Author Topic: Zelda Wii U has been delayed, won't come out 2015  (Read 15064 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Zelda Wii U has been delayed, won't come out 2015
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 07:13:26 pm »
Back in the day, games were only 2D and had far more limited capabilities. Now the same kind of game would be 5 to 15 bucks on Steam, PSN, XBLA or the eShop.

Also, we're still unironically saying SEGA IS BETTER THAN NINTENDO in the year 2015?

Depends in what area, I mean SEGA are supporting the 3DS with their classics far better than Nintendo are doing... Nintendo still struggle to include Online play with their games in 2015, SEGA are far better with that and have been for over 15 years. Do I still enjoy more SEGA games than Nintendo? Yes. But do Nintendo ship more high quality games per year than SEGA? Yeah, probably... But by a smaller margin than it was only a short few years ago. What Nintendo REALLY has over SEGA is stronger brand recognition and more favour among gamers.
Made by SEGA

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 07:15:49 pm »
Guys of course I was talking about Sega in the 90's.

Compare Sega's in-house efforts to Nintendos, just in sheer amount. It's not even a fair comparision.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 09:50:26 pm »
Really I was even talking about back in the 90s or any time period, arguing about which was better is pretty much pointless because it really all depends on personal taste.

Like, you could argue about hardware or amount of games (Btw, keep in mind that the games SEGA published back then weren't all in-house, a lot of those like Vectorman, ToeJam & Earl, Ecco the Dolphin, Gunstar Heroes etc. were by third party developers. So games like those can't really be included when you're talking about the quantity of in-house developed games.), but at the end of the day it's all about which games you liked more. And seeing how different Nintendo's and SEGA's games were, it's pretty hard to compare them when it comes to quality.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:59:13 pm by TimmiT »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 08:30:11 am »
Oh well I agree with that, console wars is all nonsense.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 12:44:57 pm »
Its funny that SEGA fans are shit all of the internet on the daily and one one says on a SEGA site that SEGA had higher quality games on the Genesis, someone comes in to defend Nintendo and that person has never played SEGA hardware.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 01:09:37 pm »
Its funny that SEGA fans are shit all of the internet on the daily and one one says on a SEGA site that SEGA had higher quality games on the Genesis, someone comes in to defend Nintendo and that person has never played SEGA hardware.

Got to sound with this man, between 1987 to what, late 90s? SEGA had the better games technically and critically. They were really pushing the industry forward (Also found the link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984191 )

Not that Nintendo didn't have some great games in that period but I think in terms of quality content, SEGA just won out by a landslide.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 01:52:52 pm »
I didn't defend Nintendo. I was trying to say that arguing that Nintendo or SEGA is better is pointless and dumb and is something that people should have stopped arguing about after the age of 12.

Also FYI I barely played on any Nintendo console until the Gamecube, and the first console I've ever actually owned was a PlayStation. When it came to SNES and Mega Drive games I played both using emulators as a kid and I really didn't give a fuck about which was better. If anything I'm biased for Sony consoles. :V

EDIT: Or if you're talking about me defending that Nintendo takes their time to make their games good: no shit. If anything, games these days are too often put out in an unfinished state because of the developers not having enough time to properly finish their game.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:08:23 pm by TimmiT »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 02:54:24 pm »
People said that SEGA produced more games of same quality as Nintendo, which doesn't seem to be a negative. Nintendo did have higher 3rd party support at the time compared to SEGA so its natural that SEGA would try to create more content to even the tides. Not that Nintendo sucks compared to SEGA.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 04:36:17 pm »
I see nothing wrong with thinking and saying that SEGA is better than Nintendo or vice versa, as long as people aren't personally attacking others for their opinions.

I recall on Twitter I pointed out that SEGA got into the mobile business 15 years before Nintendo and have been very successful in it, and that as such I thought SEGA was the better company than Nintendo in this aspect. But nope, god forbid mighty Nintendo be called lesser than SEGA! Some of the replies I got were just silly. Like the favorite "saying one company is better than another is childish".

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 05:37:21 pm »
Well... if you don't want to get console fanboys on Twitter angry, don't make console fanboy arguments on Twitter. Also, when you're talking about old SEGA mobile games, you're talking about games like this:

And generally stuff like Minesweeper with Sonic's name attached to it. They didn't really start to get better until sometime after the iPhone/Android came along, and even then most of the stuff SEGA's put out hasn't been great aside from the Sonic remasters. It's not something to proudly present as something that SEGA did better than Nintendo. ;)

And when it comes to comparing if SEGA or Nintendo was better: really what matters most is the games the consoles had. And like I mentioned before, it really just depended on personal taste.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:57:00 pm by TimmiT »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 05:51:34 pm »
SEGA had the luxury of years of learning, development, and growth in the mobile market. They've been successful. What's wrong with that and what's wrong with saying SEGA did something Nintendo did not?

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 06:23:12 pm »
Don't just think of SEGA being successful in the mobile market, but also think of how they're successful in the mobile market. In SEGA's case, the way that they're successful isn't exactly a positive from the perspective of consumers. ;)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »
Tim, why do you always twist things into some argument?

I stated SEGA got in to mobile years before Nintendo. Fact. SEGA has made their own place in the mobile market after years of work. Fact. Nintendo hasn't done shit with mobile until 2015 and even still, they are relying DeNA. Fact.

So with all these facts in mind, I think it is more than fair to say that SEGA was more forward thinking and successful in an area than Nintendo.

But no, Tim needs to find an in to make a new argument! Let's see... ah! The early games were bland and there were mobile titles that had poorly implemented in app purchases! Yes, that invalidates what Barry was talking about!

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 07:39:50 pm »
I did kinda go off on a tangent at first, yeah. Really the main point I was trying to make was that if you don't want to piss off console fanboys, don't make the same kind of bad console fanboy claims.

But you literally asked why Sega being successful in the mobile market was a bad thing in your second post. So sorry for giving you the response you asked for, I guess. :|
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:42:36 pm by TimmiT »

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 09:16:48 pm »
E3 is going to be a strange one this year. Nintendo has to have something to fill the void at the end of this year, and at this point I hope it's Super Mario Sunshine HD. That's the only thing I can imagine they could turn around in a few months that would make the Zelda delay sting less. Might seem like a strange choice, but I'm dying to play that game again after seeing the TLC that Wind Waker got on WiiU.

I do hope that Next Level or Retro have something to show this year, but to expect them to launch late this year would be stunning since they've been so quiet since releasing their previous games.