Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 113141 times)

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2013, 11:39:21 am »
pitty. i should v at lest finished the game before i sold it. but i just got angry. the blind anger made me to impulsive stuff

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2013, 11:52:42 pm »
pitty. i should v at lest finished the game before i sold it. but i just got angry. the blind anger made me to impulsive stuff
Wow man.. You gotta chill out dude
SEG4GES

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2013, 08:22:10 am »
Says the person who called me out by name in your previous post, ya little jokester!  ;D

Yawn.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2013, 08:28:21 am »
I agree with Ben and George. After finishing this fucker, I was seriously annoyed.
George is the only one who had the decency to play the game before commenting on it. Makes me wonder if this was the reason why mike hayes left the company since he reinstated this project when they cancelled this title along with most of the contracts that Simon jeffery made up. I see positives and I see flaws with this game, the main thing is the potential of what the game should have been. That's probably the most dishearting thing about it. Now the creative assembly has more pressure on them to deliver a rip roaring great game after what's happened. And nobody needs that type of pressure heaped upon them.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2013, 10:48:52 am »
Does anybody know what type of game it is that Creative Assembly is working on?  Because they excel at RTS but their attempt at action (Viking) was only okay. 

Offline ROJM

« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2013, 11:00:30 am »
No one has said officially but there are clues that it may be some sort of survival horror style of game.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2013, 11:16:02 am »
Oddly enough A:CM is still in the UK top ten. Hasn't made a serious drop off as some was expecting.Despite the big competition and bad press out there.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2013, 04:56:04 pm »
Here's an interesting bit of news related to Timegate:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/4/4063842/layoffs-hit-one-of-the-aliens-colonial-marines-development-studios?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Layoffs hit TimeGate Studios, the Houston, Texas-based studio that helped develop Aliens: Colonial Marines, today, the president of the studio confirmed to Polygon.

"Today, we had to make the difficult decision to let go of some great game developers. This is never easy, and we're doing all we can to assist those developers affected," TimeGate president Adel Chaveleh told Polygon. "TimeGate is preparing, as is the entire industry, for the transition to next-generation consoles and new business models. As part of this reinvention, all projects and strategic initiatives continue to move forward at the studio."

While Chaveleh did not detail the number of people impacted, sources tell Polygon that about 25 people were let go from the studio this morning. The sources also say the layoffs were connected to a publishing deal falling through earlier this month.

Formed in 1998, TimeGate worked with a number of large publishers and developers over the years. Their games include Section 8, FEAR Files and, most recently, helping Gearbox Software with the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Aliens: Colonial Marines' mostly negative reviews were blamed, in part, on the shared development of the game and accusations that Gearbox mishandled their leadership of the game's production.

Shortly before the game's release, Gearbox co-founder Randy Pitchford told IGN that TimeGate worked on the game about as much as Gearbox did.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #249 on: March 05, 2013, 05:55:09 pm »
Despite arguably having two misses (AvP and Aliens: CM) under their belt, I have some hope for Creative Assembly's Aliens game.

For one thing, Creative Assembly is an inhouse studio and does have a fairly large staff (200 people, according to Wikipedia), so oversight won't be an issue.

I just wish they'll make a version for Ps3/Xbox 360 even though, we might be looking at the new generation this year.

Meanwhile, I decided to take a stab at the game's PC version, ya know, just to try it out. The opening cutscene is Okay-ish, but the enemy AI is... complicated. The xenos just marching straight into you. At worst they just slap you. My AI partner O'Neal can take out most of the Xenos by himself.

The visuals aren't bad, but they look like something from nearly two years ago, if you guys catch my drift.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2013, 08:10:03 pm »
I wouldn't count Aliens vs Predator as a miss. I mean, it sold well and reviews were average. Personally, I thought it was great fun and Rebellion's effort had much more polish than what Gearbox/Time Gate produced.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2013, 02:14:01 am »
I wouldn't count Aliens vs Predator as a miss. I mean, it sold well and reviews were average. Personally, I thought it was great fun and Rebellion's effort had much more polish than what Gearbox/Time Gate produced.

Spot on .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #254 on: March 07, 2013, 05:57:52 am »
How unprofessional. He's writing an article about a game he didn't play but kept making  comments on. Geez how journalism has gone down since the internet. Long for the days of E Storm and Jaz.....
Seems the criticism leveled at ALIENS VS PREDATOR doesn't mean much after A:CM. Considering it was a game that Sega picked up and only put some polish on what already had been done, it was a very successful project for them.