Author Topic: Sega 3D Classics questions  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Sega 3D Classics questions
« on: March 20, 2018, 06:24:45 pm »
So, I finally got a Japanese 3DS and the three Sega 3D Classics collections! It was worth the wait and I'm having a blast. But as I'm new to both the collections and the 3DS itself, I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

First, when you're finished playing one of the games, is there a way to back out to the main menu of the cartridge to choose another game? So far I don't know what it is, so I've just been backing out to the system menu, choosing another app, and then restarting the cartridge. Seems like there must be a way to just get back to the cartridge menu. Please mention the buttons used as it's a Japanese 3DS that I've got and I can't read most of the menu options.

Second, I don't know how to access the hidden games. I know there are some hidden games and I also heard it unlocks various other games if you have all three volumes of the series. How can you find them?

Thanks!

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sega 3D Classics questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:40:25 pm »
Second, I don't know how to access the hidden games. I know there are some hidden games and I also heard it unlocks various other games if you have all three volumes of the series. How can you find them?

Thanks!

I dunno the answer  for the first question since I forgot too which button to press but here the answer for the second question.

The hidden game are : Girl’s Garden and Champion Boxing.
Having a save data from Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 1 will get us Yuji Naka's Girl’s Garden on Archives 3.
Having a save data from Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 2 will get us Yu Suzuki's Champion Boxing  on Archives 3.
So play Archives 1 & Archives 2 first, save on any game, then play Archives 3.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:44:08 am »
Ah, okay. Thanks! After finishing a game it gives me a dialog in Japanese and the option to press A or B... I'm assuming that's asking if I want to save the data for that game, right?

Offline stalepie

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 03:46:58 pm »
Does it include Thunder Force III? I wish they had released that on the U.S. e-shop or in a new collection.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 06:52:54 pm »
Does it include Thunder Force III? I wish they had released that on the U.S. e-shop or in a new collection.

Yes, it does. There's also Alien Syndrome, and a couple of Master System games like Out Run 3D and Space Harrier 3D that I don't think were part of the Western releases... that's why I went to the extra effort of getting the Japanese versions.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:55:03 pm by Centrale »

Offline Centrale

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 09:50:06 am »
Question for someone who is already familiar with this series - are there savestates? Like with an emulator, where you can save at a particular moment of gameplay, and then resume from there again? And if so, how do you save and then load?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 01:02:47 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure this is possible. Do you have any of the english language versions to try it out with?

Offline Centrale

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 01:41:30 pm »
Well, yes and no... I do have the Sega 3D Classics cartridge, I just don't have a North American 3DS!

However I saved all the translated M2 interviews that ran on the Sega blog back in the day (as a matter of fact I was crazy enough to format them and print them like minizines), and I think some of them show the menus in English. Once I spot the options in the menu I'll be able to memorize what the words look like in Japanese.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 07:38:03 pm »
Question for someone who is already familiar with this series - are there savestates? Like with an emulator, where you can save at a particular moment of gameplay, and then resume from there again? And if so, how do you save and then load?

Yes, there is.
It's the second option on the left to save,
and on the right to load.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 03:19:48 pm »
Thanks, Berto! I've been enjoying getting into these games. Getting to play Turbo Out Run is a treat, as I haven't played it much... I feel like I remember seeing it in the arcades but I'm not sure, it was so long ago. The only problems I'm having are with the 3DS hardware itself. The d-pad seems to be unusually tiring to my thumb, and the circle pad is just weird the way it moves, like it seems to have a big dead zone and but then it has really strong resistance out at the edges.