Author Topic: Aliens vs. Zombies  (Read 7841 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Aliens vs. Zombies
« on: February 20, 2015, 05:14:55 pm »
Which do you like better and why?

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Aliens vs. Zombies
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 05:34:28 pm »
Aliens.

A lot more variety to their general characters, motives, appearances and overall performance than Zombies, at least IMO.

Zombies aren't bad though, I just prefer Aliens.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:27:57 am »
Are we saying who would win in a fight, or which I'd rather see in media?

Really depends on too many factors. It relies more on the creator than anything, but I will say that Zombies are so, so overused currently. Every game and comic series that comes out is 'Zombies, but with a twist!'

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 11:06:16 am »
I suffered zombie burnout around 5 years ago. It has only gotten worse over the years, so many TV shows and movies and (worst of all) the jokey geek merch. I swear, if I see another "Keep Calm and Eat Brains" thing....

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:13:13 am »
I suffered zombie burnout around 5 years ago. It has only gotten worse over the years, so many TV shows and movies and (worst of all) the jokey geek merch. I swear, if I see another "Keep Calm and Eat Brains" thing....

I'm sick of Keep Calm etc etc things in general, those are SO fucking overused. Literally everything you do or think about probably has a variation of it.

Offline Spock

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 01:16:21 pm »
Barry the Nomad and MadeManG74, are you guys saying you prefer aliens? I realise you are both tired of zombies. What about aliens?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 10:07:54 pm »
I'd say I prefer aliens, though good alien movies and TV shows are hard to come by. Like the gray aliens are awesome, but it seems the xfiles only ever did them right. Close Encounters of the Third Kind too. Not so much a fan of War of the Worlds or Independence Day. Oh! I do like ifrst Men in Black as well as the animated series. Star Wars is an obvious choice, as is Trek though I prefer the aliens in Wars. Much more exotic.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 11:58:23 pm »
Aliens no doubt, films like Fire in the Sky and Signs are a big reason why I like Alien films and I'm a huge sci-fi nerd.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Spock

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 05:22:02 am »
Since everyone on this thread says aliens are better, can you at least name one zombie film that you do enjoy? Just don't say N.O.T.L.D.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 08:31:37 am »
"Night of the Living Dead".

Well, that and "Dawn of the Dead" and "Land of the Dead". I also really like "28 Days Later", and I did like "Shaun of the Dead" pre-hype. Now, I think the movie is a bit overrated and I'm not a big fan of Simon Pegg anymore. It's still a fun movie, but I don't like it as much as I used to.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 10:31:13 pm »
I feel like teenages have ruined all of my past favourite things... I used to love Pirates, I watched Muppets Treasure Island all the freaking time as a kid. Then Johnny Depp and his screaming fans ruined it... I also loved Vampires, like old school vampires... Even the first Underworld film was quite good... But here comes Twilight to turn Vampires into the worst thing in the world... Now I'm utterly sick of Zombies too, for the same reason Barry mentioned, so over played and turned into this cheesy teen fad thing.

Aliens are hanging on, teenage girls still haven't found a way to ruin them.

Still I'd take a good Zombie film over most alien invasion films... But I think space travel Sci fi (with or without aliens) is generally better. I watched Interstellar recently and loved it. And I love the Alien series.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 08:07:12 am »
I will admit to liking Warm Bodies - that zombie love story movie. It wasn't great, but it had its tongue firmly in its cheek and there were some really funny twists. Still, I feel that aliens have so many more possibilities than zombies ever will.

There is an outbreak, people who survive build a crooked society and barracade themselves, lots of drama between the living, people die and become zombies.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 12:22:22 pm »
I liked Season 1 and 2 of Walking Dead. Season 3 started to go downhill IMO.

Aliens is a broad term though, you can do so much with 'Aliens'. Check out Caliban, comic mini-series by Garth Ennis for a great recent alien horror.