Author Topic: Sonic Mania turns out great!  (Read 8014 times)

Offline Betwixt Thieves

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic Mania turns out great!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 12:31:56 am »
Does the leaderboards work for anyone? I have the PS4 version and it crashes the game whenever I try to view the leaderboard.

Offline Saonioc92

• flirtlu
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 04:31:46 pm »
Sonic mania has reinvigorated my love for the Sonic franchise that I played so much as a kid. I'm really happy critical reception has been well met also.

Offline Artwark

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 12:31:56 am »
So what is the big deal with the PC version? A lot are giving this bad reviews instead of good ones....

Offline Betwixt Thieves

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 12:37:05 am »
People were upset that it couldn't be played offline and that it had heavy DRM. The offline issue has been resolved.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 01:21:05 am »
Don't really see the point in DRM. If people don't want to pay, they'll find away around it regardless of what protection you put on it. All DRM does is annoy people who do pay for it and make their lives hell when they want to play the game a year down the line and the DRM considers your version to be pirated for no reason what so ever.

Stupid people do stupid things as usual I guess.

Offline Betwixt Thieves

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 02:06:35 am »
DRM doesn't bother me personally. I haven't had any issues with it on any games I own. It works fine for me when I want to use it.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 03:22:53 am »
DRM doesn't bother me personally. I haven't had any issues with it on any games I own. It works fine for me when I want to use it.

Try not opening Steam for a year. DRM would bother you next year when you begin to play the games again.
I too really don't see the point of DRM instead of annoying legit players.

Offline Artwark

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 04:23:00 am »
So is this game as of now Steam exclusive? If it isn't, then maybe people will buy it on sites like GoG instead of Steam?

Also, does Steam's DRM actually cause any malware and hurt the drive in the long run?

Offline Betwixt Thieves

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 09:19:49 am »
I guess my problem is not as much with DRM since it comes with any digital copy of movies, games, etc.  It is expected. My concern is that we have switched to a digital world of downloads and not owning anything outright any longer. I used to buy a game and could use it, sell it, lend it out, and I could even use it for target practice if I wanted. There are no plans to actually come up with a universal system of handling digital rights and securing them by user. No company cares to do this because they can continually sell you the same item again and again on multiple platforms and devices.