Author Topic: Peter Moore talks about Sega  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Peter Moore talks about Sega
« on: April 07, 2017, 04:09:13 pm »
Why Peter Moore once told Sega's Yuji Naka to "f**k off". Sega "didn't see the stormclouds" in the industry: https://t.co/vNmwqcIK9l

Can't help but agree with him on this. There was clearly a time where the top of Sega thought they were still "it".

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: Peter Moore talks about Sega
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 08:47:50 pm »
Why Peter Moore once told Sega's Yuji Naka to "f**k off". Sega "didn't see the stormclouds" in the industry: https://t.co/vNmwqcIK9l

Can't help but agree with him on this. There was clearly a time where the top of Sega thought they were still "it".

God, that's refreshing.
Be like water.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 08:56:24 pm »
Also worth considering - in this interview, Peter Moore clarifies the notion that he "made the call" to have Sega cease manufacturing consoles and become a third party developer. According to him, it was not his decision but he was instructed to literally set up the conference call between Sega of Japan and Sega of America.

So the decision was made, 'We're gonna end this, and we're gonna turn into a third party.' And then somehow it was my job to 'make the call.' That's something I have been, and forever will be, tainted with. 'He made the call to kill the Dreamcast.' No I didn't. But my job was to make the phone call, because the Japanese said, 'we need you to host the conference call.'

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:13:51 am »
Yeah, I never really thought it was him mind. I mean, SoJ are the ones that call all the shots and as this interview shows, SoJ didn't really listen to anyone else anyway.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 09:20:46 pm »
The full version that page links to is an excellent read.

Offline sonicsmash

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 05:19:06 am »
Thanks for sharing, it was a very good read.