention the internals on PS4 makes porting way easier.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 07:37:50 am »
The issue with console is motivated by money. Sega could easily put PSO on consoles but its far cheaper to put it on digital and PC because they don't have to pay the extra costs towards the console companies to publish it or kick backs from each game unit it sells.
That's a factor that many people are missing. Everyone complains about sega is not kicking ass on consoles but the reality is they are kicking ass...just not on consoles...and they're making a lot more money on newer titles than they would have done if they had been released on consoles. And for far less the cost. VITA is the only system they even considered releasing some of these games onto but its usually an after thought way after the game has established itself and made its none on the platform of choice..mobile or PC.  The only bad side to all this is if they continue this run which they seem to be doing than the inevitable situation is that Sega will end up laying off half its staff because they won't need them for console development anymore. Only arcades and Mobile/PC digital FTP titles. And it also looks that this trend could spread to other companies in japan as well. I'd hate to say it but console development unless it changes drastically will probably be near extinction in japan in the next several years...

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 08:09:19 am »
One does not simply "Sell" a game that is Free to download and play*

*Microtransactions obviously included.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 11:20:22 am »
All titles are counted as sales or in the case of FTP, PTP games in their reports downloads. Whether its the FTP games which has tons of adverts in the game or PTP which you pay for weapons, to download the next levels etc etc...
Still they're getting their money with little costs...

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 11:33:46 am »
All titles are counted as sales or in the case of FTP, PTP games in their reports downloads. Whether its the FTP games which has tons of adverts in the game or PTP which you pay for weapons, to download the next levels etc etc...
Still they're getting their money with little costs...

sometimes you have to make sacrifices to reap the rewards.

Surely the greatly expanded userbase by having PSO2 on consoles would outweigh getting all the profit of DLC to yourself. SEGA already has the game on Vita. So they already aren't getting 100% profit.

There is a lot of people who don't game on PC's. Console in the future might not be the same way they are today, but, PC experience will never be simplified. Valve has tried and failed. PC gaming is for enthusiasts. Too many problems that can happen with it.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 12:31:39 pm »
Doesn't take a very capable machine to run PSO2

no, it certainly doesn't but it looks god awful at low settings.  I have a pretty powerful pc and even I need to scale down a lot of settings to get it to run smoothly during some of those emergency codes.  It literally looks like a high res psx game at low settings.  And with a game like this, visuals are half the draw. 

Offline ROJM

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 01:32:49 pm »
sometimes you have to make sacrifices to reap the rewards.

Surely the greatly expanded userbase by having PSO2 on consoles would outweigh getting all the profit of DLC to yourself. SEGA already has the game on Vita. So they already aren't getting 100% profit.

There is a lot of people who don't game on PC's. Console in the future might not be the same way they are today, but, PC experience will never be simplified. Valve has tried and failed. PC gaming is for enthusiasts. Too many problems that can happen with it.

Not really since Vita isn't as expensive as it is on console. There's a reason why SOJ started to concentrate more on handheld systems with their various games as well as platforms on their way out before they fully went gung ho on the digital side of things. They looking for the least minimal R+D costs to reap maximum profit.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 03:03:58 pm »
Digital extremes is 170 Employees
Gaijin Entertainment is 60+ employees.

Both have self published F2P MMO's on the PS4.

Saying Sega can't because of cost as far as I'm concerned is almost like making excuses.