Author Topic: London's burning  (Read 14999 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: London's burning
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 07:38:00 am »
You forgot Polaks!

I didn't,the w comment means anybody from a white context.

But on a serious note, I am not sure what you even mean. How does this involve other continents?

You tell me my Nazi saluting freind. You kept going on about ungrateful foreigners rioting when the reality is that most if not all of the people were BORN in the UK. But if you meant the fact that they were black(which we all know that's what you meant) you're wrong on that front too since it was a combination of different peoples black/asian/white and whatever as well  as the victims who were also from that group. This isn't a race problem its a society problem with all british youth.
And since you are fond about talking about immirgration, you live in a country where the majority are descended from immirgrants themselves. The only people that weren't were the native americans who were already living there only to see it get overun by europeanswho rioted against some king because of economic issues and looted an british ship just to damage the tea stock, then these same europeans who brought the blacks then started fighting with other europeans based in the north over the right to own a slave just at the same time when both sides be it the south and the north were activly commiting genocide on the people whose land they took over. So yeah if anybody can tell you about bloody foreigners coming over and ruining their once beautiful land its the american INDIAN.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:05:27 am by ROJM »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 09:14:52 am »
I thought this was pretty awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJkAo5f8mo4#ws

That's my local area. Infact, a friend was going into the area when it went into meltdown (And I'll be honest, people in West London did not think this was going to occur in West London, let alone Ealing) and he paniced, reversed into someone else's car when they were fleeing from the chaos. Latter when I bumped into him that night he was going all hysterical and telling me they're invading, stay in your homes, protect your family etc etc

It was so very surreal.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 09:20:49 am »
They're coming for you Aki, there coming for your restaurant!
DONT LET THEM LOOT THE NAANS!
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 09:31:48 am »
Aki, you should walk out into the chaos and state "Step the fuck up, it's time to die!". Everyone would back down, I am sure.

On a serious note, I hope injuries, casualties and property damages remain as low as possible. At the moment it seems like basic looting and ruffians throwing stuff around, but I fear it could get much worse. There does not even seem like there is any end in sight... Damn...

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 07:55:11 pm »
I call bull on the whole "Police abused their power!" thing. If a guy had a gun, then the right thing to do was to shoot back. What were the police supposed to do? Bend over for the criminal? Black or not, he was breaking the law.

This is quite sad and I hope this ends soon. IIRC, Canada also had a riot and America is having one right now over Verizon.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 07:58:50 pm »
Everything is going according to plan.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 05:03:43 am »
I call bull on the whole "Police abused their power!" thing. If a guy had a gun, then the right thing to do was to shoot back. What were the police supposed to do? Bend over for the criminal? Black or not, he was breaking the law.

This is quite sad and I hope this ends soon. IIRC, Canada also had a riot and America is having one right now over Verizon.

If the police didn't do anything wrong they wouldn't have tried to cover it up. Not informing the family was just as bad. Now the invesitgation has indicated that he didn't fire at police. Regardless if he was a criminal or not(i'm sure he was) if the police acted properly in the first place then none of this would have happened.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 05:12:57 am »
What's going on right now in London has nothing to do with one man getting shot by the police...

It is something far more troublesome.
Understand what has happened in 2011 in Great Britain. This is not social revolution. There is no list of grievances. There are no spokesmen. This is well-organized banditry. This is the most dangerous of all mobs: one without a leader to negotiate with or arrest.

I have a different analysis regarding the causes. First, there is state-funded education, k-12 (or dropping out). Second, there are minimum wage laws, which hit black teenage males most of all. Third, there is a complete breakdown of families, subsidized by state welfare. Fourth, there is envy. Fifth, there is jealousy. Sixth, the cost of organizing violence is falling steadily. The fun and excitement of violence are tempting to young men with no roots and no fathers at home. When you have a falling price for a forbidden fruit, you get riots. Combine it with racial hatred and a life of envy, and you get riots.

The jealous steal. The envious burn. They're already in a city near you.

There will be an incident. There always is.

There may be a riot. If there is, governments will react. Freedoms will be removed. Voters will cheer.

Violence feeds on itself.

The victims of banditry will take it for a while. They have been guilt-manipulated for 45 years. But the day will come when they will dig in, the way the Indian shop owners did in London. But, in this country, the victims will be armed.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 05:50:45 am »
What's going on right now in London has nothing to do with one man getting shot by the police...

It is something far more troublesome.

Well its gone bigger than that, i agree, but the point is that if this incident didn't happen, none of these riots would ever have happened and no one can get away from that fact.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 09:50:36 am »
The guy with the gun was the catalyst but common, all of those people smashing shop windows, burning and looting family businesses don’t give a shit about that guy, they’re just using the anarchy to steal things they want and cause chaos. They might even be making a point if they weren’t doing it in their own neighborhoods, shitting on their neighbors who are probably poor too but trying to earn a living instead of looting.

The ironic thing is that if there was no riot the police would have looked bad, but all this is doing is creating sympathy for them. Nothing proves the need for police like a riot. So what ever point they think they are making its back firing big time.

Finally, there is a strict gun law in England. If this guy who the police shot is in public, with a gun then he’s not exactly a model citizen, what is he planning to do with that gun? What is the soul purpose of a gun? No they shouldn’t have shot him or lied about what happened, but I know if I was a policeman, or anyone for that matter and there was a guy with a gun, I’d be jumpy and frankly I’d rather him shot dead than me.

Mistakes happen; we’re only human, even police officers; if you don’t want to be shot I suggest you don’t carry a gun.
Made by SEGA

Offline ROJM

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 10:30:44 am »
The guy with the gun was the catalyst but common, all of those people smashing shop windows, burning and looting family businesses don’t give a shit about that guy, they’re just using the anarchy to steal things they want and cause chaos. They might even be making a point if they weren’t doing it in their own neighborhoods, shitting on their neighbors who are probably poor too but trying to earn a living instead of looting.

The ironic thing is that if there was no riot the police would have looked bad, but all this is doing is creating sympathy for them. Nothing proves the need for police like a riot. So what ever point they think they are making its back firing big time.

Finally, there is a strict gun law in England. If this guy who the police shot is in public, with a gun then he’s not exactly a model citizen, what is he planning to do with that gun? What is the soul purpose of a gun? No they shouldn’t have shot him or lied about what happened, but I know if I was a policeman, or anyone for that matter and there was a guy with a gun, I’d be jumpy and frankly I’d rather him shot dead than me.

Mistakes happen; we’re only human, even police officers; if you don’t want to be shot I suggest you don’t carry a gun.

Well that's the thing Sharky, they're not doing it in their own neighbourhoods are they, Eailing enfield and the like are hardly deprived areas, these thugs were going into other areas and tearing them apart. Rich and poor, and its brought the country to a standstill. Where i live has hardly been touched despite it being near tottenham. And in this country i'd rather see people arrested than get shot because if we do go down that road where someone is shot without that person actually using the gun on the police then we are on the road to anarchy which is what has just happened. if he was shooting at police he deserved what he got but he didn't. And like i said a similar thing happened in Greece where a kid got killed by police and that triggered a riot as well as france something similar happened but not as bad as this though. The police have to be mindful that their actions can have great consequences to society as a whole as well as thee thugs who are now learning the full extent of british justice.

Oddly enough the people arrested so far have all turned out to have either good jobs or have rich parents. go figure.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 11:28:43 am »
They're coming for you Aki, there coming for your restaurant!
DONT LET THEM LOOT THE NAANS!

I think I would be helping the cops out, no doubt the food would slow them down, it'd be a service!

Oddly enough the people arrested so far have all turned out to have either good jobs or have rich parents. go figure.

And despite what some people will try to point out, a real mix in races, not just one large group.

Basically everyone who tried to come up with the reasons for the riots are wide off the mark thus far, too much of a mixture of different people and different cases.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 12:05:00 pm »
All the white people are chavs (lol)

Offline Sharky

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 03:26:41 pm »
All the white people are chavs (lol)

They're pretty much all chavs, because it's the poor young people rioting and those are the first two symptoms of chav.
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 04:07:45 pm »
Basically everyone who tried to come up with the reasons for the riots are wide off the mark thus far, too much of a mixture of different people and different cases.

New theory, Pulp is playing the Reading and Leeds Festivals soon, the UK is in tatters over their reunion.