Author Topic: RDJ to play Iron Man in Captain America 3! Marvel to begin Civil War storyline  (Read 9937 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
But he didn't have ten rings, an awesome beard, pale green skin and hated technology.

Cool baddie still, doesn't devalue anything he did though.

I still feel like it's a really odd thing to do. I figured it was close enough to a 'mandarin' as we'll get in Marvel Movies. Not to mention they are too scurred to make a Chinese villain because those Chinabux.

Unfortunately, Aldrich Killian was not the Mandarin.

He is actually a character from the comics also. Although his comic counterpart was nothing like the character the film. He is just a scientist that steals Extremis and then commits suicide later on. From what I remember he helped create Extremis in the movie.

I do remember hearing this, but I figured it was just another case of Iron Man villains being smushed together, like Crimson Dynamo/Whiplash for Iron Man 2. I feel like Marvel did it somewhere else too, but can't think of where now.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
I still feel like it's a really odd thing to do. I figured it was close enough to a 'mandarin' as we'll get in Marvel Movies. Not to mention they are too scurred to make a Chinese villain because those Chinabux.

Yeah, that's probably the worst bit that's going to happen if we do get Mandarin. Watching the latest Transformers movie and it becoming major propaganda for the Chinese government at the end was... Weird.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Yeah, that's probably the worst bit that's going to happen if we do get Mandarin. Watching the latest Transformers movie and it becoming major propaganda for the Chinese government at the end was... Weird.
Waaaat, I didn't watch it because Transformers movies are all terrible, but please do tell!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I agree with Barry suggesting that Captain America movies are better than the rest of the Marvel films. I just love how they are doing it, Winter Solider was a great spy/thriller sorts with nice blend of humor.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Waaaat, I didn't watch it because Transformers movies are all terrible, but please do tell!

The final act is set entirely in Hong Kong. As the Transformers, Decepticons and a third race of Transformers start duking it out, the scene shifts to a bunch of Hong Kong police officers, paraphrasing;

"This is massive trouble."
"We can't handle this by ourselves!"
"Quickly, go call the Central Government for assistance."

*Scene shifts to Chinese Ministry of defence, reporters swarming the government minister*

"Minister what are you going to do?!"
"Action! The central government will protect Hong Kong and it's people!"

EDIT: Scratch that, no Chinese version, makes the whole scene seem even worse.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:40:02 pm by Aki-at »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
The final act is set entirely in Hong Kong. As the Transformers, Decepticons and a third race of Transformers start duking it out, the scene shifts to a bunch of Hong Kong police officers, paraphrasing;

"This is massive trouble."
"We can't handle this by ourselves!"
"Quickly, go call the Central Government for assistance."

*Scene shifts to Chinese Ministry of defence, reporters swarming the government minister*

"Minister what are you going to do?!"
"Action! The central government will protect Hong Kong and it's people!"

EDIT: Scratch that, no Chinese version, makes the whole scene seem even worse.

No Chinese version doesn't mean it's not trying to get the China Demographic though.

But yeah these fucking movies. Remember in one of them there was a line that was literally 'We need to hack the bridge!'. And then they 'hacked' into a bridge to open it. I threw up right there in the cinema. Right there. All over the guy in front. I tried to apologise but he was violently throwing up as well.