Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106854 times)

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2021, 02:39:36 am »
Okay, while it can be conveniant for hotlinking links to YouTube to present an embedded video but it can be annoying at times. Is there a way to disable it on specific posts to make more tidy lists?

Wow, Nice. I haven't seen many of these.
Only some of Streets of Rage and Sonic, I think.

Lol... I have those problem too about youtube links : http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3892.msg95949#msg95949
I don't know how to make them not automatically embedded video.
Or may be I just directed it to your post.. But I won't be able to add anything then.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2021, 08:21:29 am »
The only way I know to bypass the embedding is if you get the YouTube link straight from Google search.
For examples:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic by Blue Core Studios (CGI Sonic and various, live-action locations and humans.)
The Hedgehog by Chris Lee & Paul Storrie (Little to do with Sonic and more just about how depressing growing up is. The Eggman guy hangs himself.)
Sonic Boom the Musical by random Encounter (people wearing costumes, mostly a songs than a full movie)
Sonic the Musical by Random Encounters (Like the above video, but more of a parody trailer.)
End of Sonic Adventure by juicitron (Actors in costumes. Might have had a prequel but I can't find it. A sequel to another fanfilm called "Sonic Adventure Unlimited" but can't find the sequel.)
Sonic the Hedgehog! by Ninja Kidz
Sonic: Chaos Conquest by Brunch Boiz Productions
Return to Little Planet 2 by The Sonic Show (There is a Part 1 and Part 3 but I can't seem to find them.)

I know there are other live-action Sonic videos out there but I chose ones that I figured were more significant and of interest. There were few more videos I really wanted to add to the list but I couldn't find them on YouTube. They were either taken down or lost in YouTubes search algorithm.

Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckles Fan Film by Team Chaotix Br
Bare Knuckle Streets of Rage & Part 2 by Basil Masters
Streets of Rage by Dogger StreetStupid (More of just a series of brawls than an actual story)
De-Pixelatied - Streets of Rage by GameTrailers (Again, mostly just a series of brawls to emulate the game)
Fran Campos Films are making a Streets of rage fan film.

Other
House of the Dead by Ian Adams (It really is the only THotD fanfilm I can find.)
Shenmue: 'Suka High by Rising Tiger Films (Live-action, with dialogue from the games.)
Ryo Vs Lan Di  | Shenmue Live Action Martial Arts Fan Film by Fred Nguyan Khan
Kiwami | Yakuza by Red Phoenix Films

EDIT: OK, nevermind. The forum removed most of the google search links. Eitherway you can add these fanfilms on the list if you want, and any live-action fanfilms you know of.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 01:27:00 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Online Berto

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2021, 02:14:47 am »
Do make bit ly links for those youtube links could solve the issues?
Are bit ly links permanent or there are time limits for them?
Never have tried before though.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 12:46:38 pm »
I dunno what bit ly is, but I'll try something else...
Test

EDIT Yep, that'll work. I've edited my previous posts. It's so much more neater now.

What I did was use http://y2u.be/code as an alternate like to these YouTube videos links. y2u.be is basically used to make any YouTube link addresses smaller for conveniances. And given the forums code don't recognise it as a YouTube link means it treats it as a traditional one.

Now that that's been sorted, my list of fan videos now look propper and we can return on topic.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:56:42 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Online Berto

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2021, 09:27:03 pm »
Sweet. Put them on the first page.

This y2u be links are really practical.
Google search links would be a headache since it contain many characters, and there are limit of characters we can put in one post.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2021, 09:55:03 pm »
It's all good then. If I find anymore Sega related fan-videos I'll post them. I know they're not "official" but with Sonic's movie, Like a Dragon movies and a movie franchise confiscated from Uwe Boll we got slim pickings here.
If you could make a live-action fan film, what would it be about? Before the first Sonic movie came out, I did had my own ideas for a Live-action Sonic fan film. Even my own designs in mind for how Sonic would look... though probably not as good as how he was in his movie.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 12:39:05 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Online Berto

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 12:46:30 am »
If you could make a live-action fan film, what would it be about? Before the first Sonic movie came out, I did had my own ideas for a Live-action Sonic fan film. Even my own designs in mind for how Sonic would look... though probably not as good as how he was in his movie.

I've read it and it's kinda interesting to bring Madonna back.
I know Archie Comics brought Madonna back too as agent of GUN, but she only showed up in one issue.

I remember there are funny youtube fan series about battle of SEGA heroines where the winner has to face Madonna.
Guess some fans do really want to see Madonna.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 11:06:17 am »
I've read it and it's kinda interesting to bring Madonna back.
I know Archie Comics brought Madonna back too as agent of GUN, but she only showed up in one issue.

I remember there are funny youtube fan series about battle of SEGA heroines where the winner has to face Madonna.
Guess some fans do really want to see Madonna.
I would only want Madonna in a live-action scenario if she is played by the actual Madonna.

Online Berto

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 07:18:23 pm »
I would only want Madonna in a live-action scenario if she is played by the actual Madonna.

She's too old for that now...
But damn.. She's still beautiful.
Michael Jackson and Madonna... My childhood icons..

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 07:44:55 pm »
She's too old for that now...
But damn.. She's still beautiful.
Michael Jackson and Madonna... My childhood icons..
I was tihnking as a cameo at least... but yeah, for someone in her sixties she is still beautiful.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2021, 07:45:51 am »
I had a talk with my brother who knows more on filmmaking than I do and he convinced me that if I can't make full fledge fan movies due to my limits, I should aspire to at least make "teasers" for those fanfilms in mind.

Will take some time to put together though. What I have in mind for The House of the Dead teaser would be more possible than what I have in mind for Virtua Cop.

Online Berto

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2021, 08:19:47 am »
I had a talk with my brother who knows more on filmmaking than I do and he convinced me that if I can't make full fledge fan movies due to my limits, I should aspire to at least make "teasers" for those fanfilms in mind.

Will take some time to put together though. What I have in mind for The House of the Dead teaser would be more possible than what I have in mind for Virtua Cop.

I see.. A teaser. Closer to a Fan trailer like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaBNI6o4Uqk

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2021, 08:57:10 am »
I see.. A teaser. Closer to a Fan trailer like this?
Yes but unlike that trailer that recycles footage from Seventh Son, I would like to film the footage for myself. That way if people like the teaser then perhaps more support for more fuller projects.

Or the very least start a hashtag Sega Cinematic Universe trend.

Online Berto

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2021, 07:52:22 pm »
Yes but unlike that trailer that recycles footage from Seventh Son, I would like to film the footage for myself. That way if people like the teaser then perhaps more support for more fuller projects.

Or the very least start a hashtag Sega Cinematic Universe trend.

That would be a trend I would love to get popular.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2021, 09:22:20 pm »
That would be a trend I would love to get popular.
Yeah. I just need to pick a project teaser I want to start there and see where it leads. My ideas for The House of the Dead might be plausible but dunno how to pull off convincing zombie make up and costumes.