Author Topic: Movies Of 2017  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Shun-Di

• bling: 0
Re: Movies Of 2017
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2017, 03:22:23 pm »
https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

1,000,000 Republic credits say the only tidbits they showed in the trailer is the only plot in the movie. 
Be like water.

Offline pcm92

• bling: 2
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2017, 05:18:33 pm »
Is Rey the last Jedi or is it Luke?

Can Finn be a jedi?

Will the princess die just like Han Solo?

How does Rey know how to beat a Sith Lord without training?

These questions are the result of how Disney is destroying Star Wars.

Offline Shun-Di

• bling: 0
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 06:36:52 pm »

Can Finn be a jedi?

Disney doesn't care about the story.  They care about marketing toys.  They completely missed what made Star Wars awesome, the mythology as well as the setting and characters.  Say what you will about the prequels, at least they were coherent. 
Be like water.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• bling: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:32 pm »
-_- Disney doesn't make Star Wars, Lucasfilm does. While Disney did acquire Lucasfilm, it is largely the same company. Even George appointed Kathleen Kennedy before the sale was made.

Offline Tad

• bling: 6
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2017, 11:00:27 am »

Can Finn be a jedi?

1) I suspect Luke is and will be the last Jedi with his final act being to train Rey in the ways of the force. As seen before, the Jedi ideology is heavily flawed and results in people falling to the darkside. I think Rey will just be herself and sit on the "grey" side.

2) I don't think he will be. Maybe like Rey in the end where he's trained but not a jedi etc.

3) Nope. They've already said Leia will continue on through CGI like Rouge One.

4) Answer number 1

Offline pcm92

• bling: 2
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2017, 07:23:26 pm »
1) I suspect Luke is and will be the last Jedi with his final act being to train Rey in the ways of the force. As seen before, the Jedi ideology is heavily flawed and results in people falling to the darkside. I think Rey will just be herself and sit on the "grey" side.

That's kind of boring to see, but you're probably right.

2) I don't think he will be. Maybe like Rey in the end where he's trained but not a jedi etc.

I think he was the best new character in 7. Great story of a rise to power for the good, coming from his dark background.

3) Nope. They've already said Leia will continue on through CGI like Rouge One.

It's good to hear this because I am a big fan of Carrie and I was shocked when I found out she died.

4) Answer number 1

Can you be more specific? I still don't know how she was able to take down a Sith Lord, use mind control, and master a lightsaber without force training. Every other Jedi has to go through it. Why didn't she have to? What makes her special?

Offline Tad

• bling: 6
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 02:31:20 am »
Rey's rough upbringing made her strong as a character. She's no expert, but she knows a lot about technology and how to fight due to her roots as a scavenger. She's clearly strong with the force and is able to listen to it in times of need, but there's still a lot of questions around Rey's past that we don't know about. I'm guessing this has something to do with people fleeing the empire back when they were at their strongest.

As for her fight with Kylo, he isn't a sith lord. He's an apprentice who was badly injured before they fought. Commander Snoke seems to be acting like a sith lord, but again, we don't know the full story behind him.